Debunking the Palestine Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
    Correct, no justification whatsoever, moral or otherwise. But I'd rather think of "Israeli leadership" rather than Israel/Israeli. I guess I still believe in that humans are good in general, and that individually, without the media/leadership stoking the fire, both Israeli people and Palestinians would rather live in peace and in harmony.

You can read through my posts and note the numerous times I have referred to "the state of Israel", "government of Israel", "Israeli military / armed forces", etc. Any time I have used the terms "Israel" or "Israeli" in reference to perpetration of these acts on the people of Gaza, I have meant to refer to the government / political leadership of Israel and the leadership of her armed forces which are carrying out the attacks.

Polls show the Jewish population of Israel as overwhelmingly supporting the invasion and not wanting a ceasefire, I find this despicable but the political leadership has obviously done a "good job" of selling this to the people. It's not unusual. Look at the initial levels of popular - as well as political - domestic support for the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. All but a very few of the most conscientious political leaders were too cowed, too afraid, too convinced or too indoctrinated to raise any serious objections.
    Last edited by Mister Bule; 03-08-14, 12:02.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by johntap View Post
      And who is funding Israel. You might be on to something here. Cut the funds.
      There are many people boycotting Israel, US products and other with reasoning that by doing this they are not funding Israelis...

Comment

• Mr. B: Thank you for being in the minority who understands that the real issue is with a handful of people rather than the whole population. Personally I wouldn't be able to begin to point at who's responsible for what and when. ANd what they could/should have done instead. But your division of labor as it were seem reasonable. While in the end, individual actions are what matters, for me it is the people who deliberately sold the position of violence who are the "bad people. Not very nice people.

Comment

• Originally posted by johntap View Post
          I am also troubled by this sentence. Is this a war or not? )

Let me answer your question by asking you one: If you were a Palestinian in Gaza right now, what do you think you would call it? I happen to know that they are calling it a massacre, and massacres usually take place in a context of "war"... don't they?

Comment

• Another school being operated as a UNHRW shelter hit, at least ten dead out of more than 3000 civilians sheltering there ...

“I and the public know / What all schoolchildren learn / Those to whom evil is done / Do evil in return."

W.H.Auden

Comment

• I am due back to work in Libya soon and have been monitoring the situation there on the various news channels that I have at home (CNN, BBC World, Aljazeera, Fox news, Bloomberg, CNBC, etc.) and was horrified to see that there are now 1780 people dead in Gaza. I watched a news report about ambulances being targeted by the Israelis and hospitals unable to operate due to them being targeted. On another report a mother who has lost two of her children and her husband told how she and the surviving child have just had their legs amputated and are also covered in 3rd degree burns after an Israeli missile destroyed their home, it was so sad to see her and the kid lying in the same filthy bed covered in filthy bandages. After switching channels to CNN they were running a report on a poor Israeli soldier who was laying in a spotless hospital bed telling the world how brave he was for having a shrapnel wound in his hand. He was being fussed over by numerous nurses and his mother was by his bedside crying how vicious the Palestinians were for "almost killing" her son.

Can someone please tell me how many Jews are on the board of directors at CNN ?? I am just confused how they could deem this bullshit as news worthy given the events happening over in Gaza, what are they trying to do garner sympathy for Israel ?? I have however noticed that the recent news that the US senate has just approved $225 million dollars for Israel's defense has been totally ignored by most of the big news stations.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08...ey-for-israel/

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                I am due back to work in Libya soon and have been monitoring the situation there on the various news channels that I have at home (CNN, BBC World, Aljazeera, Fox news, Bloomberg, CNBC, etc.) and was horrified to see that there are now 1780 people dead in Gaza. I watched a news report about ambulances being targeted by the Israelis and hospitals unable to operate due to them being targeted. On another report a mother who has lost two of her children and her husband told how she and the surviving child have just had their legs amputated and are also covered in 3rd degree burns after an Israeli missile destroyed their home, it was so sad to see her and the kid lying in the same filthy bed covered in filthy bandages. After switching channels to CNN they were running a report on a poor Israeli soldier who was laying in a spotless hospital bed telling the world how brave he was for having a shrapnel wound in his hand. He was being fussed over by numerous nurses and his mother was by his bedside crying how vicious the Palestinians were for "almost killing" her son.

