No announcement yet.

Flooding - share some updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Jan 17, Jalan Ampera Raya was closed at the ORR. Traffic on Simatupang understandably was much worse than usual.

Comment

West Jakarta (Kedoya) - Central Jakarta (Citiloft)

The way next to Tol Tangerang is flooded. Motorbikes entering the tol road. Toll road seems to stuck completely.

Jalan Serengseng closed (flooded)

I took a mix of "jalan tikus" and main road... It took me less than one hour to get from Kedoya to City Loft...

Comment

This morning was quite amazing. Some major flooding in Pulomas and Kelapa Gading. Houses around inlaws all without electricity. It finally stopped. And when you're high enough (like us) you still have to fight the cockroach invasion; I killed about 60 of those suckers escaping the outside sewer and trying to get in the house.

Close to Arion at the Jl. Permuda Raya and Jl. Paus (popular alternative route for east<->west traffic) approx. 60 cm water.
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

I just got an SMS that JIS is closing early due to the floods. My kid takes the bus, so I don't have to scramble to get him home. But I don't know how families who use personal cars to transport their kids to school will handle it. What a mess.

When our son was younger we used to keep the car stocked with food, water, and toilet paper in case we got caught in an epic traffic jam. I stopped doing that when we never had any crazy horror episodes that required supplies like that. But it might be time to start again, just in case. A small water bottle and snack in purses/bookcases/briefcases might be a smart move too, since you can get just as stuck in a taxi or bus.

ETA - Just got another message from the school. Only kids who take the bus are being dismissed early. My son must be cackling with glee ... all those kids who don't take the bus must be truly bummed. They have to stay at school, AND they'll probably take hours getting home tonight.
          Last edited by Puspawarna; 17-01-13, 11:51.

Comment

I just drove from Kemang around Star Deli area to Kemang around EP area and no problems with flooding. I did walk over to take a look at the river that runs parallel to Prapanca at the entrance to Kemang and it is the highest I've seen it in years.

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
              And when you're high enough (like us) you still have to fight the cockroach invasion; I killed about 60 of those suckers escaping the outside sewer and trying to get in the house.
              Wait, after the floods we're gonna get plagues?!?!?
              Have I moved to Gomorrah?
              QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRedSox View Post
                Wait, after the floods we're gonna get plagues?!?!?
                Have I moved to Gomorrah?
                The worst part are the snakes seeking dry grounds. Not fun finding cobras in your cupboard after floods recess.

Comment

those who live in an apartment with access to a mall are quite lucky now I guess...

I talked to an official who is involved in the first aid coordination... They expect that it will get worse...

So a bit of preparation might be smart for the next days...

Comment

I am at the moment in Mangga Dua... Bad choice. I landed late at night last night and the hotels I am used to stay were all full... The lady in Kaha hotel reservation in Soekarno Hatta suggested me an hotel in Mangga Dua and since I have some business to do there I thought it might be a good idea...
                    Well, isn't that nice to be out of a country for just three months and come back as a new timer? Next time I may even say yes for a hotel in Ancol!
                    If you are around, just PM me. I've got a couple of bottle of rum, a shaker, lime juice, a small ice crusher and enough delicacies for us to wait that the flood turun. I was expecting to be in Manado tonite but I think I will remain a jakartan for a couple of days now...
                    Last edited by atlantis; 17-01-13, 15:11.

Comment

Jakarta has been placed on a state of emergency until Jan 27th. http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/...-jan-27/566042
                      The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                        I am at the moment in Mangga Dua... Bad choice. I landed late at night last night and the hotels I am used to stay and they were all full... The lady in Kaha hotel reservation in Soekarno Hatta suggested me an hotel in Mangga Dua and since I have some business to do I thought it might be a good idea...
                        Well, isn't that nice to be out of a country for just three months and come back as a new timer? Next time I may even say yes for a hotel in Ancol!
                        If you are around, just PM me. I've got a couple of bottle of rum, a shaker, lime juice, a small ice crusher and enough delicacies for us to wait that the flood turun. I was expecting to be in Manado tonite but I think I will relmain a jakartan for a couple of days now...
                        I think you are going to get "flooded" with catching up requests! :P

I would have loved to catch up but BSD - Mangga Dua given the current conditions is a recipe for getting stuck in traffic...

Comment

Info send by a friend:

This information coming from TMC POLDA Metro Jaya, some roads are not passable due to flooding:
                          • Jalan Kramat Raya, Jakarta Utara, in front of Islamic Center, water level: 60 cm
                          • Jalan Abdullah Syafei water level: 60 cm
                          • Jalan Ringroad next to the police post in Cengkareng, water level: 120 cm
                          • Road in front of Esa Unggul Arjuna Selatan, water level: 60 cm
                          • Jalan Kembangan to Cengkareng, water level: 50 cm
                          • Jalan Meruya to Joglo, water level: 40 cm
                          • Jalan Tambora towards the commercial area isn't passable.
                          • Jalan Jembatan Tiga Raya, around Emporium Pluit, Penjaringan, Jakut, water level: 30-40 cm
                          • Jalan Swadarma Raya Petukangan in front of University Tanri Abeng, water level: 30 cm
                          • Jalan Patra Tomang I Duri Kepa Jakbar, water level: 70-80 cm

Comment

....If you are around, just PM me....
                            Tempting but I'm 'playing hotel' for the inlaws now. Desperately trying to get some extra bed- & bathrooms available in the house (can you imagine, in the middle of a major renovation and then this).
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

ay too bad...
                              if only you had come when the situation is not as bad as today, would be great to meet up.
                              enjoy your time then

I am at the moment in Mangga Dua... Bad choice. I landed late at night last night and the hotels I am used to stay were all full... The lady in Kaha hotel reservation in Soekarno Hatta suggested me an hotel in Mangga Dua and since I have some business to do there I thought it might be a good idea...
                              If you are around, just PM me. I've got a couple of bottle of rum, a shaker, lime juice, a small ice crusher and enough delicacies for us to wait that the flood turun. I was expecting to be in Manado tonite but I think I will remain a jakartan for a couple of days now...
                              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                                I would have loved to catch up but BSD - Mangga Dua given the current conditions is a recipe for getting stuck in traffic...
                                Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                                ay too bad...
                                if only you had come when the situation is not as bad as today, would be great to meet up.
                                enjoy your time then
                                Originally posted by jstar View Post
                                Tempting
                                I bet it is, mate! I've saucisson (and cornichons to go with), chorizo, cheeses, foie gras and a bunch of other stuff. Anything to make a decent private happening in the hotel.

Erm... I would need to go to Pondok Indah from Mangga Dua for a return trip. Anyone has an idea about how foolish is the idea considering the present situation?
                                Last edited by atlantis; 17-01-13, 16:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X