Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Established English Course opening new Branch in North Jakarta

Job Title: ESL Teacher

Job Description: Candidate will teach students learning English in an after-school tutorial setting. Class size will range from 5-15 students.

Job Location: North Jakarta (near Pluit)

Responsibilities: Planning and teaching lessons.

Required Qualifications/Skills: Minimum college diploma from the US or Australia.

Salary Range: 7-10jt

Benefits: KITAs, yearly flight home, medical insurance after 6 months, housing, teacher training support every 6 months

When the job begins: Positions to be filled immediately

Documentation: All documentation will be provided

Please respond with CV to [email protected]
    Due to the immediate need, potential candidates will be contacted within 24 hours

Please include the working hours.

Do you accept part time jobs for expats who are working in Jakarta?

Thanks
    p e a c h is my favourite colour

Comment

Is this still open? I have the same question like the above by Peach.
      "The past cannot be changed,
      the future is still in your power."

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
        Please include the working hours.

Do you accept part time jobs for expats who are working in Jakarta?

Thanks
        Part-time jobs for expats are prohibited by Indonesian law. You can only work under a KITAS and a KITAS is only good for the company that sponsored you and the exact job description that you are registered under. Schools and courses that hire expats are Immigration's favorite place to go looking for some 'uang marokok', so any school would be ill-advised to hire a foreigner outside of the law.

Also: 7-10 juta is far below market-rate. The LOCAL teachers that I know get paid around 7-10 juta per month. That pay range is lower than EF/English First Schools. Any expat with the correct qualifications would be wise to look elsewhere.

Comment

Here we go again...

Originally posted by guebanget View Post
          Part-time jobs for expats are prohibited by Indonesian law.
          Could you refer to the specific law? This question has been asked many times, and besides that someone could (probably) not use two IMTA's simultaneously, as far as I know it is not determined how many hours a week a WNA should make in his/her job. Also, after school would normally mean evening hours.

You can only work under a KITAS and a KITAS is only good for the company that sponsored you and the exact job description that you are registered under.
          And what about people who work here but are sponsored by their spouse (KITAS or KITAP)? They exist you know. An IMTA is company specific.

Also: 7-10 juta is far below market-rate. The LOCAL teachers that I know get paid around 7-10 juta per month. That pay range is lower than EF/English First Schools. Any expat with the correct qualifications would be wise to look elsewhere.
          And I know teachers that are paid no more than 4 million IDR per month. I don't say it's a lot they offer but it's not correct to say it's the same as local teachers get. Also, there are some other advantages mentioned (housing, trip abroad, ...). So I couldn't (or is it shouldn't?) advise anybody NOT to look into this job if they wanted to...
          Last edited by jstar; 19-08-13, 14:12. Reason: Add info
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

The question of getting a KITAS when working part-time was addressed, sort of, in this thread: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-40-hours-week.

Comment

Working...
            X