Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding - share some updates

Accurate and up to the minute info on flooding is not always easily accessible for people who don't speak Indonesian or have recently arrived in Jakarta.

Please share any info you have on flooded areas in Jakarta and greater Jakarta areas.

More flooding expected in South and East Jakarta:

Pretty much areas around the Ciliwung river as well as the Pesanggrahan River. More info on Jakarta Globe.

Jakarta - Serpong toll road:

When I drove from BSD to South Jakarta, I noticed water on each side of the road where there usually isn't. This was not too long after entering the freeway from BSD, before the Pondok Aren toll gate.

Ciledug area:

My in-laws live there and the area is usually flooded. It seems that the flooding is under control and water is recessing.

Information sources:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com (in English, not up to the minute)
    http://www.thejakartapost.com (In English, not up to the minute)
    http://www.detik.com/ (In Indonesian, faster than Jakarta Globe and Post)
    http://lewatmana.com/ (In Indonesian, up to the minute information via the Twitter feed)

About http://lewatmana.com/, the twitter feed will probably give you the latest info. Just know that "Banjir" means flood and when this word pops up on the twitter feed, it's usually including a location. Like this one: http://twitpic.com/bvlikf

ps: I know this is probably not the best section but I thought the "Expat Chat" would give the most exposure.
    Last edited by El_Goretto; 16-01-13, 11:15.

I live in Cawang- East Jakarta and travel to Kelapa Gading, to drop off the missus and then to Monas to work.

An update from this morning, Cawang (Universitas Kristen Indonesia) and the Cawang underpass is flood-free.
    Kelapa gading this morning is also flood-free in contrast to yesterday.
    Sunter, all the way through Kemayoran (Jl. Angkasa) and Gunung Sahari towards Pasar Baru is also flood-free.
    Masjid Agung and Cathedral areas all the way to Monas are also flood-free.

Comment

This is helpful... but even more so if google maps showed the names of the rivers.
      QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

@Rizzer: thanks for the info. I have to go to Sunter area by tomorrow in early morning. I wish no flood there as your info.
        ~ Welcome to Indonesia! - Have a nice day ~

Comment

Originally posted by Joe.Bogor View Post
          @Rizzer: thanks for the info. I have to go to Sunter area by tomorrow in early morning. I wish no flood there as your info.
          Things change quick when it comes to floods though, it might be different by tomorrow. I travel through Sunter everyday and lately the worst flood is only about angkle high in some parts of the Jl. Danau Sunter.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzer View Post
            Things change quick when it comes to floods though, it might be different by tomorrow. I travel through Sunter everyday and lately the worst flood is only about angkle high in some parts of the Jl. Danau Sunter.
            Thanks again for your prompt reply. Then could you tell me the best route to go to Jl. Sunter Agung Utara Raya? I will be go there from Bogor. I have plan to exit at Sunter gate from toll road. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
            ~ Welcome to Indonesia! - Have a nice day ~

Comment

Originally posted by Joe.Bogor View Post
              Thanks again for your prompt reply. Then could you tell me the best route to go to Jl. Sunter Agung Utara Raya? I will be go there from Bogor. I have plan to exit at Sunter gate from toll road. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
              Sorry, I never go through that route so I have no idea what the condition is at the moment. But from the Tol exit (Sunter Podomoro) towards Sunter (through Daihatsu) is usually safe.

Sunter Agung on the other hand has high and low areas, some even flood under modest rain. Keep yourself updated with tonight's and tomorrow morning's weather.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRedSox View Post
                This is helpful... but even more so if google maps showed the names of the rivers.

Ciliwung River ---> Kali Ciliwung

[COLOR=#333333]Pesanggrahan River ---> Kali [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Pesanggrahan[/COLOR]

Comment

Potensi_Banjir__201316162716.jpg

I hope this helps...it's a map of areas with flood potential (Source: BMKG http://www.bmkg.go.id/bmkg_pusat/Kli...si_Banjir.bmkg)

Comment

Nice!

thanks for the help!
                    QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Green Garden in West jakarta is worst...... the flood is over 40 cm......

Comment

The Ciliwung as it crosses under the ORR yesterday and today was as high as I can remember. Our low lying neighbors in Pasar Rebo have been inundated as tributaries back up and I see that those in the narrow river valley have been forced out of their homes and under plastic tarps draped and anchored to the toll boundary wall. This year is stacking up to be much worse than usual and "usual" is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                          This year is stacking up to be much worse than usual and "usual" is pretty bad.
                          It seems like it.

Here in BSD, it's been raining 80% of the day every day and night for the last few days. I got woken up again by thunderstorm and downpour in the middle the night and now it's still raining on an off.

Comment

This is detik.com's update as per 08.12 this morning :
                            - Thamrin : between Tosari (Grand Indonesia) to Sarinah one lane is flooded. Please expect traffic build up in that area.
                            - Cassablanca : an underpass is flooded (though it wasn't specified which one)
                            - HR Rasuna : the slow lane towards menteng is flooded
                            - Pluit : the main road towards toll entrance is flooded
                            - Avoid Tomang, Grogol and Trisakti area
                            - Kampung Melayu is flooded. The cawang - tj priuk, traffic in the toll road is more than 5km
                            Have any of you ever seen another sponge, starfish and squid anywhere near Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward???

Comment

Kemang Raya is totally flooded. The worst parts are at the beginning and the end. If your motorbikes/cars have high exhaust tubes, you should be able to manage. Otherwise, not advisable to go there at this time of the day, might be better a later if the rain reduces.

Comment

Working...
                              X