Advantages to Marrying an Indonesian Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LinkH View Post
    What dictionary did you get that definition of 'submit' in. I see 'submit' and 'tunduk' as pretty much the same thing. 'Submit' doesn't mean you abandon your own identity, etc. Not the way I use, and not the way most people who actually use the word in relation to marriage, who believe it has a place in marriage, use it.

subĀ·misĀ·sion /səbˈmiSHən/noun
    1. the action or fact of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person.

THAT, sir, is what I was talking about. You can't expect women to not flip the fuck out when they hear that word. After all we don't know what kind of submission the latter is expecting, demanding, or talking about. Good on you and these "most people" you're speaking of if it's not the way you and they use it.

Originally posted by LinkH View Post
    Let's say there were an imam at a mosque or someone else speaking at a mosque and you heard the message through the loudspeaker, and the speaker said that, and you heard it, and he was a stranger to you. Would you cuss him out like that? Or you could do some introspection and ask yourself if you are just being judgmental.

The role of an Imam is to lead the prayer btw. Let's get that one right. But yes, if it's a stranger, I'll still cuss him out. And yes, I can be judgmental. I have no problem admitting that. We, as humans, are all judgmental after all. It doesn't matter if it's a little bit, still the same thing.

Originally posted by LinkH View Post
    That's probably one of the reasons why western men end up with Asian women more than Asian men end up with western men. Some western men can be a bit chivalrous, too, opening doors and things like that. If the girls acts a bit demure and submissive, the man likes her femininity, and he seems gallant. That's probably one reason, and the fact that more men like to go abroad, and some western women can be quite tall.

I am not feminine. I am also not demure or submissive. In fact, that's the reason why my American exes were with me in the first place and also the reason I said I seem to get on well with them. My Indonesian exes seem to follow such, I dare say, outdated ideals and they were intimidated by my strength and independence.

It's funny how you advise me to ask myself if I was being judgmental and you went on with your assumption that Asian men rarely go for western women because they can be quite tall. Maybe you should go out and make new friends, broaden your horizon a little bit, not just canoodling with your likes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
      This just gets better and better. Now you are getting cultural information from a TV show that was made for entertainment, and using it as "evidence".

You couldn't make it up........
      What kind of evidence can I present? I don't have a survey of Indonesian women's preferences for height in a mate. But you can learn a lot about the differences between criteria from watching shows like this. Watch the US version of the show and you'll hear different answers. I found the Indonesian show kind of fascinating because the contestants and hosts keep talking about marriage or hinting at it. I don't think the show is complete scripted, so at least some of the women on the show at least say they are rejecting the men over their height. They could be being polite, but the fact that they say it indicates it's a somewhat acceptable answer.

But you live in Indonesia. Are you seriously going to tell me that you think that Indonesian women typically want shorter men than themselves? Can you tell me how many Indonesian couples you know where the woman is taller? I can't think of a single couple where this is the case. It seems like they are always the same height or the man is a bit taller. If the wife is taller, it's not noticeably so with the couples I've encountered over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phalange View Post
        Is that still on?
        I'm not sure. They've got episodes on YouTube from last year.

I hate to break it to you, but that's what I (some other Indonesian Women on here) have been telling you. We disagree, buddy.
        I learned that the topic was more of a sore spot with some Indonesian women than American women. I thought 'tunduk' might have less of a reaction than 'submit.' Be that as it may, I suspect the reaction would likely be worse with American women, on average, though that could vary greatly on whether you brought the topic up with a conservative Christian, or a radical feminist who had a degree in women's studies.

I still think Indonesian women are still, on average, more likely to be okay with the idea of men leading the home and be less offended with conversation that implies such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinkH View Post

But you live in Indonesia. Are you seriously going to tell me that you think that Indonesian women typically want shorter men than themselves? Can you tell me how many Indonesian couples you know where the woman is taller? I can't think of a single couple where this is the case. It seems like they are always the same height or the man is a bit taller. If the wife is taller, it's not noticeably so with the couples I've encountered over the years.
          No, I am not going to tell you that. I am going to tell you that if two humans are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together, something like height really does not matter. There are quite a few couples in this area where the husband and wife are the same height.

But no, I do not recall seeing any wives taller than husbands, actually I do not really see any women taller than men - because in general, men are taller than women.

