No announcement yet.

Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <---not in Jakarta. Looking in from afar.

Comment

• I would *not* want to be swimming in that water! Not that different from swimming in the canals! I did lots of swimming in farming canals and ditches as a kid, but luckily none like you find in Jakarta!
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Jaime: Ditto, I wouldn't want my delicate thick skin to touch any "excess water" on the road. One reason I don't ride my motorcycle often is the water on the road. The rain and wind don't bother me much (I used to ride even in the snow, sleet and ice if you want to count snow mobiles) but the nasties in the water does. Heck even the rain water in Jakarta stings my eyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joko MacKenna View Post

Oh what happened to the cat mom behind him? I hope she's safe and dry.
          [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

• I'm going to fess up. I came across that image of the man with the basket of kittens and the momma cat swimming valiantly behind while looking for pics of the current Jakarta flood. The fact that it's not from Jakarta doesn't make it any less compelling, if less topical. I too hope momma cat got home safely. The pic itself is from India in 2011. Sorry.

Comment

• I didnt know cat can swim..
              Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

I'm going to fess up. I came across that image of the man with the basket of kittens and the momma cat swimming valiantly behind while looking for pics of the current Jakarta flood. The fact that it's not from Jakarta doesn't make it any less compelling, if less topical. I too hope momma cat got home safely. The pic itself is from India in 2011. Sorry.
                In the mean time, Indonesians kill beautiful monitor lizards with sticks when they see them swimming in flood waters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alia View Post
                  I didnt know cat can swim..
                  No doubt the cat was also learning that fact for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    No doubt the cat was also learning that fact for the first time.
                    We had a cat that liked swimming. Kind of...

And speaking of lizards, we had one that was about 40 cm long in the yard yesterday... and yes we both scared the ship out of each other!
                    QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                      In the mean time, Indonesians kill beautiful monitor lizards with sticks when they see them swimming in flood waters.
                      Well, according to the story, they thought it was a crocodile...

The infamous Indonesian crocodiles...

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRedSox View Post
                        We had a cat that liked swimming. Kind of...
                        The Japanese Bobtail loves water. And since one of the theories (urban legend?) about the short tails of the cats in Indonesia, is that it's an heritage from WW2 occupation...but we digress

[FONT=arial black]
                        [/FONT]

Comment

• Not the most flattering picture, but that Japanese Bobtail looked very much like one of the two strays that lived outside the house where I lived in Jakarta back in '86. They lived on the chicken bones we threw out to them...

Comment

• Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                            Jaime: Ditto, I wouldn't want my delicate thick skin to touch any "excess water" on the road. One reason I don't ride my motorcycle often is the water on the road. The rain and wind don't bother me much (I used to ride even in the snow, sleet and ice if you want to count snow mobiles) but the nasties in the water does. Heck even the rain water in Jakarta stings my eyes!
                            I think my skin has developed some immunity then!! First week in Bali my toes were suffering from allergy...constant itchiness and blisters...last week, I had to dip my legs in the nice-murky ankle high water to move my car...and I am still doing fine now.

Wish my stomach is that strong now though....still can't do the es campur or es teler from the street vendor yet...(or ever?)

Comment

Dude, judging from your facial expression, that must have been quite a spliff in your fingers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                                Dude, judging from your facial expression, that must have been quite a spliff in your fingers...
                                LOL I was just thinking the same thing.
                                [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X