Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Ever go to the Jaya Pub- worst place in Jakarta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Ever go to the Jaya Pub- worst place in Jakarta.

I went to this place a couple of years ago. I was a regular customers coming there for over 5 years. I even sing/played guitar there. They also have a pooltable where i like to play pool(And always for free).
    Here the problem started. When I played pool I never ended up paying for the table, since i have played there many times, untill one day.
    They count the games I played and the waiter told me I need to pay 5.000 for each game(And i played more then 10). I asked another expat if he also paid. He told me he knew about it.

They never gave me notice anywhere in the place, that you'll be charged for playing pool.
    Then the manager came, i asked him why it's not written anywhere, then he gave me a stupid answer: "You never asked".

It's not about the money, but the way they do customers like that should not be tolerated.

I did pay he money, and told him to wipe his ass with it and that he lost one customer. THey don't really care. I will never come to this lowlevel place in my life anymore. THey should burn it down.

Danny

So this experience is the first in five years to teach you the place is "lowlevel" and the "worst place in Jakarta"? Before it happened it was worthy of your patronship and shouldn't have been "burned down"? After telling him to "wipe his ass with it" I'm surprised he wouldn't care to have lost you as a customer.

I agree they should have posted it clearly they charge for the use of the table or at least told you just as you were about to first chalk your cue. After 5 yrs of patronage they don't sound very bright in their customer service department.

I played on that table once. It's crap. I might play on it again if someone wanted to pay me 5,000 a game. That is an obscene amount of money for one game especialy on that quality of table.

In order for Jaya Pub to get the moniker of "Worst Place In Jakarta" and for us to accept your recomendation it should be burned down, especialy coming from a guy who spent over 5yrs regularily going there, you will have to do better than your sad pool table experience.

Sounds like you have a cross to bare and this is some feeble attempt at revenge against the place. Prove me wrong.

Comment

In order for Jaya Pub to get the moniker of "Worst Place In Jakarta" and for us to accept your recomendation it should be burned down, especialy coming from a guy who spent over 5yrs regularily going there, you will have to do better than your sad pool table experience.

Sounds like you have a cross to bare and this is some feeble attempt at revenge against the place. Prove me wrong.
      Well, the only revenge that i can do for now is to let others know about my sad experience.
      Honestly i didn't visit the place frequently during these 5 years if i hated the place(before this incident). The food, music were always good in my opinion, but due to this outragiously bad customer service, i would vote for them to apoligize and admit their mistake in not telling me the pool rules for an indeed crappy pool table. They of course won't apologize. I am still surprised that i did see many people playing pool for that night KNOWING that they'll pay for it.

Only this is enough for me to call it the worst place in Jakarta compared with other bars/pubs, lounges in Jakarta. I visited around 80% of them and never had such a rediculous experience as in the Jaya Pub. According to this comparison it is definitely the worst place in Jakarta for me.
      If the manger was bright, he would agree that there must be a notice somewhere. I don't know if they changed the rules now or not, but I need to get this in the publicity somehow.

If they continue like this, i really hope that this place will go down for a lack of customer service. Because they deserve it.

Does anyone else ever played and got charged for this bad pooltable?

Comment

Hi Dannyman,

Forget that one,
        If you want to have fun, just contact me, I'll send you references of nice places from 'lowlevel' to 'highlevel'.
        Don't worry, you don't have to pay for my drink or bother to get me going along with you.
        Just post your field report about the places, so everybody in this forum have choices of good places.

Good Luck
        Work Hard Party Hard,
        What else ???

Comment

Hi Thanks Mr Bridge,

I know myself which places are good. But it all depends on personal taste.
          The point though is that i have seen many bars in Jakarta to make a judgement.
          I love most of the places i have been. but the jaya pub again is the worst one.
          I forgot about that place, but still wanted to let others know about my experience and then let it rest.
          I hear people asking questions about which places are good and im hoping when they read this post they will not go to the Jaya pub. What i
          also hope is that the jaya pub will change their rules in this case, so it can become a good place again.

Comment

Just a tad over the top to have the pool table incident wipe out all the other reasons you went there. Don't play pool there and all the things that attracted you in the first place are still there. I have run into all kinds of bizzare, irrational acts in Indonesia some similiar to what you described. Although I understand your frustration and agree how they should have handled it, like say, "Mr. Danny after tonight, we have to charge you 5,000Rp per game but for now you don't have to pay. You are a really good customer", you over reacted and you are now posting in the manner you have here.

Comment

Hi, well you might think that, but eventhought i had a good tim there before, i don't want to waste my hardworking money to that place again out of principle reasons.
              Yes I have daily bizarre experiences in Indonesia, which can be funny for me and is part of indonesian culture.
              But profiling itself as a quality bar, would just not threat customers like that, where main customers are expats. That's all

Comment

a regular customer who didn't visit the place frequently

Comment

Originally posted by exiledgooner View Post
                  a regular customer who didn't visit the place frequently
                  Yes and he hated the place before the surprise pool table incident but continued to play guitar and sing. Likely. Fishy smell wafting.

Comment

I think Danny is talking about principle here and lack of service mindest, I would have probably reacted the same. One dissatified customer will tell 10 people, one satisfied only one person. The level of service in so many esblishments in Indonesia is not the same as you will find in other countries, sometimes better sometimes worse, if you find a place you enjoy accept it for what it is. However I think if I had been a regular even if only occasionally then to have not been told, I would have asimilar reaction.
                    Service mindset is difficult to engender, very often just common sense, but it is not so common it seems.
                    I think a lot derives from owners and managers underpaying their staff resulting in a could not care less attitude in the staff. Owners think they have a good thing and nothing will change ......
                    [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                    [/FONT]

Comment

in the bars where am i a regular, very few now i m afraid, i nearly always get good service from the staff who recognise me

it s been a while since i was last in jaya but don t recall anything too bad. avenue - now that was bad service but not jaya

Comment

What kim & Mika said totally true!

Comment

don't know if they're part of the same chain/company but the Jaya Pub in Bali is terrible

Comment

screw them! in bogor is a cafe free internet free pooltabels and cold bier big screens to watch sports!

Comment

They always try to raise money as if the owner is not there.

Comment

Working...
                              X