Flight Deal for Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Deal for Teachers

We got an AD from Delta Airlines at school today.

Teachers and Students (with the ITIC or ISIC card) can get a round-trip flight Jakarta to LA, San Fran or Seattle starting from $599.

I tried loading an image of the AD but cant seem to get it work.

Tickets must be issued before 31 March and travel must commence before 30 September. Stay Duration is up to 6 Months. Contact Delta @ 250-6525 or ISIC INDONESIA @ 8591-8051.

Delta flies to Jakarta? I did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
      Delta flies to Jakarta? I did not know that.
      Delta contracts with other airlines as do most American carriers.
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Oh, okay ... just the usual "Star Alliance" and related sort of stuff then.

Comment

Oh, okay ... just the usual "Star Alliance" and related sort of stuff then.
          Delta is in the Skyream alliance. Errr, Skyteam alliance.

I'd guess you fly to Japan first, on Korean or Garuda, and DL would fly the last leg to the U.S.
          Last edited by Jaime C; 23-01-15, 20:17.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
            Delta is in the Skyream alliance.
            LOL.

We fly United whenever possible, because USAID rules require us to fly US carriers on any routes we travel that are served by American carriers. Plus, now we have lots of frequent flier miles on them, so there is an added incentive to stick with them.

I don't like United. I do like this well-known youtube about their "service," however. It's an oldie but goodie - if you haven't seen "United Breaks Guitars" I recommend it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Comment

I think the route goes CGK-SIN on Garuda and then SIN-NRT on Delta then NRT to either LA, San Fran or Seattle.

Comment

LOL.

We fly United whenever possible, because USAID rules require us to fly US carriers on any routes we travel that are served by American carriers. Plus, now we have lots of frequent flier miles on them, so there is an added incentive to stick with them.
                United has devalued their miles quite a bit the last few years. You used to be able to redeem for SQ, Thai or similar for business class within much of Asia for only 35k miles. Not any more. I think 35k only gets you coach now.

I flew UA from NRT last week to LAX, and in most aspects, their front cabin was 2-3 levels below most Asian airlines. They did have good garlic bread, and the 787 was interesting to fly in. I cringe when I think that people pay $5k for this one way flight.

Comment

Yeah, just a few months ago United made a change to the FF system that really limits us - I think they now base points on the price-per-mile on each flight, which of course is far less on the long-haul flights we take. Oh well.

Comment

Yeah, just a few months ago United made a change to the FF system that really limits us - I think they now base points on the price-per-mile on each flight, which of course is far less on the long-haul flights we take. Oh well.
                    UA will start in March, and DL started in January. It's a great system if buying expensive tickets, and if you're a top elite member. If buying cheapish coach tickets you may only get 30-50% of the redeemable miles, compared to last year.

Even worse, airline partners sometimes get no miles, or a very reduced amount.

Do do you have to fly actual US airlines, Puspa, or does it just need a US Airline flight number?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post

Do do you have to fly actual US airlines, Puspa, or does it just need a US Airline flight number?
                      I'm not really sure - my long-suffering spouse serves as family travel agent - but basically, it boils down to this: if an American carrier flies the route we are traveling, we have to travel on that carrier.

Of course, that is only if we are seeking reimbursement (which we are if the travel is related to my husband's job, or if it is a benefit we get [ie, home leave once every two years]). If the travel is strictly personal and we are paying for it ourselves, USAID doesn't dictate what we can do.

My job is funded by the Australian government and involves no travel, so I don't know how the world works for people who do not work in USAID-funded jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X