Canadian looking for job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian looking for job

I am a 25 year old Canadian (English native speaker, can also speak French), currently residing in Malang. I have a bachelor degree (law, politics, industrial relations) and some teaching experience in Indonesia (including seminars and lectures). I would prefer a teaching job in East Java, but I am open to any opportunities. You can contact me at [email protected] for more information. Thank you for your time.

be my sugarbaby?

Comment

Calling PhilippeD

And philippecanada, good luck!

Comment

I hear it whaterver...

Hi PhilippeCanada here PhilippeD from Canada... Comment ca vas?

What bring you in Indo?
        Already married with an Indonesian??? :P

It's sound stupid question but it make the answer to your question quite different!

Law and relation industrie... Do you well the indonesian law?
        Check on www.ic.gc.ca. Search for "Indonesia" you will find plenty og business doing or whishing to do business in Indo...
        La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Bonjour PhilippeD, ca va bien et vous?

I first came to Indonesia for an internship at Ma Chung University (Malang), and decided I wanted to stay...and no I'm not married! I know a little bit about Indonesian labor laws, but not enough to work in this field...I could work in HR but my preference would be teaching (any levels, english, international relations,etc.) Thanks for your help!

Comment

Lol my cousin in Ma chung
            Aloft! Me hearties! Harharhar!

Comment

Anyways Bonjour Monsieur~
              Lol I dunno if all Canadian speak France, I thought it was only in Quebec.
              Aloft! Me hearties! Harharhar!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterRice View Post
                Anyways Bonjour Monsieur~
                Lol I dunno if all Canadian speak France, I thought it was only in Quebec.
                French is mostly talk only in Quebec, but it is also speak in New-Brunswick and surrounding city.

Comment

Originally posted by philippecanada View Post
                  Bonjour PhilippeD, ca va bien et vous?

I first came to Indonesia for an internship at Ma Chung University (Malang), and decided I wanted to stay...and no I'm not married! I know a little bit about Indonesian labor laws, but not enough to work in this field...I could work in HR but my preference would be teaching (any levels, english, international relations,etc.) Thanks for your help!
                  Hi Phil

Indonesia is a very closed and nationalistic country. Foreigner are not welcome.
                  They don't make it easy, even being married with a local don't allow you to work... it goes as far as in a mixed marriage (without prenup) the indonesian spouse lose his right to own a land.

The work field open to foreigner is divided in 2 different group: teacher and specialized worker.
                  TEACHER: I'm don't know a lot about this field and it would be better somoene else put light on this. Their is also plenty of tread on this forum about it. Recently the gov have made the rule more strict for teaching English; you must have some certificate for prove your qualification.
                  The backpacker "teacher" without real teaching background are no more accepted.

SPECIALIZED WORKER: This one subdivide in two more group - specialized worker like oil/gas & mining industry and management. They are quite strick about specialized worker, you really need to show your qualification & EXPERIENCE. For management they are very more slack, a certificate in project management (university) with only 1 year of official experience as manager backed with 10 year of experience in my field was enough for I can be illegible.

Human resource position are closed to foreign employment.

Comment

I want to add some info about teaching jobs. This summer it became more harder to get KITAS for expat teachers. I've heard of few refusals to experienced teachers. But you have an advantage - you're native English speaker. So at least you have to try teaching jobs, and it's not so easy as it seems.

As for specialized workers: try to join some professional communities in Jakarta, try to make a lot of connections. You can ask for this information in your Canadian community here.

Wish you good luck!

Comment

Hey Phil, it's hurt you refused being my sugarbaby :P

Anyway, when I was applying IELTS in one of english course in Yogyakarta yesterday, I randomly asked if there was any job opening. And the manager girl told me that they were looking for a native teacher at the moment. She told me the requirement were 1.nationality background from: australia, usa, uk, canada and new zealand. 2. have teaching english experience. THey will help you to get kitas too.

She gave me her contact person. If you wanted to please pm me and I will tell you her phone number and email. And you can ask her the detail or the salary too.

PS: this is not for phil only. so everyone can pm me for the cp.

Comment

I have no formal knowledge of this, but doesn't lots of (locally established) English course place would want a native speaker (with half price)?
                        Cmiiw.
                        Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

up

added more teaching experience....

Comment

Working...
                          X