Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe.Bogor View Post
    Where exactly you're? if you're near to TB simatupang toll road (outer ring road) then maybe will be better to take that route toward jagorawi then you can continue to 'Tol dalam kota' take the direction toward tg. priok not grogol because grogol mostly flooded. After that you can follow the direction to Soekarno/Hatta Intl Airport I wish it could help. Cheers!
    Thank you. I'm in Ciganjur and normally go through Cilandak to toll road.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

go to bintaro and bsd toll road, cross BSD ( might be tricky at the end of the route, since it's said that the flood is quite high in living world area)
      then enter toll road, like going to kebon jeruk, but before reaching that point there is a toll road heading to the airport.

Originally posted by Kedua View Post
      I need to get from Jakarta Selatan through to the airport. Anyone know of a route?
      dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

This might be of interest to all who havent done their weekend shopping, My wife had to go to Superindo on Cirendue Raya, a lot of the shelves were empty, she only went to by some Dragon Fruit, so bought the last 7, seems some people are panic buying due possible non delivery of supplies,
        Sadly more heavy rain forcast

Comment

I am at Soekarno Hatta at the moment and managed to escape Mangga Dua. In some part in between Mangga Dua and the jalan toll I had the impression to be on a boat rather than in a car but it was still OK. It took me 3 hours to find a taxi with the help of the ambonese guys from the security of the hotel (Ambon and Manado use a similar dialek which helps a lot to make friends ) and about 90 minutes to go to Soekarno Hatta. I had no seats booked but it seems that most flight are empty since not so many passengers seem to be able to make it to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
            I am at Soekarno Hatta at the moment and managed to escape Mangga Dua. In some part in between Mangga Dua and the jalan toll I had the impression to be on a boat rather than in a car but it was still OK. It took me 3 hours to find a taxi with the help of the ambonese guys from the security of the hotel (Ambon and Manado use a similar dialek which helps a lot to make friends ) and about 90 minutes to go to Soekarno Hatta. I had no seats booked but it seems that most flight are empty since not so many passengers seem to be able to make it to the airport.
            Guess we will be taking a rain check on the flood party?

My conference has just been cancelled also.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe.Bogor View Post
              Yes, by air. You can rent a copter
              The idea is not that fanciful. I was used to stay in Hotel Aryaduta in Tugu Tani before the takeover by Lippo and they do/did have a helicopter service which was not that expensive. I've never used the service but considered it once when I checked the price.
              I don't know if they still provide the service but I've just found an old JP link about it: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...e-airport.html

Originally posted by Sky Garden View Post
              Guess we will be taking a rain check on the flood party?

My conference has just been cancelled also.
              Too bad. I would have enjoyed to have a glass or three with you.
              This being said I may be in Bali the next few days. A good friend/forum user is back to his home country for a while and before leaving Manado he went to Bali to spend a few days. I consider catching up with him for his last two or three days in Indonesia. Nothing sure though.
              Last edited by atlantis; 18-01-13, 13:28.

Comment

this web page gives you real time updates from CCTV on major roads. usueful for flooding but also general taraffic conditions

http://lewatmana.com/cari/

Comment

This is a map showing all the flooded areas today.http://www.aifdr.org/wp-content/uplo..._1_13_0600.jpg
                  This is a list of the affected areas https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DlzeTBHTm5EQ3c
                  The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Pulomas today....

Had to take a horse wagon to reach a house of inlaws (alternative was swimming). And found some snakes in the house (black with yellow striping).

[FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

I wonder if the flood has influence on the air traffic as well?

Comment

It should. All those boarding and disembarking air travelers don't live at the airport.

Comment

And neither do Pilots and flight crew...
                          QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

I was planning to go the Central Park area for a friends birthday tomorrow from Bandung via Cititrans. They are not travelling today. Terribly selfish of me to ask under the circumstances, however, what are peoples thoughts on things getting back to reasonable order tomorrow and travel companies being able to get through? Thanks.

Comment

http://news.detik.com/read/2013/01/1...991101mainnews

Is this guy a member of the forums?
                              This space is available for rent.

Comment

Ok I'll just watch the developments for when I'll come back to Indonesia :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X