Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    I bet it is, mate! I've saucisson (and cornichons to go with), chorizo, cheeses, foie gras and a bunch of other stuff.
    I'd go nuts for the saucisson whereas my wife would go nuts over foie gras.

Erm... I would need to go to Pondok Indah from Mangga Dua for a return trip. Anyone has an idea about how foolish is the idea considering the present situation?
    Very foolish I'm afraid :S

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
      I'd go nuts for the saucisson whereas my wife would go nuts over foie gras.
      Hahaha... Don't worry, I always have a couple of saucisson & foie gras up front in my réserve if you pass by Manado. One has to be unlucky to show up at a time where I am low on stock concerning french food and beverages. To be even more tempting, I carry a bottle of La Grande Dame from Veuve Clicquot in one of my luggage. I've kept this one locked since it's pretty tempting to open it on the spot.
      On top of that I should be in and out of Indonesia quite often in 2013. This is not this year that I'll be missing french delicacies.

OK. Thanks for the tip about how foolish my idea to go to PIM is. Any update about the situation, if it changes, would be appreciated.

Comment

Hahaha... Don't worry, I always have a couple of saucisson & foie gras up front in my réserve if you pass by Manado. One has to be unlucky to show up at a time where I am low on stock concerning french food and beverages. To be even more tempting, I carry a bottle of La Grande Dame from Veuve Clicquot in one of my luggage. I've kept this one locked since it's pretty tempting to open it on the spot.
        On top of that I should be in and out of Indonesia quite often in 2013. This is not this year that I'll be missing french delicacies.

OK. Thanks for the tip about how foolish my idea to go to PIM is. Any update about the situation, if it changes, would be appreciated.
        You should leave SCTV on in the background in your hotel room since you speak Indonesian fluently

Comment

From the BMKG - Bureau of Meteorology (translated with Google Translate):

ANALYSIS OF WEATHER CONDITIONS AND PROSPECT OF THE WEEK 1 WEEK AHEAD

CURRENT WEATHER CONDITIONS
          In accordance with the information that was submitted by Deputy Meteorology in Press Release on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, the potential for an increase in high-intensity rainfall likely to occur on the island of Java on the weekend this week.

The strengthening of the Asian Monsoon activity is a factor that led to the formation of wind meeting area that extends from southern Sumatra, Java, until Nusa Tenggara. Where the area in the science of meteorology is a potential area for growth of rain clouds.

Weather conditions are observed today is as a result of the activities of the Monsoon Asia, causing rainfall intensity is high in Jakarta and surrounding areas, including Banten and West Java.

The results of monitoring rainfall in the Greater Jakarta area were recorded to pk.07: 00 this morning showed rainfall intensity to very heavy rains in: Tanjung Priok 95 mm; Kemayoran 81 mm; Pakubuwono 57 mm; Cileduk 59 mm; Depok 63.5 mm; Cengkareng 103 mm; Kedoya 125 mm; Gunung Mas 76 mm; Pantai Indah Kapuk 80.5 mm.

WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS
          Activity Monsoon Asia is predicted to last for 2 or 3 days, it will affect the growth of widespread rain clouds in South Sumatra, Lampung, Bengkulu, most of Java, Bali and Nusa Tenggara.

Another impact apart from an increase in the area of ​​rain is an increase in wind speed and wave height sea in South L.China, Strait Karimata, L.Flores, L.Timor,, L.Sawu, and L.Banda.

For a period of 3 days in the future potential of rainfall in Jakarta and its surrounding areas is quite high, especially the existence of rainfall that occurred on the eve of the morning.

WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
          Based on the analysis of the dynamics of the atmosphere for a period of one week to the next, the emergence of Asian Monsoon activity that can be repeated within a period of 7-10 days. Preconditions that must be met for the return Monsoon activity is increasing air pressure in Central Asia and the formation of a low pressure center in Australia and Surrounding Areas. If the preconditions are met, it is predictable for a period of one week to the next there is the potential for increased rainfall in Java, Bali and Nusa Tenggara.

