Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, but the next water problem could come as soon as the next rainy season. Another thought: this season is far from over. Take you time with the repairs.
    This is our thoughts...
    QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
      Flooding of Jakarta has been happening, like clockwork, every year for the last two decades, and yet nothing has been done, including during the long tenure of the so-called Father of Development. Now imagine what the most far-flung and peripheral parts of the country can expect in terms of government attention to identified problems.
      Yes it has and the other day SBY was stood, with trousers rolled up, outside his flooded Palace looking a sorry soul and bemused. One has to ask why he has done bugger all about it whilst in power, rather looking a such pathetic soul on TV.
      Last edited by JayJay; 22-01-13, 02:39. Reason: to bold Hombre de Maize txt I was referring to

Comment

One must ask with reference to another thread, "Who are the puppets?"

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
          ...... while we all brainstorm how to avoid this kind of flood in 2019.
          Easy, no brainstorm necessary,..... leave the country while it's over............. now can we all share the wine? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay View Post
            Easy, no brainstorm necessary,..... leave the country while it's over............. now can we all share the wine? LOL
            No need to leave the country... Just come here (Samarinda), all road are dry!
            Recently, they clean up all "got" and the main road are no more floaded after a rain like the first year I was here.
            Now they are building new drain for help to evacuate the rain from some area.

They are also paving (with beton) every small road around the city.

Start to be a very nice city to leave : D : D
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

More coverage from the western media...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/20/caption_contest_cell_phone_in_a_flood_photo.html
              This space is available for rent.

Comment

It looks like the bureau of meteorology is predicting another deluge for the weekend;

http://news.detik.com/read/2013/01/2...-25-26-januari

Floods in capital cities around Asia is nothing new. Don't forget the major floods of Mania last year and before that, Bangkok. I think Bangkok lasted a few months before the water subsided.

Comment

Again, it seems like weather is playing crazy everywhere. Here I am, starting my trip to Jakarta from the opposite side of the globe, spending the night in a hotel after tonight's flight cancellation and hoping that tomorrow the rebooking of my entire flight schedule won't have me flying an eternity. All this due to the crazy weather in Germany.

Nice to hear.... NOT... that I may be arriving to a flooded (again...!) Jakarta after this days long journey across 12 time zones.
                  "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

Why is this thread became a place for crybabies to moan and complain about how difficult their live have became because of flood?

I thought this thread is for sharing information about flood in Jakarta.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolitap View Post
                      Why is this thread became a place for crybabies to moan and complain about how difficult their live have became because of flood?

Things go hand in hand. And do you think that this flood is acceptable? I think its f---ing criminal that Indonesian folks I know seem to accept that every five years or so they need to replace everything that they own. It's not right, when it is preventable. With the amount of unemployed and underemployed folks in this city, and the fact that we know how corruption works around here, some honesty, enforcement, and planning could have reduced life loss, property loss, and "crybabies moaning and complaining."
                      QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

It keeps the thread alive until the next deluge. Your lack of empathy would suggest that you stayed dry.
                        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern View Post
                          It keeps the thread alive until the next deluge. Your lack of empathy would suggest that you stayed dry.
                          No no, as expressed in quite some posts, Lolitap considers it subversive and undermining to express negative sentiments about any aspects of the 'Indonesian' way of life, culture, state and government.
                          [FONT=arial black]
                          [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jstar View Post
                            No no, as expressed in quite some posts, Lolitap considers it subversive and undermining to express negative sentiments about any aspects of the 'Indonesian' way of life, culture, state and government.
                            You know me very well, honey.

Comment

You've been warned by Puspawarna few days ago about the tone of your posts addressing forum members and the policy of www.livinginindonesiaforum.org.

Originally posted by puspawarna
                              [COLOR=#333333]Please keep in mind that the Living in Indonesia Expat Forum was not founded so that you can vent your spleen. It exists to help new (and long-term) expatriates, many of whom are stressed, confused, and in need of a kind word and a helpful bit of advice. Your recent posts are definitely on the edge of what is acceptable. If you do not post in a more polite manner, you will receive an infraction and eventually be banned.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]There are other sites that allow you to post as coarsely or harshly as you like. You should save your vitriol for those locations. Thank you.
                              [/COLOR]
                              It seems you didn't get the message. This will cost you a few infraction points this time, but should you persist in ignoring our warnings and policy, we'll put the plug on your handle. Inflammatory posts are NOT welcome here. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstar
                                Still angry I got your job? (Burgers.)
                                The teaching job?
                                Nah, you can keep it. As long as there is fish in the sea I can still inherit my parents canned fish business.

Comment

Working...
                                X