No announcement yet.

Lion Air Crash in Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citilink and Lion Air are bad news. Seriously, fly if you want, but do so with the understanding that you are in a much higher risk than with other carriers. They are cheaper for many reasons. Garuda got their act together because if the EU ban. Lion and Citi are banned still for serious reasons. I only fly Garuda within Indonesia. Once I am flying international, my family chose other carriers with better records. My daughter's life is worth a few hundred more dollars and if we can't afford to fly safe and don't need to fly, we don't.
    QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

And people SHOULD think about this and complain. It's one thing to have crap service and another to have overworked crews and substandard safety.
      QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

If I may ask? Where are all these planes falling out of the skies?
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

I book the cheapest ticket whatever the airline and so far have cheated death. Spare me the finger waving; I have assessed the risk. Even for the worst it is small, insignificant.

Comment

If I was to be in a plane crash, this is the one I would want to be in.
            Asam di gunung, garam di laut bertemu dalam satu belanga. https://linuxcounter.net/cert/352656.png

Comment

I used to fly on Air America. These airlines here seem much better.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mrtessster View Post
                If I was to be in a plane crash, this is the one I would want to be in.
                Can't argue with you too much there. However any truly bad landing is terrifying, this had to be amazingly scary when the plane actually broke.

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapr View Post
                  It could have been a low level wind shear near the landing runway, also called microburst, or a combination of incorrect flap settings, or lower than normal approach speed and sudden encounter with heavy tailwind (not necessarily produced by a microburst).

Graphic of a microburst:

Apparently this was the plane involved. http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot....st-flight.html
                  "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yep, that's the one. Registry PK-LKS is shown on both the blog's aircraft details and the crash photos.
                    "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

"Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

Hey Red, I see the tail section Lion Air Logo seems to come through undamaged -- great promo shot for Lion.

Comment

2013 April 13, Bali: small protruding rock cuts airliner in TWO.
                          Reminder of 911 official story: only reason airliner didn't cut WTC in TWO was that the wings were not wide enough (1).
                          If the wings were a few meters wider, we would have watched the 2013 Bali reversed script: each "plane" would have cut the "impacted" steel structure of the WTC towers in two.
                          Unlike the Bali plane, that was cut in two just above the sea floor, we would have witnessed an immediate collapse of the floors of the WTC towers above the impact zone.
                          All this because not only does a small rock cut through hollow aluminium but also does hollow aluminium cuts through massive steel.

Notes
                          (1) see images of plane and original CNN broadcast:
                          http://web.archive.org/web/201209191...d.php?t=167733

Comment

How many Lion air accidents have been through [COLOR=#0000ff]"landing problems"[/COLOR] ? Of the top of my head without researching, I think most if not all.

I found this on the forum today whilst searching
                            ull details from all
                            http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...on+air+landing

I think that says a lot about what may have happened today with a brand new aircraft only delivered Mid March.

I'm sure Boeing are going to want full details from all the flight recorders on this plane considering their recent problems.

Comment

Originally posted by pip View Post
                              How many Lion air accidents have been through [COLOR=#0000ff]"landing problems"[/COLOR] ? Of the top of my head without researching, I think most if not all.
                              [SIZE=2]Statistic analysis of airplane accidents[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

http://www.1001crash.com/index-page-...numpage-3.html
                              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                                Hey Red, I see the tail section Lion Air Logo seems to come through undamaged -- great promo shot for Lion.

Credits to AFP. Photo was taken from a Colombian online newspaper.

BTW, airlines usually whiten all logos and other markings out of incident aircraft as quickly as possible. This one will be more difficult as long as the plane is in the water. Also, I would think twice before jumping into the water at Kuta beach with the contaminants that may be already leaking out of the wreckage, which hopefully will be appropriately removed out of the water without further breakage of the hull and wings. The remaining fuel inside the tanks may be enough to cause a small ecological disaster were it to sip out completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X