Can someone please tell me how many Jews are on the board of directors at CNN ?? I am just confused how they could deem this bullshit as news worthy given the events happening over in Gaza, what are they trying to do garner sympathy for Israel ?? I have however noticed that the recent news that the US senate has just approved $225 million dollars for Israel's defense has been totally ignored by most of the big news stations.

Yes this is the world we have all been living in for many years. Time for a change.

Comment

• Here's a "meme" for Tihzho:

10526002_10152244850884632_3724155710391663570_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post

Polls show the Jewish population of Israel as overwhelmingly supporting the invasion and not wanting a ceasefire, I find this despicable but the political leadership has obviously done a "good job" of selling this to the people. It's not unusual. Look at the initial levels of popular - as well as political - domestic support for the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. All but a very few of the most conscientious political leaders were too cowed, too afraid, too convinced or too indoctrinated to raise any serious objections.

In the US there was mass demonstrations against the war in Iraq - no blood for oil, then there was also pro-war activists sold on 9-11 protesting the protesters, it almost got very bad with some serious violence started on both sides. I'm sure now those who were pro-war are pretty aware with the state of our economy and people paying $4 a gallon for gas, it did nothing but line the politicians and corporate interests pockets.

Comment

• 1,828 killed and counting

USDOS continues talking from both sides of the mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post

Why is this a Jewish thing? Are you saying there is some type of Jewish conspiracy to control the media? I assume there are no jews on the board of CNN. I assume CNN doesn't have a board of directors considering it is owned by TimeWarner. Fox and many other media outlets, that are not usually accused of being part of the Jewish conspiracy (unless you think they all are), have had similar coverage.

All media is selective and caters to a different point of view. The consumer is the purchaser and if the media company doesn't sell what people want to hear, the company goes out of business. Unless of course the media is government owned and funded such as Russia Today and Al-Jezeera.

Although the majority of the current conflict stems from the 2006 election of Hamas and the joint economic sanctions for that, the U.S. and western support has a lot of history that comes into play.

The idea that Israel some how controls the U.S. is the tail wagging the dog. A lot of this is simply a carryover of the cold war. Although many of the middle east countries allied with Germany in WW1 and WW2, they also allied with the Soviet Union during the cold war. Most of these wars have been proxy battles of the cold war. Soviet weapons and allies vs. NATO weapons and allies. That was in part of what lead to the creation of Israel. It was a way to install a pro-western ally in an area of the world were the west had no friends. Although many people say the cold war is over, I would say they haven't been following NATO vs. Russian on Ukraine. 70 year of alliances and support don't disapear overnight. Just ask Japan vs. China in the Mariana Islands.
                        Last edited by jukung11; 04-08-14, 22:16. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by jukung11 View Post

All media is selective and caters to a different point of view. The consumer is the purchaser and if the media company doesn't sell what people want to hear, the company goes out of business. Unless of course the media is government owned and funded such as Russia Today and Al-Jezeera.
                          Al Jazeera's** coverage of this ongoing news event has been pretty well-balanced (considering the nature of the events). They have certainly asked "hard questions" of Hamas representatives and spokespersons, and have reported on assertions of Hamas storing rockets and other munitions in or near schools and hospitals, etc. Nevertheless, they are covering (as are all news outlets with reporters on the scene) the numerous and varied massacres of innocent civilians, including in UN designated shelters, and that "is what it is" unless one is dumb enough to buy the party line coming from the Israeli government's "spin zone" and "spin the bottle" routine (Israeli "military intelligence" spins the bottle ... if it points at your location, they light you up with strikes; if it turns out you were "the bad guys", they pat themselves on the back, if it turns out it was "just some other guys" (men, women, children), hey, "sometimes the magic eightball is wrong, what can we do?"

** I am speaking about Al Jazeera English, not the Arabic language channel; AJE is widely reputed to be much more "balanced" in its reporting than its Arabic counterpart.

