No announcement yet.

Debunking the Palestine Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Dan for confirming what I already believed to be the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern View Post
      That the relatively small world Jewish population (14 million approx) has more power than more than a billion Muslims should be a cause for Muslim navel gazing rather that whining.
      They have certainly shown that they have the power to "defend" their own children by killing those of other people. All those Nobel Prizes, and this will be just as much a part of the historical legacy of the Jewish peoples. Rather sad, I think.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• For further reading perhaps

from

Hugh White is an Age columnist and professor of strategic studies at the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, ANU.
        [COLOR=#000000]
        Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/gaza-s...#ixzz39V5EJg9v

The article starts with ...

One way to think about any military action is to ask what is it trying to achieve, and what are the chances of success? This connection between violence and purpose is central to the whole idea of war, because ultimately this is what separates war – which we might define as violence with a political purpose – from senseless violence. And war is sometimes legitimate, whereas senseless violence never is.

This is a useful test to apply to the current war in Gaza.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern View Post
          That the relatively small world Jewish population (14 million approx) has more power than more than a billion Muslims should be a cause for Muslim navel gazing rather that whining.
          That's stretching it. I said that they're influential in American media, not that they're more powerful than the entire Muslim Ummah. The amount of wealth held by world Jewry is a lot, but it's not THAT much. What I am stating is simply that it would be silly to say that Jews aren't influential in American media. That would fly in the face of what is blatantly obvious.

Note that people who remark on this are regularly tarred as anti-Semites. I mentioned the bit about the NBA (clearly a sign of black power?) because it's precisely what Spike Lee said and he got tarred as an anti-Semite.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
            That's stretching it. I said that they're influential in American media, not that .......
            Perhaps L meant by the word "power': "more impact on the world". For better or worse.

Can you think of another ethno-religious group who have had a similar degree of impact in recent times?

Comment

What I am stating is simply that it would be silly to say that Jews aren't influential in American media. That would fly in the face of what is blatantly obvious.
              And Muslims are influential in Middle East, Malaysia, and Indonesian Media. Probably a lot more influential then the Jews in America. In America their audiences weren't taught to follow without question and buy into everything the media says.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                And Muslims are influential in Middle East, Malaysia, and Indonesian Media. Probably a lot more influential then the Jews in America. In America their audiences weren't taught to follow without question and buy into everything the media says.
                wtf does that have to do with anything? We were speaking about Jewish influence in AMERICAN media, you know, where CNN is hq'd. Clearly everything I said pertained to the United States and maybe Canada, and of course Israel. That's about it.

Comment

Note that people who remark on this are regularly tarred as anti-Semites. I mentioned the bit about the NBA (clearly a sign of black power?) because it's precisely what Spike Lee said and he got tarred as an anti-Semite.
                  Yes, it is generally considered anti-semitic because the fact that someone is jewish is highlighted as an [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]influencing[/FONT][/COLOR] factor as to what is presented is a prejudice that assumes that you are getting a biased view controlled by that persons religion. Almost everyone else, including most other executives (not just a few movie executives) are christian. No one highlights or accuses them that the fact that they are christian somehow has them influence or control the media.

The fact that scoot assumed that if jews were employed at high levels of a media company they were going to use their position to influence the coverage of Israel (a jewish and muslim country) is the definition of a prejudiced assumption. Or it was a similar assumption, that if a media company doesn't project the images or reports in the way that scoot thinks they should be, it must be because a jew is controlling it. That is the definition of prejudiced assumptions. If a person can't see that is a prejudiced assumption and holds those prejudices, it is generally a pointless to argue about it and a waste of my time.

Why not assume the media coverage is more influenced because 95% of all executives and all positions of power are white men (christian and jewish)? Why not assume that there must be a white guy influencing the media to give biased coverage against arabs. I guess highlighting the fact that if they are white and/or christian and assuming they are biased by that fact is not as popular with some bule.

I see can see what my girlfriend had to go through being Chinese Indonesian. Same prejudices, different name.
                  Last edited by jukung11; 05-08-14, 23:09.

