No announcement yet.

Controversy of Miss World Contest 2013 Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished reading about the Jakarta Muslin Beauty whatever, and I was reading down readers comments, Exbrit quite amusing, but Peter Gryffin whoever he is made me really laugh, with the comment" What a load of Bollacks" dont know who he is but he hit the nail on the head.nice one,

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
      A Nigerian woman won the beauty pageant.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]"A Nigerian beauty contestant wearing a headscarf and stilettos has won a Muslim-only beauty pageant in Jakarta, where participants were judged not just on their looks but their ability to recite verses from the Qur'an and their philosophy on modern-day Islam.[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola, 21, dropped to her knees and thanked "almighty Allah" on Wednesday before collecting a prize of 25 million rupiah (£1,375) and trips to Mecca and India.[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]"We're just trying to show the world that Islam is beautiful," she told Agence France-Presse"

Continued: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...lam-miss-world[/FONT][/COLOR]
      Looks like Caster Semenya

did the other contestant curse Allah that they didn't win (since she praised allah for winning)? or doesnt it work like that

Comment

Still looks like a fella, so islam is beautiful and they kill 30 people in a Kenyan mall, about time some of these people woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anglian View Post
          Still looks like a fella, so islam is beautiful and they kill 30 people in a Kenyan mall, about time some of these people woke up.
          Come on! They were attacked by a group that use a personal interpretation of Islam for their cause. It wasn't an attack by Islam.
          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Some really juvenile comments in the last posts:

[COLOR=#333333]did the other contestant curse Allah that they didn't win (since she praised allah for winning)? or doesnt it work like that[/COLOR]
            People of all religions thank their imaginary friend in the sky for meaningless things, such as catching a touchdown pass, winning an Emmy or a beauty pageant.

[COLOR=#333333]Still looks like a fella, so islam is beautiful and they kill 30 people in a Kenyan mall, about time some of these people woke up.[/COLOR]
            Surely you can see the difference between violent extremists and a 21 year old beauty pageant winner?

Also, why insult her physical appearance? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all, and goes only skin deep.

Comment

It's a sport to mock religion sometimes, but just in case it's not said in jest, almost a quarter of the world's population is Muslim. If Islam really is about violence, then we would see a world war on an unprecedented scale instead of sporadic terrorism by dozens.

Modesty in dress is a feature of all Abrahamic religions. Ultra Orthodox Jews women today wear wigs so as not to reveal their real hair, and the apostle Paul equated a woman without a head cover to a woman with her hair shorn.

The winner of the Muslimah contest is not my type, but (jokes aside) I wouldn't confuse her for a man, even with her dark skin.

Comment

Well Dafluk, sorry but as you say beauty in the eye of the beholder and she still looks like a fella to me, but I think, I dont really know but it wasnt a beauty contest in the sense that Miss World is, more chaste and holy, I was reading an article today regarding Arab dress, and in Roman times it was noted that Arab women covered themselves leaving only there eyes visible some went as far to cover up one eye, things havent changed in Saudi both eyes are covered.
                Regards the Kenyan Mall Massacre, as far as I can see on TV and the press the Killers are regarded as Muslims from Somalia, the killers whether we like it or not are killing on behalf of the furthering of Islam, it probably doesnt impress the civilised world, but there are a lot of these killers out there in many countries trying to further Islam this way.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                  Come on! They were attacked by a group that use a personal interpretation of Islam for their cause. It wasn't an attack by Islam.
                  That's right! We should differentiate between a religion and its followers. Basically, as I know all religions persuade to have world peace instead of war, riot or terror. On the other hand, religion misinterpreting people think and act different as guided by religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                    Modesty in dress is a feature of all Abrahamic religions. Ultra Orthodox Jews women today wear wigs so as not to reveal their real hair, and the apostle Paul equated a woman without a head cover to a woman with her hair shorn.
                    Although in theory I could agree with your first statement, it must be said that it is mainly a matter of interpretation. We do have the saying 'let your hair hang loose' which means more or less to let yourself go, remove barriers.

The orthodox Jews are not required to wear a wig but are required to cover their hair. And the fact that some shave it off and wear a wig, is or complete vanity (the wig is more beautiful and potentially sexually arousing than their own hair) or an extreme interpretation of being taken captive and shaving off hair to become unattractive (as dictated in one of the old scriptures).

The Apostle Paul only states the women should cover their hair while praying. And in fact it is not because of the Jewish or Islamic reasoning but it is more sexist: The head of the woman is the man, the head of a man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God.

Last but not least the whole hijab thing is also an interpretation which is not even mentioned in the Quran. It just becomes a trend with young girls, very often because of peer pressure or even fear for rape or problems in public. Those are not very valid arguments.

So: we have a Miss World who shows off her body and a Miss Islam who shows off her modesty and skills in reciting the Quran. Well, both want world peace I guess.
                    [FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

To my thinking, this describes the outlook of Paul: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-Moral-Compass

Comment

EXCELLENT VANIA!
                        vania miss world talent.jpg
                        At the Mangupura Hall, Vania Larissa of Indonesia was proclaimed the winner of the Miss World Talent Final!

Vania’s flawless rendition of ‘A Question of Honour’, sung in an operatic style with a modern twist, Vania claimed the top prize from a field of 12 contestants who made it to the Talent Final! All of the contestants brought their A-Game in what was one of the best Talent Finals Miss World has ever seen. Every one of the contestants should be proud of their performances, with each individual showing off their dazzling skills.[Source:www.missworld.com]

Regarding Miss World Muslimah 2013, Miss World Christian, Miss World Hindu.. whatever as the opposition of Miss World, I have no objection. It's their right.

Comment

Where's the Miss Atheist World competition this year?

Comment

I stopped watching after a local Miss Strawberry election. But there is a Miss Elderly Women Beauty Contest.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

Maybe Indonesia will love Miss DangDuterzzz ??!! the contestant are allowed to show their sexy dress and the storm movement "goyangan badai", or the animal kingdom body shake, such as "goyang itik", duck, chicken, worm, snake style in the show. oh wait ? it has been shown on the television and no one complain ?!
                              I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.i'm just.. human

Comment

I'm going to hell. Just watched Miss World. Didn't see any guys dressed in white with scraggly beards. Van't say there are no bodies floating somewhere but seemed to be no problems.

Congratulations Miss Philippines.
                                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X