Comment

• My sister in law is taller then her husband but then again, she doesn't fit your stereotypical individual you cast as normal here. Her daughter is taller then her husband also. I do have some nieces that married taller guys. Of course, the nieces are from 4 ft 6 to 4 ft 10. They didn't have a lot of choice on their husbands being taller. None of these nieces are blood though.
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• "Advantages to Marrying an Indonesian Woman, Low Divorce Rates, They Value Caring for the Home, Believe in Submitting to Their Husbands, Sexual Attitudes, Easy for Certain Expatriates to Marry"

Link I noticed you said you were a cherry until you got married and that's obviously why "Jongkok" is missing from your list above outlining the benefits of having an Asian wife. Asian women all Jongkok in bed (if you're lucky) whereas a white woman doesn't. When you're with a white woman it will be like normal cowgirl or normal reverse cowgirl, which is also very nice and all that but its only Asian women that actually do the CG and RCG whilst "jongkoking". Lets be honest guys have you ever had a white girl do that ?? I also hadn't until I came to Indonesia. Yes white girls all do the CG and RCG with high levels of enthusiasm and great skill, but its always on their knees and never on their feet. Which is why I have concluded that the sexual Jongkok is strictly the domain of the Asian woman.

I hope you don't mind me adding to your "advantages" list but I felt it was an important point that you had overlooked

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                "Link I noticed you said you were a cherry until you got married and that's obviously why "Jongkok" is missing from your list above outlining the benefits of having an Asian wife. Asian women all Jongkok in bed (if you're lucky) whereas a white woman doesn't. When you're with a white woman it will be like normal cowgirl or normal reverse cowgirl, which is also very nice and all that but its only Asian women that actually do the CG and RCG whilst "jongkoking". Lets be honest guys have you ever had a white girl do that ?? I also hadn't until I came to Indonesia. Yes white girls all do the CG and RCG with high levels of enthusiasm and great skill, but its always on their knees and never on their feet. Which is why I have concluded that the sexual Jongkok is strictly the domain of the Asian woman.

I hope you don't mind me adding to your "advantages" list but I felt it was an important point that you had overlooked
                What?? We're not supposed to Jongkok whilst doing CG/RCG? We can be on our knees? Man, I pulled a muscle once for Jongkoking too hard!
                Cheers,

Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Comment

• Takes me a while to picture it my mind Scoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                    Asian women all Jongkok in bed (if you're lucky) whereas a white woman doesn't.
                    Maybe you didn't ask those women nicely (or didn't ask at all) Scoot.....just sayin'

I know one (white) woman who couldn't "jongkok" to save her life, but she more than made it up in a couple other unmentionables, unrivaled by the Asian counterparts...

Damn, you make me feelin' nostalgic Scoot..

Comment

• I will have to say though...through observation, many women in general gravitate towards men who are taller than they are. At average height (US women) of 5'5-5'7", adding to that two inches heels...and the requirement of men needing to be 2-3 inches taller than they are...elimination process goes pretty quickly for men under 6' in the US.

Not saying ALL women are like that..and there are always quite a few exceptions.
                      Last edited by Banana72; 28-07-15, 20:45. Reason: Although...yes, if the woman 'jongkok' next to you...she will be not as tall......

Comment

• Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
                        I will have to say though...through observation, many women in general gravitate towards men who are taller than they are. At average height (US women) of 5'5-5'7",
                        What? The average height is less than 5'5". Five foot seven is still considered pretty darn tall for an American woman.

Not that it matters. My son's girlfriend is pissed off because she isn't taller than he is (she was for a while, but boys and girls progress through puberty at different rates). He doesn't care one way or the other.
                        Last edited by Puspawarna; 28-07-15, 20:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
                          ...elimination process goes pretty quickly for men under 6' in the US...
                          Unless they have got deep pockets then elimination process is going even quicker

Comment

• Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                            What? The average height is less than 5'5". Five foot seven is still considered pretty darn tall for an American woman.

Not that it matters. My son's girlfriend is pissed off because she isn't taller than he is (she was for a while, but boys and girls progress through puberty at different rates). He doesn't care one way or the other.
                            Dang I hung out around tall women then lol! (and yes it doesn't matter )

ETA: I just looked it up...data from 2007-2010...'average' height was 5'4"
                            Last edited by Banana72; 28-07-15, 22:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post
                              Unless they have got deep pockets then elimination process is going even quicker
                              Yep

Comment

• ^ With a suggestive nickname like " Banana 7.2” you might not need a deep pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X