Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is personal training in demand in Indonesia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is personal training in demand in Indonesia?

i am think of moving to indonesia (not sure what city yet) and starting my own personal training business there...
    is personal training in demand in indonesia? if so where?
    any advices would be helpfull

Hi there,
    I happen to be a fitness junkie and been observing the fitness business in here. Since not many people here are health conscious and the importance having personal trainer as beginner, so personal trainer is not really in high demand. But you might want to try to look at my gym first and do many researches. Jakarta is a good place to start.
    My gym hires expat instructors, maybe you can apply? if you are a group fitness instructor as well.
    follow me to www.yourguidetofitness.blogspot.com

Comment

If there is a demand, I guess that Jakarta would be the place. I never heard about "personal trainer" where I leave and I am afaid that people would be quite surprised by the idea. It does not mean that they would not be convinced, but I am afraid that mentallities is still a bit far from it. Jakarta, possibly Surabaya or Denpasar/Bali, sounds better to my opinion.
      I would be interested to hear from others leaving outside Jakarta like me

Comment

Originally posted by suddenly slimmer View Post
        Hi there,
        I happen to be a fitness junkie and been observing the fitness business in here. Since not many people here are health conscious and the importance having personal trainer as beginner, so personal trainer is not really in high demand. But you might want to try to look at my gym first and do many researches. Jakarta is a good place to start.
        My gym hires expat instructors, maybe you can apply? if you are a group fitness instructor as well.
        thanx for reply
        how did you start you business.... i assume from scratch..
        also how long you've been running it for?

Comment

I'm not running a fitness centre..but I go to celebrity fitness ( it's what i refer my gym...since i have lifetime membership there ) for exercise, however i do have great passion in fitness,exercise and diet. Although back in the days my friends suggested me to become personal trainer or instructor but Im not young anymore so all passion goes to my blog and book.
          Anyway, if you need help about your business, I'll be happy to ask around for you.

Comment

Originally posted by suddenly slimmer View Post
            I'm not running a fitness centre..but I go to celebrity fitness ( it's what i refer my gym...since i have lifetime membership there ) for exercise, however i do have great passion in fitness,exercise and diet. Although back in the days my friends suggested me to become personal trainer or instructor but Im not young anymore so all passion goes to my blog and book.
            Anyway, if you need help about your business, I'll be happy to ask around for you.
            that would be amazing if you could ask around and let me know where is the best city/location to start personal training business... here is my email: [email protected]
            thanx alot

Comment

suddenly slimmer... celebrity fitness at Pondok Indah Mall 2 (PIM2) is yours??? The one just opposite the Sogo foodstore entrance?? My niece goes there...LOL..not that she has anything that is unfit or fat to lose
              kau begitu sempurna, dimata ku kau begitu indah

Comment

izamarina : i used to go to PIM 2 A LOT! i was like "the preman" there. but the classes are very lame now, so i prefer to the one at FX. more dancing classes top instructors and...free wifi!
                gyei yshi: the very best location should be jakarta, although you might face competitors like gold's gym,fitness first and celebrity fitness they have own personal trainers. so i think you should come out with something cutting edge. Some of my friends become private personal trainers where they come to the client's house or apartment and i have friend who teaches yoga in private.
                you might want to consider surabaya or medan

Comment

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]There is a demand as I’m going to be looking for one in Jan when I get to Jakarta![/FONT][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If the trainer was western with all of the creds in bodybuilding diet and training I wouldn't mind paying a western type fee either[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by UbiMeDink View Post
                    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]There is a demand as I’m going to be looking for one in Jan when I get to Jakarta![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If the trainer was western with all of the creds in bodybuilding diet and training I wouldn't mind paying a western type fee either[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    I wonder if it is really important for the personal trainer to be western as long as he has "all of the creds in bodybuilding diet and training"? I also wonder if the western type fee is related to the credential or to the ethnic origin of the personal trainer?

Comment

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
                      Originally posted by All4you View Post
                      I wonder if it is really important for the personal trainer to be western as long as he has "all of the creds in bodybuilding diet and training"?
                      [/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I don’t care if the PT is western or local if he has all of the creds I would expect from a PT back home, but from what I’ve heard I would not find what I’m looking for unless I looked for a westerner with the above creds living in indo, short term for experience or whatever other reason. I would expect the trainer to have good creds in the above if I were to pay a western fee by my current standards (think £20 to £30 GBP an hour). and by creds I don’t mean stacks of certificates, but I do mean has as high standard of training and knowledge as I would expect out of a £20/£30 an hour personal trainer in London. If someone of that calibre isn’t available in indo then I would just accept whatever is available, but of course I’m not going to be paying the same as I would here in London. And I’m not talking about someone to jog with I’m talking about strict diet and training programs for bodybuilding which require explicit instruction which can only be given by a professional. If it’s not available then I will just get by on whatever is, but ideally id like a pro. And if that pro is an expat who is here for a year or so for the experience or something of that nature, I don’t mind paying the western rate. If the pro is a local indo and has the same standard as I’ve just noted, then sure I’d pay the premium. but from what I’ve discovered from looking around on the net and talking to a few guys here who have spent time there, its extremely rare if not non-existent to find a local who would be able to provide that level of personal training. Hence my comments[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
                      I also wonder if the western type fee is related to the credential or to the ethnic origin of the personal trainer?
                      [/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Most certainly the fee would be related to the credential / experience / own appearance. But it has been noted as above, that finding a local indo with the type of credential I’m looking for wouldn’t exist, or would be extremely rare and hard to find.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]my post was aimed at the possible short term expat who may be there for a year or 2 and is a PT back home (like the OP) – I was just noting that the option is there if you have the backup to earn the fee you would earn back at home as there are people like me who would be prepared to pay the home rate, rather than a local rate just because you are living locally. I hope I’m making sense[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

I've had good personal trainer...he made me lost 10kg and provided me with cutting edge exercises

Comment

In Jakarta, the biggest potential market is the rich who want a personal trainer, not because they want to train or train better, but rather because they want to be able to say and boast that they have a personal trainer. A status thing, you know...

Comment

An Elite PT and let's not worry about the rate.

Originally posted by All4you View Post
                            I wonder if it is really important for the personal trainer to be western as long as he has "all of the creds in bodybuilding diet and training"? I also wonder if the western type fee is related to the credential or to the ethnic origin of the personal trainer?
                            Hi..there i was just wondering of you're still looking for a personal trainer? if yes, your search of PT ends here. A little brief information about me, been working as an Elite Personal Trainer for Bally Total Fitness in Southern California and Fitness Director in Custom Body Fitness in Irvine had a diploma in exercise science. I was the one that be able to come out with a program called
                            Muscle Confusion by constantly introducing new moves and flip over the traditional interval training to dynamic high interval with active rest. My training itself would just blow your mind away ... so let's not worry about my rate. So if you are interested i just move back from CA to Jkt a month ago. Well hit me up with a phone call or e-mail will do.

Cellular : 0858-101-59100
                            Home : (021)653-05906
                            e-mail: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Until then stay healthy.

Comment

Hi - can anyone (example suddenly slimmer ?) recommend a personal trainer working in central JKT?

I could do with losing that 10kg myself....

Rgds,

CN

Comment

Working...
                              X