Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Teaching Method

Hey guys,

Is there any of you here teaching in IB schools? I am wondering what the methods / approaches are like, what you actually do in the class. IB encourages students to be active and independent leaners, I believe this is very different from normal Indonesian curriculum or common teaching style here. Any comments?

Thanks
    w
    Last edited by whatever; 18-10-15, 10:36.

I don't teach at an IB school, but my kids go to an IB school. You are right - IB promotes experiential learning and they keep it updated to technology. My kids have to do a lot of research on internet for projects they get assigned by teachers. Most of these projects are out of the syllabus and books and relate to matter of common interest of matter of interest to humanity at large, some promote creative thinking while the rest are tuned to science exposure.

As to what happens in a class and how much of IB methodology is followed by teachers depends 50% on the teacher, her attitude and flexibility. But, largely a well trained and ingrained IB teacher doesnt like to teach from a book and makes it more like an interaction/discussion/research/presentations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FoSeWine View Post
      But, largely a well trained and ingrained [] teacher doesn't like to teach from a book and makes it more like an interaction/discussion/research/presentations etc.
      There, fixed it for you .
      Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

Working...
      X