Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    Samsiam,
    I think that you've been warned a couple of times by moderators about our policy, haven't you?
    Inflammatory posts are not welcome in this forum. We first warn posters, but if they persist in ignoring warnings, we shift gears. Rather than deleting posts, we can delete membership.

Posting Guidelines.
    Can you explain what the inflammatory post was of mine, because I have no idea.

Nor have I been warned before, that I know of.....you must have me confused with somebody else.

Comment

• MOD NOTE:

Samsiam,

A while back, a number of off-topic posts were deleted including yours. In one particular post, you called a member 'cupcake'. Not only did the use of term heat up the discussion, but it also led to the closure of the thread. The deletion to some extent can be seen as a mild warning, telling members that something has crossed the line. If you think that you haven't been warned, then take this note as a warning for baiting user (#116)

Ponyexpress
      Last edited by ponyexpress; 17-05-13, 22:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
        MOD NOTE:

Samsiam,

A while back, a number of off-topic posts were deleted including yours. In one particular post, you called a member 'cupcake'. Not only did the use of term heat up the discussion, but it also led to the closure of the thread. The deletion to some extent can be seen as a mild warning, telling members that something has crossed the line. If you think that you haven't been warned, then take this note as a warning for baiting user (#116)

Ponyexpress
        yes and if you read the following posts that the term 'cupcake' is used as a term of endearment and several posters understood that and agreed with me.

Because you chose to ignore that, don't blame me as that is the context it was quoted in and not baiting in any way shape or form.

Same as this thread.

Case closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by samsiam View Post
          yes and if you read the following posts that the term 'cupcake' is used as a term of endearment and several posters understood that and agreed with me.

Because you chose to ignore that, don't blame me as that is the context it was quoted in and not baiting in any way shape or form.

Same as this thread.

Case closed.
          I believe you are conflating the "cupcake" event and post #116 of this thread. You may not regard that post as "baiting," but the mod team does.

Originally posted by poast #116 by samsiam
          [COLOR=#333333]Go Jim.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Like...did you flick your hair back when you wrote that ??[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by samsiam View Post
            Nor have I been warned before, that I know of.....you must have me confused with somebody else.
            [COLOR=#333333]My bad. Apologies to have infered that you've been officially warned and for the dry tone of my post. Your name came up in two instances in the past, in our moderation channel (the "cupcake" bit and in a thread about items to be sold by a user). Deletions of posts occured but no official warning were sent. The post has been edited by the owner of this website and she left a note that you have read.
            I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted and thought we reminded you/explained you the basic rules of this forum, beside the note left by wm.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]We appreciate that users remain courteous to each others and excessive sarcasm is not welcome and considered inflammatory. It ain't hard, especially for english native speakers, to express an opinion without necessarily being discourteous. In real life, I guess you wouldn't use similar words as those you wrote in post #116 without taking the risk to expose you to troubles. Same here.

I also think that you've jumped to conclusion a bit fast concerning your assertion "[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]if you read the following posts that the term 'cupcake' is used as a term of endearment and several posters understood that and agreed with me." This is a very hasty way to put it. Be aware that several (5 to be exact) reports from users were triggered by your post at the time and they all find your post out of line considering our Posting Guidelines. This is why wm, was first on the ball editing it, and it is pretty unusual that she directly chimes in in moderation. Their must have several reports for her to take a closer look at a thread.

Now, I believe that the case is indeed closed. You have been warned officially, you have been given the link to the Posting Guidelines and you are free to ignore both the link and our warning or to consider them as wise.

If you believe that you have been unfairly moderated, please contact wm at [email protected][/COLOR]

Comment

• Now... what was this thread about... Oh ya... Lion Air excellency...

Comment

• So you do not consider the post beforehand #115 to be in the same light as your baiting or inflammatory type posts ? If not, then I am confused, if yes, then I hope that poster was warned also.

