Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any feedback about yolla app for calling abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback about yolla app for calling abroad?

Hi! I just recently moved to Indonesia and need to call abroad back to my home country (Mongolia) to my elderly parents. Before I moved, I tried to teach them using computers and smartphones, but failed to, since my parents' age and their inablity to learn new tecnology-related things, so whatsapp isn't an option unfortunately...

I tried using rebtel but it didn't work out for me. I tried several other apps and stopped at yolla at the moment. They gave me $1 test balance and I later recharged with $8. It seems fine so far. I have already asked this question on another forum about living in Indonesia but just want to make sure everything's fine. Has anyone used yolla app before? Is it okay in a long run? I plan on calling 7-8 times to landlines in Mongolia for at least several years, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Originally posted by SerikAli View Post
    ... Has anyone used yolla app before? Is it okay in a long run? ... any feedback would be appreciated.

I have the same problem to call my mother but I never used Yolla . From what I saw in the internet , it looks like a good quality app (ranked 4.3 in the Google app store) .

Since some 10 years I have been using many VOIP companies under the Betamax / Dellmont group . I was using them from the computer but recently I started using it from the "MobileVoip" app in my smartphone (quality good enough to call landlines in South America) . This app is ranked 4.0 in the Google app store , so a little less then the 4.3 for Yolla . But in my view it has 3 advantages over Yolla :

1- It is cheaper , if you use 12Voip for Mongolia . It now charges US$0.009 per minute (Yolla charges $0.0245 , I don't know if it is USD or Euros)

2- their family app (MobileVoip) has more than 5 million downloads for Android (Yolla's app has more than 1 million) , that in my view means less probable of going out of business

3- from my experience , rates change from time to time , this is why I used many "companies" from that group (I always look for the cheapest) . And being under the same group has the advantage of transferring your credit from 1 "company" to any other "company" of the Betamax/Delmont group (or only Betamax , or only Delmont , I am not sure - but I did transferred once or twice) . The group has around 50 "companies" (see link below) .

https://www.12voip.com/calling_rates

http://www.voip-comparison.com/betamax (calling rates comparison)
    Last edited by marcus; 20-02-20, 08:25.

Comment

Working...
    X