Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vania~
    replied
    its been days, i feel like want to escape somewhere to work abroad far from my parents but not sure how, being a quarter century to parents esp. father that eager to have grandchildren isnt easy... i guess i should figure out how to get a full scholarship first

Leave a comment:

• sunflower20
    replied
    today i feel homesick, event i already made rendang, bakso to satisfy my homesick

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Homesick.- [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Because I no longer know where home is.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana].-Kings of convenience[/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Originally posted by Andwika89 View Post
    Feel like losing hope for the future.
    As Monty Python sang, "Always look on the bright side of life".

Leave a comment:

• Andwika89
    replied
    Feel like losing hope for the future.

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    64 hours (including 5 hours traffic jam from airport to kota wisata) breathing Indonesian air, and another 8 traffic hours in the car in 2 days. Suck!!
    Nice thing, now I'm on the way to airport CKG in my first time uber taxi, to bali, to visit apartment for the first time.
    This is also my first time in 10 years i visit Bali without my diving gear and stay in main tourist area.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    nothing sad johntap, just moving on to something new. :P My life have never been very stable!

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Sort of sad Philippe. But at least you have no gripes there.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Was a long time I didn't come here (the forum)... and find some stuff to read but nothing to answer or write about.
    I don't know if it's because I'm now out of Indonesia (despite bringing a part of it with me)... it just feel strange compare to all those year of multiple post per day.

Anyway, I will go back to my coffee and looking at this couple of blue jay making their nest in a tree on the land. Maybe today they get visit from the couple of cardinal.

Leave a comment:

• lorettev3
    replied
    Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
    I am feeling a bit shit to be honest.

Last week I was in Surabaya and visited a colleague at the place I used to work, whilst I was there I said hi to my old secretary who happily informed me that she was using my old laptop now and had found a bunch of photos on the laptop in some of the old archived files. I finished up my meeting and went back to her desk and enjoyed looking at some random old photos most of which had been either lost or I hadn't seen for years.

Amongst the early photos of my kids and other random work and family related stuff was a few photographs of me and an old girlfriend of mine. There was an old photograph from about 98/99 and we are standing together on the beach in the thousand islands. I dated her for a good few months and in that time I fell for her hook line and sinker, she was the first Indonesian girl I can say I honestly loved.

We had separated when I was forced to return to the UK for a few months not knowing if I was ever going to be able to return. I did eventually return and by the time I got back she was dating someone else who she went on to marry. Over the years we have stayed in touch via email nothing heavy or inappropriate, just a yearly mail to see how we were both doing in our respective lives. We both ended up happily married with kids and went on our separate life paths.

Armed with my new found photo of us on the beach I emailed her on the way back to the city and eagerly waited for a reply that didn't come. This was put down to her being busy with the kids or whatever so I wasn't really bothered however after a good few days back in Bali it was becoming a bit too long. Being nosey I decided to leave a message on her FB - and couldn't find her profile which had been completely removed. From there I did a web search on her full name and turned up a Berikut berduka cita memorial posting on FB from a woman I didn't know. Worried I left a message on her page with my phone number, another week went past and I had still heard nothing.

Last night the woman's husband contacted me, and we had a bit of a discussion as to the facts. Obviously I needed to be careful and he said he understood the delicacy of the situation. He asked to see the photo so as to confirm we were talking about the same person, the phone went quiet for a while and he then replied that he was very sorry to be the bearer of sad news and it was infact his wife's friend / my ex girlfriend. She had died 10 months earlier after losing a battle with lung cancer (ironically she didn't smoke) she was just 40 years old and leaves behind 2 young kids. She was buried in the traditional Muslim way in a family plot in a cemetery in Bekasi. He even sent me a picture of her grave and headstone, which hit me like a ton of bricks.

As you can imagine I am very shocked and saddened by the news, I even shed a tear or two over the fact I never actually told her just how much she had meant to me. Silly I know, but as big and tough as we all like to think we are, this really got to me, just such a shit ending for such a lovely woman, that's before you even consider the poor kids left without a mum.

So I feel very sad and melancholy today, it just seems so cruel and unfair.
    I know this was posted a month ago, but I nust wanted to give you the virtual hug anyway and tell you that you don'tsound stilly to me.
    Maybe you already did, but maybe you should make a visit to her rest place.
    Anyway, my condolences.

Leave a comment:

• queenTiara
    replied
    Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
    I will not quit my job just because not comfortable with my partner. you will find the same one or even worst in other company or other place - get to know what the problem and solve it.
    yes it's possible, I may find the same one or even worst in other companies, but I wouldn't know if it could be worse or better if I never try.. And I don't have any problem to solved with her, she's just a person who cannot respect your ideas, and I feel much pressure since I worked with her.. But thanks for your opinion btw
    I still work in my current company and still work with her, tho..

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
    I'd certainly approach them and say you'd love the job, but the salary offered wasn't adequate. Name what you do expect. At worse, they say no.
    I told the manager the reason I declined the job offer was because of the salary, and he replied that was the maximum salary they could offer.. so yeah, I didn't take that job and still looking for a better opportunity thanks for replying
    Last edited by queenTiara; 20-04-16, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Originally posted by queenTiara View Post
    I went to a job interview, and I got the job..I was exciting to work there, because the company and the office location are interesting.Before I applied, I read about the salary on the advertisement, it's a little bit higher than what I get from my current job..But after the interview, I was told that the salary is below that..it's IDR 100,000 lower than my current salary and with 30hours longer working per month..So basically salary per hour will be much lower than my current job..I really feel uncomfortable in current office because of my work partner. But unfortunately the offer didn't meet my expectation.So I just declined the job offer, and am still feeling sad about it. I have to accept the fact that I will still need to work with my work partner that really make me stressful..duhh duhh duhh..Hope to get a new job again with better offer..
    I'd certainly approach them and say you'd love the job, but the salary offered wasn't adequate. Name what you do expect. At worse, they say no.

Leave a comment:

• Andwika89
    replied
    is going to my bestfriend's wedding tomorrow. We grew up together, were were neighbours, went to the same high school. She's moving to USA with her (soon to be) husband. I feel like half of my soul is taken. I will definitely miss her... I can't express it with words, I'm just...sad... Then I realised that I'm already old and single. It makes me worried somehow, ha ha ha. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    I will not quit my job just because not comfortable with my partner. you will find the same one or even worst in other company or other place - get to know what the problem and solve it.

Leave a comment:

• queenTiara
    replied
    I went to a job interview, and I got the job..I was exciting to work there, because the company and the office location are interesting.Before I applied, I read about the salary on the advertisement, it's a little bit higher than what I get from my current job..But after the interview, I was told that the salary is below that..it's IDR 100,000 lower than my current salary and with 30hours longer working per month..So basically salary per hour will be much lower than my current job..I really feel uncomfortable in current office because of my work partner. But unfortunately the offer didn't meet my expectation.So I just declined the job offer, and am still feeling sad about it. I have to accept the fact that I will still need to work with my work partner that really make me stressful..duhh duhh duhh..Hope to get a new job again with better offer..

Leave a comment:

• macvert
    replied
    Today I've got a bad ear infection & am on the Antibiotics, all because I had decided to clean the inside of the cupboard under the kitchen sink & was laying on my back on the floor with my head & torso in the cupboard when I bumped the pipe from the sink which came apart at the "S" bend & covered my head in filthy scum, some of which went in my ear.

I told my wife that she shouldn't laugh & she said "I'm not", then I replied "but you've got a strange look on your face" & then she laughed.
    Last edited by macvert; 31-03-16, 19:06.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X