And you know, if someone said 'whatever' to me to my face in response to my mention of Garuda not always being the best, and that pilots not being ultimately responsible for what happens in their cockpit and therefore 'shit happens' is not a relevant response, then I would consider them extremely rude and I would most definitely let them know it.

We could argue the cupcake issue until the cows come home, but they'll be a long time coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                  Now... what was this thread about... Oh ya... Lion Air excellency...
                  Ok....

Comment

• An eerily similar accident, Asiana's flight 214 crash landed in SFO leaving two fatalities and more than 180 injured, many of them severely.

From the official information coming from NTSB so far, the airplane entered a stall just before impacting the seawall at the edge of the runway extended zone.

"
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]-- The cockpit voice recorder reveal the pilots called to initiate a "go-around" at another landing 1.5 second before impact, NTSB Chairwoman Deborah Hersman told reporters Sunday.
                    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]
                    -- "There is no discussion of any aircraft anomalies or concerns with the approach," said Hersman. A call from a crew member to increase speed was made approximately seven seconds before impact, she said.
                    -- Four seconds prior to impact, crew members were alerted to the fact that they were approaching a stall, Hersman said.
                    -- The target speed for the approach of Asiana Flight 214 was 137 knots, and the crew can be heard on the cockpit voice recorder acknowledging the speed, she said. "The speed was significantly below 137 knots, and we are not talking about a few knots."

[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    Asiana Airlines crash: At a glance - CNN.com

The question is now why the crew flew the airplane so low and slow, as this amateure video shows.

Video shows plane's moment of impact
                    Last edited by redsnapr; 08-07-13, 05:41.
                    "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

• I have no idea as to why the crew did what they did but I can honestly say that I hate landing in SF. I have always done whatever to avoid that airport. All you see is water and it just keeps getting closer when you're landing. The runway starts at the edge of the water. An eerie feeling. It has to be one of the toughest to land at.
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• That runway 28L where the crash happened is almost 3.5 km long and is fitted with an ILS system. Even without the use of the ILS and with that runway length, a pilot could choose to land a long way after the standard point of touchdown without risking a runway excursion. Weather was not an issue either.

I'm not a pilot myself and haven't heard about other pilot's experience in SFO but I've been inside the cockpit of flights landing into very difficult landing conditions (geographical location, weather/wind, mountainous terrain, etc) that make SFO look like a walk in the park.

This is a video of one of those difficult airports:

"Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

• I think he could have used a few more hours.
                          http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-says-pi...010133596.html
                          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                            I think he could have used a few more hours.
                            http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-says-pi...010133596.html
                            From the article:

"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Lee, who started his career at Asiana as an intern in 1994, has 9,793 hours of flying experience, but only 43 hours with the Boeing 777 jet.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Co-pilot Lee Jeong-min, who has 3,220 hours of flying experience with the Boeing 777 and a total of 12,387 hours of flying experience, was helping Lee Kang-kook in the landing, the spokeswoman said".

Could this be a case of cockpit dynamics where the the more experienced co-pilot (on the 777) was reluctant to confront the higher ranked captain?[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• The press has reported that the ILS for the runway was not operating due to construction, but weather was not a factor and the on-board approach systems plus something as simple as the VASI were in place to assist. Pilot error seems to be the most likely cause -- maybe a arrogant desire to "hit the numbers", rather than leave a safe margin for error.

Comment

• "[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]Drawing on data from the aircraft’s cockpit voice and flight data recorders, the head of the US National Transportation Board Deborah Hersman said on Sunday night that the pilots of Asiana Airlines flight 214 “called to initiate a go-around,” where a plane aborts a landing attempt during its final approach to the runway, just 1.5 seconds before the crash. That was after a stall warning sounded four seconds before impact.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]Ms Hersman said the plane was travelling “significantly below” its target landing speed of 137 knots, or 157 miles, per hour. “We’re not talking about a few knots,” she said.
                                http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...g-8692667.html[/FONT][/COLOR]
                                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X