Comment

Jews are so ubiquitous that I would wager there are more Jews presented as characters on TV programs ( despite being a mere 2% of our population) than blacks and Hispanics COMBINED, not to mention the fact that the actors themselves are far, far more likely to be Jewish than any other group. Honestly, this is a truly tiresome thing to discuss because it's so ridiculously blatant that no one can deny it with a straight face. It would be like saying that the NBA isn't majority black, it would defy reality.
                    And Americans are so inured to their presence that they barely notice. I'm sure that millions of Gentile Americans watched 'Seinfeld" for years without even thinking about the characters being Jewish unless there were specific and unmistakable references to Judaism in the script. Even then some of them would probably have been clueless. Not that it really matters if Americans are laughing at the foibles of Jews or African Americans or any other group. I can't help thinking of the scene in the movie "Airplane" when an attendant offers a passenger an exceedingly slim volume called "Famous Jewish Sports Heroes", among a choice of other reading materials.

I did not comment about this part of Jukung's post because, (a) it is, as you've said, so obvious (b) it is outside the more limited scope of my personal focus on this topic, and (c) as you also mentioned, one tends to be jumped on as anti-Semitic just for mentioning it, but yes, it is an incontrovertible fact that Jews do run the entertainment industry in America and have since the early days of Hollywood.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
                      Yes, it is generally considered anti-semitic because the fact that someone is jewish is highlighted as an [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]influencing[/FONT][/COLOR] factor as to what is presented is a prejudice that assumes that you are getting a biased view controlled by that persons religion. Almost everyone else, including most other executives (not just a few movie executives) are christian. No one highlights or accuses them that the fact that they are christian somehow has them influence or control the media.

The fact that scoot assumed that if jews were employed at high levels of a media company they were going to use their position to influence the coverage of Israel (a jewish and muslim country) is the definition of a prejudiced assumption. Or it was a similar assumption, that if a media company doesn't project the images or reports in the way that scoot thinks they should be, it must be because a jew is controlling it. That is the definition of prejudiced assumptions. If a person can't see that is a prejudiced assumption and holds those prejudices, it is generally a pointless to argue about it and a waste of my time.
                      Israel defines itself as "the Jewish state," not the "Jewish and Muslim and Christian state." This is evidenced by the fact that halakha is occasionally used as Israel's law, giving Israel some theocratic elements that Israelis themselves rarely like to admit to foreigners. For many this is an embarrassment, as most Israelis probably do legitimately feel like Israel is (or really, should be) a secular state.

To ignore the reality that our ideologies expose our loyalties is just... ridiculous. It would be like saying that having a staunch conservative as the head of a newspaper does not influence the direction of that newspaper. People regularly assume that someone's politics influence their reporting, and this bias is widely noted. It's a surprise to no one. Similarly, it should be a surprise to no one that Jews, particularly those with leanings towards Jewish nationalism (known more commonly as "Zionism") have a decidedly pro-Israel outlook. Clearly, not all Jews are Zionists. The two are not mutually inclusive. However, to ignore the reality that the vast majority of Jews are, in fact, Zionists is just to court ignorance. Jews are usually wildly supportive of their colonial project, the realization of either a Biblical narrative or some garbage ahistorical narrative about the region.

To dismiss Scooter because he pointed out the obvious, to tar him as an anti-Semite is hugely convenient for Jews and their boosters. Too bad it's getting really, really old. I mean, honestly, does the term even have meaning any more? It's a case of the boy who cried wolf, nobody cares any more. You can call us anti-Semites til the cows come home, doesn't change the fact that Jewish influence in media, finance and politics is very real. Is it control? No, only an actual anti-Semite suggests as such. But to say that they influence it? That's a surprise to no one above the age of 5.

Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
                      Why not assume the media coverage is more influenced because 95% of all executives and all positions of power are white men (christian and jewish)? Why not assume that there must be a white guy influencing the media to give biased coverage against arabs. I guess highlighting the fact that if they are white and/or christian and assuming they are biased by that fact is not as popular with some bule.

I see can see what my girlfriend had to go through being Chinese Indonesian. Same prejudices, different name.
                      Do "white people" (as an aside, in the U.S. Arabs are considered "white" in our Census data) have antagonism with Arabs? We can certainly point to Christians, Muslims and Jews having antagonism, with Jews and Muslims being the most antagonistic to one another. Is that a "white" thing, like at all? No, it's decidedly a consequence of Israel's creation and religion. Has nothing to do with 'white people,' so summoning up white people as a factor is just absurd. Do Christians or Muslims give biased reporting? Absolutely. No question. I made that very clear in my earlier posts. However, all of that is mere tu quoque, an attempt to distract people from the reality that what we are speaking of, American media, is chiefly the province of Jews and pretty much no one else. "White people" don't have a vested interest in making Arabs look bad. Christians may, depending on how Zionist they are, but that all goes back to the original point which was that... Jews are undeniably influential in America media.