Although the majority of the current conflict stems from the 2006 election of Hamas and the joint economic sanctions for that, the U.S. and western support has a lot of history that comes into play.

The idea that Israel some how controls the U.S. is the tail wagging the dog. A lot of this is simply a carryover of the cold war. Although many of the middle east countries allied with Germany in WW1 and WW2, they also allied with the Soviet Union during the cold war. Most of these wars have been proxy battles of the cold war. Soviet weapons and allies vs. NATO weapons and allies. That was in part of what lead to the creation of Israel. It was a way to install a pro-western ally in an area of the world were the west had no friends. Although many people say the cold war is over, I would say they haven't been following NATO vs. Russian on Ukraine. 70 year of alliances and support don't disapear overnight. Just ask Japan vs. China in the Mariana Islands.
                          Gee, that's a nice story. A reason for everything, and everything for a reason. Historically speaking, of course. I agree with the part about the "cold war". Some of that stuff they're doing seems pretty "cold-blooded" to me (yes, Hamas too). Though I imagine that shrapnel must feel pretty damn hot when it tears through a person's body, but thankfully I can't say one way or another, from personal experience.

If we are not able - or at least willing to try - to imagine ourselves walking in the shoes of these people (those who still have shoes, or feet to put in them), we are really just making "abstract word collages" about abstract concepts of "people". That is not working for me.

1,848 killed in Gaza (429 of them children) and counting.
                          Last edited by Mister Bule; 05-08-14, 01:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
                            Why is this a Jewish thing? Are you saying there is some type of Jewish conspiracy to control the media? I assume there are no jews on the board of CNN. I assume CNN doesn't have a board of directors considering it is owned by TimeWarner. Fox and many other media outlets, that are not usually accused of being part of the Jewish conspiracy (unless you think they all are), have had similar coverage.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/jeff...cnn-worldwide/

"It’s done: Jeff Zucker has been named president of CNN Worldwide."

Wow. Look. A Jew is head of CNN. Like almost every other network. Surprise! Is it a conspiracy? Eh. I dunno about a conspiracy. "Ethnic" (or really, religious) nepotism is a possibility. You can go down the list of every single U.S. network and BEHOLD! Jews! Everywhere!

And do you honestly believe that this does not influence U.S. media and U.S. perceptions? Is it not a surprise that the U.S. is pretty much the only booster for Israel in the entire frickin' world?

Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
                            The current conflict stems from the Jewish colonization of the region in the 20th century. Everything else is just window dressing.

Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
                            http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...553575,00.html

So much for that theory. You would have to be a total dumbass to believe that Jews and their colonial project, Israel, don't have massive influence on U.S. politics. Is it total control? Nah, it's far too chaotic for that. But to deny that our supposed client state actually tells us what to do on many occasions is to pretty much deny reality. We rarely rebuff Israel, even when they shit all over our diplomats, ignore our peace plans and of course SPY ON US LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. Honestly, with allies like Israel who needs enemies? We get nothing out of the arrangement except for the world's biggest welfare state (which, incidentally, loves to brag to the world about what a grand *success* they are).

Comment

• Here, read this article from the LA Times written by, yes, a Jew on how Jewish American media really is.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec...ion/oe-stein19

"The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish."

Five gentiles in high places at entertainment companies. And this situation has not changed in the six years since, nor has it been all that different for the past few decades. It would be fantasy-based to suggest that this does not influence American perceptions on Israel. When Americans see Israelis on TV, as presented by major American media, what do they see? Rarely do they see them in a negative light. Jews are so ubiquitous that I would wager there are more Jews presented as characters on TV programs ( despite being a mere 2% of our population) than blacks and Hispanics COMBINED, not to mention the fact that the actors themselves are far, far more likely to be Jewish than any other group. Honestly, this is a truly tiresome thing to discuss because it's so ridiculously blatant that no one can deny it with a straight face. It would be like saying that the NBA isn't majority black, it would defy reality.

Comment

• That the relatively small world Jewish population (14 million approx) has more power than more than a billion Muslims should be a cause for Muslim navel gazing rather that whining.
                                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X