Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
    Flooding of Jakarta has been happening, like clockwork, every year for the last two decades, and yet nothing has been done, including during the long tenure of the so-called Father of Development. Now imagine what the most far-flung and peripheral parts of the country can expect in terms of government attention to identified problems.
    I have been living here in Jak-Bar for 3 years, and today was the worst it has been in that time - by a longshot!!! I have heard that 2007 was significantly worse, but the current floods do seem to be beyond the annual standard. IMHO, the biggest problem is that we still have a couple months of rainy season to go. The 2007 floods did not start until the end of January / beginning of February.
    This space is available for rent.

Comment

I have to go to Jakarta quite soon I think for the usual round of paperwork, guess now's as good a time as any to install the snorkel on the monster machine...
      sigpic
      bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

Update from Jakarta Globe:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Several roads in Jakarta remained flooded on Friday morning, forcing authorities to continue to suspend Transjakarta busway operations and the implementation of the 3-in-1 traffic rule. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]According to the Jakarta Traffic Management Center (TMC), as of 7am, the following roads should be avoided: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 50 cm flood near Lotte Mart Kelapa Gading, impassable to vehicles [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 65 cm flood in front of the North Jakarta Islamic Center, impassable on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 45 cm flood on the Pluit toll road towards Tomang, km 14,400, impassable on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 60 cm flood in front of Mangga Dua Square, impassable on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 35 cm flood on Jalan West Cilandak, impassable to vehicles [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 50 cm flood on Jalan Bangka South Jakarta, traffic paralyzed [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 45 cm flood in Jatipulo, vehicles from Tomang to Harmoni unable to pass [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 50 cm flood in Pejagalan, Mampang, traffic jam on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 20 cm flood in Latuharhari, still passable [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 80 cm flood on Jalan Abdullah Safii, Tebet, traffic jam on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 40 cm flood near Astra Honda Motor, North Jakarta, traffic jam on both sides [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]- 45 cm flood in front of Citra Land, Grogol, West Jakarta, only busway lane is passable [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
          Flooding of Jakarta has been happening, like clockwork, every year for the last two decades, and yet nothing has been done, including during the long tenure of the so-called Father of Development. Now imagine what the most far-flung and peripheral parts of the country can expect in terms of government attention to identified problems.
          If I were the Jakartan Authorities.. I, too, wouldnt know what to do anymore but to bulldoze the whole city and rebuild a new one with proper infrastructure.

Comment

I need to get from Jakarta Selatan through to the airport. Anyone know of a route?

Comment

Originally posted by Kedua View Post
              I need to get from Jakarta Selatan through to the airport. Anyone know of a route?
              Yes, by air. You can rent a copter
              ~ Welcome to Indonesia! - Have a nice day ~

Comment

Originally posted by Joe.Bogor View Post
                Yes, by air. You can rent a copter
                Maybe we can get serious here. I.m guessing quite a few people will be needing to get to the airport in the next few days. I for one. I too would like to know the best route from Selatan to the Airport.
                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Kebayoran Lama -> Bumi Serpong Damai -> Tangerang may be? Not sure if its a dry or wet route

Comment

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]A friend has just advised they went via the tollroad yesterday at noon. 90mins. I'm guessing today after another full night of rain it would be wise to add on extra time as a precaution.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Kedua. I figure I'll put 3 hours down for the trip any way just in case.

Comment

Bon voyage

Comment

Jealous of those leaving. I drove by the Ciliwuk River (sp) this morning. Houses floating and being leveled by the authorities.
                          QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Matty, my trip is just to Singapore and back again.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                              Maybe we can get serious here. I.m guessing quite a few people will be needing to get to the airport in the next few days. I for one. I too would like to know the best route from Selatan to the Airport.
                              Where exactly you're? if you're near to TB simatupang toll road (outer ring road) then maybe will be better to take that route toward jagorawi then you can continue to 'Tol dalam kota' take the direction toward tg. priok not grogol because grogol mostly flooded. After that you can follow the direction to Soekarno/Hatta Intl Airport I wish it could help. Cheers!
                              ~ Welcome to Indonesia! - Have a nice day ~

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                                I am at the moment in Mangga Dua... Bad choice. I landed late at night last night and the hotels I am used to stay were all full... The lady in Kaha hotel reservation in Soekarno Hatta suggested me an hotel in Mangga Dua and since I have some business to do there I thought it might be a good idea...
                                Well, isn't that nice to be out of a country for just three months and come back as a new timer? Next time I may even say yes for a hotel in Ancol!
                                If you are around, just PM me. I've got a couple of bottle of rum, a shaker, lime juice, a small ice crusher and enough delicacies for us to wait that the flood turun. I was expecting to be in Manado tonite but I think I will remain a jakartan for a couple of days now...
                                I arrive in Jakarta tomorrow morning, flood party A?

On a serious note, I am supposed to be attending a conference near season city mall in Grogol, I fully expected it to be cancelled but I have just been told it is going ahead, form what I can see its pretty bad there, anyone got any up to date info on that area?
                                Last edited by Sky Garden; 18-01-13, 10:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X