And we're back to the Chinese thing. Boy, what delicious parallels we can draw from that. Oh, poor Chinese Indonesians, they're only the MOST SUCCESSFUL ETHNIC GROUP IN ALL OF INDONESIA. Those poor dears. They both have to put up with so very much. Look at me, I'm practically beside myself in tears for these poor, oppressed populations. Bitch please. I similarly pointed out the influence of that population, similarly got called a "racist" and similarly pointed out the obvious. Nobody says that it's racist to point out that black athletes dominate the NBA, it's merely a fact. Point out that most of the owners of NBA teams are Jewish? Holy shit! Anti-Semite! Burn the witch! Do you see the difference? Can you understand how it's getting old for us gentiles? A group cannot both be the most successful group and the most oppressed group at the same time, but boy do we ever have to hear about it in those terms. I can fathom that a group can be victims of their own success, but to deny the obvious just drives a wild hair up my ass.

Comment

• To further expand on this delightful yet obvious topic, most terrorists in the world today are Muslims. There, I said it. I've been saying it for years. We have an abundance of terrorists among our number, along with sympathizers. We have, as I have noted time and time again, a problem among the Muslims concerning religiously inspired violence. Am I an "Islamophobe?" No, I am pointing out something factual as a means to confront it and, hopefully, to fully address the problem.

Ditto for this crap. Honestly, if people can't talk about what is PLAIN AS DAY I don't know where this world is headed. We can play ostrich all day long, or we can address these problems frankly in order to find a more equitable solution to our problems. All of this apologia and denial and tu quoque is just lame.

Edit: also note that Muslims often vehemently deny that Muslims can be terrorists. "Al-Qaeda is a CIA plot." I recently encountered Indonesians on social media who were spreading "evidence" that ISIS is, get this, a joint Iranian, American and Zionist plot to discredit Sunni Muslims. I shit you not, that is how strong the level of denial can be. Jukung's level of denial is not that bad, but it's bad enough.
                        Last edited by DanInAceh; 06-08-14, 04:32.

Comment

wtf does that have to do with anything? We were speaking about Jewish influence in AMERICAN media, you know, where CNN is hq'd. Clearly everything I said pertained to the United States and maybe Canada, and of course Israel. That's about it.
                          The thing is. There is always someone influencing the media. Some even more then others. Some even have state directed influences. I believe CNN is a poor example. They haven't had a very good rating with all the flubs they have put out there in the past few years. Viewership is down considerably. Hey, maybe it's down because of the Jewish influence. Probably not though. I think Dan, that if there is a Jew in any high position you will figure everything is biased towards their thinking. Remove all the Jews and you will more then likely have more Christian people in power. Then you would say the same thing but replace The word Jew with Christian. A CEO can certainly define the path they want to take a business but for a news media, you would need to reach into the ranks of editors and executive editors. They define how the reporting is done. Of course, they MUST all be Jews.

Comment

To further expand on this delightful yet obvious topic, most terrorists in the world today are Muslims.

Edit: also note that Muslims often vehemently deny that Muslims can be terrorists. "Al-Qaeda is a CIA plot." I recently encountered Indonesians on social media who were spreading "evidence" that ISIS is, get this, a joint Iranian, American and Zionist plot to discredit Sunni Muslims. I shit you not, that is how strong the level of denial can be. Jukung's level of denial is not that bad, but it's bad enough.
                            Yes ISIS. Coming to an Ache soon. Ache better get independence soon. All the Indonesians who hopefully have their citizenship taken away will need a place to go. Your social media observations are a good example of the mindlessness that is present in those that have never been able to sit down and think for themselves.

Comment

• For those who just don't understand why civilians get killed. Ask Hamas.
                              http://www.businessinsider.co.id/ham.../#.U-GA_9oaySM

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                                For those who just don't understand why civilians get killed. Ask Hamas. http://www.businessinsider.co.id/ham.../#.U-GA_9oaySM
                                More in-depth reading, article by Michael Walzer, professor emeritus of social science at the Institute for Advanced Study http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ical-war-hamas

Comment

Working...
                                X