No announcement yet.

Debunking the Palestine Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the numbers of dead around(1030 Israelis) and the world would be demanding an end. As it's Palestinians who are dying nobody really seems to give a crap. The people of Gaza are being collectively punished for the policies of Hamas which is unacceptable.

I read recently that the US had authorized 46 million dollars in direct aid to Gaza. It sounds like a sick joke.
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
      Shouldn't that read, killing more than a thousand civilians, including hundreds of children that were pre warned that an attack was coming but for some reason decided that their bodies could stop the attacks?
      This would be laugh-worthy if it wasn't so twisted, so wrong, so painfully horrible and f'd up and sad... you give me a warning, that you are about to kill me, and then you kill me if I can't move fast enough or far enough away from my own house or wherever I am currently trying to take shelter (a school, a relative's house, a stranger's house, a hospital)? And that makes it okay, because you warned me you were gonna kill me? Trust me, joker, they are running as fast as they can, those who still have legs that can run. Turn on the tv, you can see them. There is NO PLACE TO RUN TO. GET IT? Yes, they do have an option for "safe haven": they can swim into the sea and drown. They MIGHT get lucky enough to choose the way they die.

Would you personally just go sit in a corner quietly while others threw stones at your house? Would you personally try to stop them with whatever way you had at your disposal? When you felt there was enough done to stop this and you personally stopped defending your home only to have those others continue with their attack on your home with their stones, not restart your defense of it?
      The "Israel is only defending herself" crapola has so lost any shred of validity in the context of the current onslaught of carnage against the people of Gaza, it just isn't even funny anymore FP. Israel's apologists will cling to that straw to the end, while the Palestinians cling to the bodies of their dead children. Israel is the one who is being threatened here and needs to fight back? If someone throws toilet paper and eggs at my house, I take them out with a machine gun? And the courts won't lay a finger on me, because I "was only defending myself, your honor"? "Standing my ground"? THe ground that was theirs, and the house that was theirs, until I TOOK IT FROM THEM BY FORCE? Can you even hear yourself? It's a joke, but nobody's laughing anymore.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
        try taking a look at the maps that area of before & after...

Palestine Map.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
          [ATTACH]18488[/ATTACH]

Very good reference !

I did know about that , but not in a clear map like in your reference above .

And after all that (showed in the reference) , the Palestinians are kept isolated , humiliated , oppressed , ... , by Israel .

I suppose many people around the world (including inside Israel) just see the case as an isolated event (that by itself already shows how bad Israel is behaving , in my opinion) , not knowing the whole history .

Note : I am not religious and I am from South America , where we don't have any problem (as far as I know) with different religions .
          Last edited by marcus; 28-07-14, 13:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus View Post
            Very good reference !

I did know about that , but not in a clear picture like in your reference above .
            It's like the Incredible Shrinking Man, isn't it?

And we have to add that , after all that , the Palestinians are kept isolated , humiliated , oppressed , ... , by Israel .

I suppose many people around the world (including inside Israel) just see the case as an isolated event , not knowing the whole story .
            The story of Israel and the Palestinians is extremely analogous to the history of the Native Americans and the United States government and its citizen settlers, in my opinion. Maybe that's why the US and Israel always stick togeher like spit and glue. At least the US government stopped killing the NA's outright (en masse) after they had taken all the desired lands away from them and put them on the reservations. They did continue to systematically attempt to eradicate their cultures, heritage languages and traditions, though, just as Israel has done to the Palestinians until today. That's the strategy of genocide: if you can get away with it, total physical extinction; if you can't, as much physical extinction as possible combined with the most thorough possible cultural eradication and "erasure"... the Nazis were trying to do both at the same time.

Note : I am not religious and I am from South America , where we don't have any problem (as far as I know) with different religions .
            I think it is inaccurate to see the Palestinian - Israeli conflict as being primarily (or even secondarily, maybe) about religion. Yes, I don't think there is too much religious conflict about religion in South America, since there is no "Shi'a and Sunni" division within Catholicism... not so in religiiously divided Christian countries like Ireland, for example.
            Last edited by Mister Bule; 28-07-14, 13:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern View Post
              Change the numbers of dead around(1030 Israelis) and the world would be demanding an end. As it's Palestinians who are dying nobody really seems to give a crap. The people of Gaza are being collectively punished for the policies of Hamas which is unacceptable.

I read recently that the US had authorized 46 million dollars in direct aid to Gaza. It sounds like a sick joke.
              It is a sick joke. US to Israel: billions of dollars ... ANNUALLY. Direct military assistance.

And we wonder why Israel has a state of the art "Iron Dome" that shoot rocks out of the sky, effectively protecting it from almost every rock, and Palestine has ... rocks?

Israeli Civilians killed in current hostilities: 3.

Palestinian Civilians killed: 1000+.

Palestinians injured / maimed / widowed/ left motherless/ fatherless/ childless: thousands more.

And yet, Israel is so "threatened", she has NO CHOICE but to do this? Absolute bollocks. It's like Godzilla feeling threatened by an iguana.

Comment

• "Humanitarian pause", anyone?

