Freelance Content Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelance Content Writer

I would like to get in contact with a freelance content writer - IT related topics but in non technical wordings - preferably both English and Bahasa, and preferable based in Jakarta. There could be tasks to be done regularly

How much do you pay?

Comment

Actually I dont know, how this kind of content writing is being paid.. I guess some charge per time and some per word.. it seems like hard to find a super smart key - as it at the end of the day has to do with the quality

Comment

It's easiest on a lump sum. The client decides on the scope of work (guidelines of the content and quality, length limit, etc) and the contractor/writer decide how much they'll charge you based on your scope of work. If it's by word, the contractor/writer can just make a bunch of run on sentences. If it's per time, they'll charge time for "research". etc... Lumpsum is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
          It's easiest on a lump sum. The client decides on the scope of work (guidelines of the content and quality, length limit, etc) and the contractor/writer decide how much they'll charge you based on your scope of work. If it's by word, the contractor/writer can just make a bunch of run on sentences. If it's per time, they'll charge time for "research". etc... Lumpsum is the way to go.
          Quoted for truth!

Comment

agree.. that is why it is hard to say what the price is - when the tasks are not fully defined yet (we actually might have a lot to be written - and regularly)

Comment

Ah okay, well if you can at least give some rough guidelines, at least of what you think you want to be written, perhaps you'll get some feedback.

Comment

Yes - let candidates know if any smart person can handle the assignment, or they have to have a certain technical background. Will the raw information be provided, or will the writer have to independently research in order to write the material? Things like that will help people assess whether the assignments are something they want to negotiate a price on.

Comment

If the deadline isnt crazy, i can try. I joinned a translator company thing but their is too crazy for me ( might work with someone without a job or a life).Semi IT background with weekday job here
                  Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

I used to work in a publisher and I'm going to Jakarta (soon I hope). Try me! ^^

Comment

Just a word of advice from the managing editor of a publication - if you want to be hired as a freelance writer/researcher, create a portfolio of work you have done that you can share with potential clients. If you have never written professionally before, that's a drawback but doesn't mean you are out of the running; just put together some materials you wrote for other purposes (items from work are good - quarterly reports, request for tender, marketing materials, etc.).

And if you have been published previously, make sure the work samples you submit reflect your own writing. I often have to do heavy edits on the material I receive from writers who are technical experts in their field but don't write well. If any of them were to share a writing sample based on something they published in the journal I manage, they would not be accurately representing their writing product.

Comment

Well it would be kind of a very long explanation to post here, but basically we need to create text for a new, complete web site.. covering standard things like company profile, products, user cases etc. Product wise, we are speaking about how various types of customers can get benefit from using GIS and accurate maps and data in the business processes - as an important operational and strategic decision tool - whether it is for logistics, fleet management, or to find out the changes in the bank sector in regards to atm's and branches, or for land acquisition and property management, or how a rescue team can use GIS. So a matter of "translating" product features into something the reader can relate to - whether the reader is in charge of marketing, logistics, etc.. (so not only the IT top can understand).

We see it in the way that the work will be a combination of input from us, and links to various sources... Our principals have very well developed webpages - with a lot of inspirations..

We then wish to make various case stories from the real world.. from abroad or locally.. so I could be a case story about how Carrefour is GIS in France, or HBSC is suing GIS in Thailand, our what Blue Bird has achieved by implementing a GIS solution.. These kind of case stories we would like to make once or twice per month, and send out to potential and present customers. We also would like "articles" like this to be sent to the press, and to be posted on our webpage and social media.

More concrete examples can be given so please do not hesitate to pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kroshka2007 View Post
                          I would like to get in contact with a freelance content writer - IT related topics but in non technical wordings - preferably both English and Bahasa, and preferable based in Jakarta. There could be tasks to be done regularly
                          I'm in I was content writers for gudangpenulis.com now I'm looking for work like this. I prefer Bahasa since my English Gramatical is not good enough for writing.

Cheers,
                          Firman

Comment

Working...
                          X