National High Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National High Jakarta

Does anyone have any information about National High Jakarta (aside for the fact that it's part of PIAGET Academy)?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I thought I was familiar with most of the schools in Jakarta, but I have never heard of National High Jakarta. I see that your thread has had over 30 hits, and no one has provided any information on the place. What that means I am not sure, other than its a puzzler.

Comment

Yes, it's really hard to find information on them anywhere. It's a fairly new (2001) and small (~400 students), so that could be why. We hope that our positive interactions with them is an indicative of the school culture.

Comment

Hati hati (be careful). If you are corresponding with them, you might want to ask for contact references for current, as well as, departing teachers.

Comment

Absolutely--they've actually had to make some adjustments to the position they offered because teachers decided to stay. I think that's a good sign. But yes--we're desperate to learn more about the school from anyone on the ground.

Comment

Hello there. You can get more information by visiting this website http://nh.piagetacademy.org. It is the website of Nationalhigh Jakarta School. Hope this one helps.

Comment

The only problem with visiting their official website is that you are only going to get their own 'rose-tinted' glasses version of who they are. They are hardly likely to post: "We are a **** organisation but come and work with us anyway".

I don't personally know this school but would advise that you be just a little bit careful; merely because a school has the word 'piaget' somewhere in its title, or associate's title, does not mean it is an accredited Piaget school, following the same high standards. I personally know of a couple of really bad schools that use the word 'Piaget', without justification.

Please don't be put off by my comments. This may be a perfectly legitimate, and good, Piaget school. But as someone else already said: Be careful! Do a little more digging around first before you accept any offer they may make.... and I hope that someone who does know the school will come forward and help you out.

Comment

I'm tutoring a boy who is studying in National High and have a friend who taught there. Will that help?

Comment

I have friends whose kids go there; seems like a good school which follows a Singaporean curriculum. Are you looking at elementary, junior or senior high?
                  This space is available for rent.

Comment

Hi there, i am pretty new in this forum. If it could help it's located in South Jakarta, they recently joined with another school named JIPS. so their name become NHI-JIPS.

Comment

hi, are you applying for a job or putting your child there? my husband works there and our child will be going there, so I have both the view of a teacher and a mom...but send me a PM, I'm better to speak to that way

Comment

Hi, I know this post is old, but I am interested in this school also. Is there any new knowledge of this school since the original post?

Comment

Working...
                        X