Comment

• [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times]
                  [FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][COLOR=#808000]Al-Jazeerah: Cross-Cultural Understanding[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
                  [FONT=Arial]Editorial Note: The following news reports are summaries from original sources. They may also include corrections of Arabic names and political terminology. Comments are in parentheses.[/FONT]
                  [COLOR=#FF0000]Hamas Was Not Responsible At All for Abduction and Murder of 3 Israeli Teens, Which Was Used as Excuse to the Israeli Criminal War on Gaza[/COLOR]

New Reports Show That Murder of 3 Israeli Teenage Settlers Was Not Carried Out by Hamas
                  Saturday July 26, 2014 22:46 by Celine Hagbard - IMEMC News
                  The alleged kidnapping and murder of three Israeli settlers, in late June, was the oft-cited reason for Israel’s escalation against the Hamas government in the Israeli-occupied Gaza Strip. But [COLOR=#FF0000]new evidence indicates that Hamas was not responsible at all [/COLOR]for the murders, according to reporters who spoke with Israeli police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                    (a) ... I think it is inaccurate to see the Palestinian - Israeli conflict as being primarily (or even secondarily, maybe) about religion.

(b) Yes, I don't think there is too much religious conflict about religion in South America, since there is no "Shi'a and Sunni" division within Catholicism... not so in religiiously divided Christian countries like Ireland, for example.

(a) To clarify : I said I am not religious just to show that my position in favor of the Palestinians is not due to my religion preference .

I think that the reactions from the Palestinians would occur independently of the religion , and the actions of Jews/Israel (since before the Israel creation) were/are influenced by religion .

(b) In my country there are many different Christian Churches (#) , besides the other religions , but I never heard of any conflict between them .

(#) Different Christian Churches means : I suppose they all use the Christian Bible , but with different points of view (that I cannot specify) and with different ways to communicate with people (at least one is even viewed as "business" , by some critics) .
                    Last edited by marcus; 29-07-14, 12:23.

Comment

• The killing of the teens is on the outskirts of this conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_Israel,_2014

These are not rocks.

Now, Many people are being selective as to facts.

Those maps are factually wrong.

From 1959-1967 Gaza was occupied by Egypt.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupat...Strip_by_Egypt

From 1948 - 1967 The West Bank was occupied by Jordan.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupat...alem_by_Jordan

Also, the maps don't take into account that Israel took the Golan Heights from Syria in 1967.

Also what is left out is that Israel had the Sinai and parts of Egypt, but they were willing to give up land for peace.

The reason Gaza has no food, money, and electricity is because they are under economic sanctions imposed since it elected Hamas. Gaza is has two countries on its borders, Israel and Egypt. They are performing a joint blockade. Many Arab countries have cut ties and stopped supporting Gaza since the election of Hamas. It is as stupid of a decision I could ever see a people make.

I took a course on Israel in college. Half the course was taught by a [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Palestinian[/FONT][/COLOR] and half by an Israeli. It was very informative. They put different emphasis on certain facts, but many facts were not in dispute. It was great to cut through all the propaganda BS on both sides. One of the disappointing facts to the [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Palestinian [/FONT][/COLOR]was that the [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Palestinian[/FONT][/COLOR]s have been heavily victimized by all the other arab countries in the area and many people turn a blind eye to that fact and focus their efforts only against Israel.
                      Last edited by jukung11; 29-07-14, 01:46. Reason: typo

Comment

• Yes, I absolutely agree that Palestine has been / is being betrayed by many of the Arab states.

Benny's working the crowd hard now, reassuring the nervous grannies... means folks on the far left are agitated as hell and the mumbling and grumbling of those closer to the center are growing (not to mention the "outside world"... a few more dead soldiers... and imagine that, not every single Israeli is completely comfortable with 1000 dead civilians in Gaza.

Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus View Post
                          (a) To clarify : I said I am not religious just to show that my position in favor of the Palestinians is not due to my religion preference .

I think that the reactions from the Palestinians would occur independently of the religion , and the actions of Jews/Israel (since before the Israel creation) were/are influenced by religion .

(b) In my country there are many different Christian Churches , besides the other religions , but I never heard of any conflict between them .
                          Thank you for the clarification, Marcus. I think you are correct about (a) and you know better than I, for sure about (b).

I don't support the Palestinians simply because I am Muslim, I have been more sympathetic to their side since I was in my 20s... but I can say I do support them more strongly and deeply (and feel more angry and hurt for them) since I have become Muslim...

Comment

• Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                            If someone threw stones at my house I doubt I would go out and bomb their kids fastpitch...
                            So, what would YOU do? Maybe you’ll say…talk to the kids, something like “hey, don’t throw stones to my house, please”. But the kids continue with their stone throwing, they want YOU to move out of the neighborhood. What would YOU do?

The kids should have known that if they throw stones, huge boulders will be thrown back at them. So stop throwing stones, your neighbor is not going to move away anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sul1995
                              So, what would YOU do? Maybe you’ll say…talk to the kids, something like “hey, don’t throw stones to my house, please”. But the kids continue with their stone throwing, they want YOU to move out of the neighborhood. What would YOU do?

The kids should have known that if they throw stones, huge boulders will be thrown back at them. So stop throwing stones, your neighbor is not going to move away anyway.
                              Yes, I'm sure that was your advice for the Timorese, too.

"If these n------ would just be Good n------ and keep their mouths shut and their hands in the air, we wouldn't have no problems. We wouldn't give them no problems neither. We'd leave 'em alone and let 'em scratch for a living in the dirt... on our terms, of course. The one that's got the gun makes the rules (shrug)."

Comment

• You are both stretching your analogies to too far. There are lots to pieces to this puzzle,simple analogies ain't going to help

Comment

Working...
                                X