Comment

gosh i miss the cheeses,.....
            to PIM? if you can rent a private helicopter then it should be fine :-D

Erm... I would need to go to Pondok Indah from Mangga Dua for a return trip. Anyone has an idea about how foolish is the idea considering the present situation?
            dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
              gosh i miss the cheeses,.....
              to PIM? if you can rent a private helicopter then it should be fine :-D
              And please drop the aforementioned cheese around Kuningan. Thank you. Your fellow forum member, Jolie.
              [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

Daan Mogot, Taman Palem and most of Citra Gardens west Jakarta totally flooded. so many friends of mine could not come for working. the good thing tomorrow is day off for us. but no point, couldn't go anywhere.lol...
                [COLOR=#ff0099][FONT=arial]Everything will be ok in the end. If its not ok, its not the end [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Wonder how much property values here in Ciganjur will go up since it's still dry?
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Relatives in Bekasi are starting to get flooding. One up to the carport, the other has ankle depth water inside. Seems pretty bad!
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Ok this is bad. Taken from The Jakarta Globe:

[COLOR=#000000]Central Jakarta’s business district flooded with water on Thursday after a 30-meter-long section of the West Flood Canal dike collapsed, the Jakarta Public Works Agency said.[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
                      Jakarta officials suspect the collapse was caused by surge of water sent into the canal after the Manggarai floodgate was opened hours earlier. The dike could not withstand the force of water, which flowed into the canal at 500 cubic meters per second, Jakarta Public Works Agency head Hendri said.

Homes and roads in the Menteng area were inundated with 1.5 meters of water late Thursday morning as floodwaters covered portions of Jalan Teluk Betung and Tosari. Jalan MH Thamrin and Jalan Sudirman were also underwater by Thursday afternoon.

Train service was cancelled in the greater Jakarta area after floods destroyed 40 meters of tracks near the Tanah Abang station, KAI spokesman Mateta Rizalulhaq said.

The train company is unable to fix the damaged tracks until the dike is repaired.

“We cannot fix the railway as long as the water is still there,” Mateta said. “It can only be done after it is dry.”

Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo visited the site at Thursday afternoon and urged the Ministry of Public Works to fix the dike while emergency funding is available.

“I will call on the Ministry of Public Works to fix this,” Joko said.

As long as the dike remains damaged, the flooding will continue along Jalan Thamrin and Jalan Sudirman, Hendri said.

“If it is not fixed, the floods… will keep on getting higher,” he said.

The agency plans to construct a temporary stone wall to try to stop some of the rushing water before crews begin making permanent repairs.

Jakarta will remain under emergency status until January 27.
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Uh oh. Could it be that they realize that they need the money and are keeping the emergency status for ten days to get national funding for the repairs... or are we truly, deeply, f/<¥ed?
                        QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

I don't know but it seems pretty bad...

My wife mentioned the TMC Polda Metro Jaya facebook page with minute by minute updates on flooded areas:

https://www.facebook.com/TMCPoldaMetro

Comment

this should be the updated map updated in real time

http://www.jakartatangguh.org/peta-digital/

Comment

Flooding of Jakarta has been happening, like clockwork, every year for the last two decades, and yet nothing has been done, including during the long tenure of the so-called Father of Development. Now imagine what the most far-flung and peripheral parts of the country can expect in terms of government attention to identified problems.

Comment

here's a website with flood info - http://cybermap.cbn.net.id/index.php?map=jkt.
                                Click on banjir on the bottom of the right side and a small map comes up. A great deal of jakarta seems to be marked blue. I don't suppose it will change for a few days - where would the water go? It's been waist-high deep in floodwater in Pulo Mas since around lunch time and hasn't receded at all. At least it hasn't risen further ... yet

Comment

Working...
                                X