Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening A Bar in Kemang (Need Networks/Distributors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening A Bar in Kemang (Need Networks/Distributors)

Hi-

Is there anyone networked to great:
    -liquor distributors?
    -consultants and lawyers experienced in bar/nightclub business?
    - or, knowledgeable about laws prohibits gay/lesbian bar in Indonesia?

I am putting together finances and information to open a gay bar in Kemang.
    Any type of suggestions is very much appreciated! Thanks!

Just don't say openly it's a men-only bar... The police can find excuse to close it even though if the law doesn't specify it (don't know about this part though). I mean you can invite the gay network you know to come in there, and from there, people will automatically know the bar is packed by gays at least mostly if not all.

Btw there's a more appropriate forum for these issues on http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-and-Documents

Wish ya good luck for the bar.
    Last edited by ricky_id; 26-04-11, 20:06. Reason: More info

Comment

you wanna open a bar but you don't know where to buy the drinks and you don't know how to set one up.

wanna buy the tower of london?

Comment

You can find few gay bars in Jakarta... so you can still open, but as Ricky said, dun mention it openly

Yeah, are u sure u wanna open a bar, cos it seems like you do not have any knowledge or resources to open a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by exiledgooner View Post
          you wanna open a bar but you don't know where to buy the drinks and you don't know how to set one up.

wanna buy the tower of london?
          He may very well know how to run a bar but simply needs a reliable source of information regarding the legal issues of opening a bar in Indonesia (licences, etc) and distributor references. What's wrong with that?

Sorry I won't be of much help because I've got no experience in this business let alone in Indonesia.

However, you may wanna contact murphysjakarta on the forum who owns an Irish Pub and Restaurant in Kemang.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Murphy's wants to help their competition...

Comment

"A fool and his/her money," is apparently not a gender specific phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                Yeah, I'm sure Murphy's wants to help their competition...
                Maybe he doesn't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. As far as I understand, this new bar would cater to a different market anyway.

Comment

Because gay people don't go to Irish pubs.

Comment

I disagree..my best friends are a gay couple living in WA.

They love Irish Pubs...in fact, any kind of Pubs....and one's surname is McNamara.

Comment

Because gay people don't go to Irish pubs. <sarcasm>
                      Just in case KW is misunderstood and there are some elements in the Forum who would want to jump all over him for his last post, he was using sarcasm.
                      Last edited by Pimpin; 27-04-11, 14:12.

Comment

I dont know about Irish Pubs....
                        Even some Gay/Lesbian spots down here are operating secretly......why would the OP wants to open publicly at Kemang ?......
                        I have contacts to Mansion's distributor, but the OP Will need to address his own security issue first regarding security matter....
                        " Lemme get this straight. Killing one person is a murder, but killing a hundred thousand is a foreign policy ?"

Comment

I agree with you. Gay people would certainly go to Irish pubs. I am just thinking that this is a different offering, no harm in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpin View Post
                            Just in case KW is misunderstood and there are some elements in the Forum who would want to jump all over him for his last post, he was using sarcasm.
                            I thought it was obvious...

Comment

You'd be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X