Long term employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term employment

Good day to everyone. My name is Lawrence, I'm 36 and currently living in Belgium. I'm on the forum to find help in finding long term employment in Indonesia, preferably around Bandung, but I am open for other regions as well.

I still live and work in Belgium as a local office coördinator/manager for a large driving school. My job consists of the daily administrative oversight, planning, and creating and channeling our publicity in the most effective way.

I am fluent in English, French, Dutch (mothertongue) and I have a basic knowledge of German & Spanish. I am learning Bahasa Indonesia also currently.

I hope that this forum can help me on my way. Suggestions and helpful information are always welcome.

Thank you very much.

Terima kasih.

Hi Lawrence. I don't want to sugarcoat it; it might not be easy to find a job here with your background.

This forum is more aimed about helping people to deal with the 'dagelijkse besoignes' of living in this country and dealing with the administrative overhead and regulations, it is not a job database like jobat.be or so. Then you'd better look into sites like: http://job-search.jobstreet.co.id/in.../bandung-jobs/

Perhaps you don't want to hear this, but some questions that come to mind when reading your post, are:
    Will you be in Indonesia (Bandung) coûte que coûte? So because of a relationship for instance? Or will it depend solely on finding a suitable job? If it's the latter, you should not forget there are quite some restrictions (Bachelor degree, a company sponsoring you, etc.). If you move here anyway, there are more possibilities to 'reside' in the country.
    Bandung is one of the more attractive areas on Java. But most of the jobs for ex-pats are in Jakarta. Would you be willing to live there?
    If you plan to go completely 'local', you will need to speak the language. You being a Flemish/Dutch speaker is definitely an advantage. But, as a foreigner, you will never be able to get a job which is aimed at locals since solely for hiring you the employer would have to spend much more efforts and money (foreign worker plan, work permit, ..). Also, the local salaries are much lower than what you're used to; it is pretty safe to say a €2.000 position in Belgium will pay between 6 and 10 million rupiah here for a similar job. Are you willing to deal with that?
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Hi Jstar,

Thank you for your reply. After consideration I have decided to reach for a bachelor's degree in managment / marketing first. It will be easier to find a job then, and no it's not for a girlfriend.

Regards,

LawrenceGD

Comment

Ok. Veel succes.
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X