How are you today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PhilippeD
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 4550

    Bonne fin de semaine a tous

    Good week-end everyone

    ?? someone know how say that in bahasa?
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

    Comment

    • bad_azz
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 7175

      Hari libur no idea how to spell it though
      Last edited by bad_azz; 29-10-11, 15:35.
      Cicak Magnet

      Comment

      • babygirl
        Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1282

        the spelling is correct, BA...
        Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

        Comment

        • bad_azz
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 7175

          OOh thanks BG xxx


          Today I be in a very playful mood...

          Look out boys... here comes momma... hee hee hee
          Cicak Magnet

          Comment

          • ricky_id
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 3447

            Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
            Bonne fin de semaine a tous

            Good week-end everyone

            ?? someone know how say that in bahasa?
            We don't say something like that in Indonesian, Phil. Santai aja... If you insist though, "Selamat/'Mat malam Sabtu/Minggu" would suffice.

            Comment

            • PhilippeD
              Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 4550

              Originally posted by ricky_id View Post
              We don't say something like that in Indonesian, Phil. Santai aja... If you insist though, "Selamat/'Mat malam Sabtu/Minggu" would suffice.
              ?? tidak ada kata di bahasa untuk "week-end"???

              Always wonder why indonesian are so much more willing to fight each other than greeting each other!!
              La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

              Comment

              • Vie
                Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 997

                Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                ?? tidak ada kata di bahasa untuk "week-end"???

                Always wonder why indonesian are so much more willing to fight each other than greeting each other!!
                Philip, bahasa for weekend is " Malam minggu " and we greet each other of course, we like to say " Selamat Malam Mingguan !" or "Met Malam Mingguan !"
                I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.i'm just.. human

                Comment

                • ricky_id
                  Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 3447

                  Ada sih, well that's the malam sabtu/malam minggu stuff. But if somebody says to me, "Selamat malam minggu", that'll trigger the thought that he's been abroad for a while.

                  Comment

                  • PhilippeD
                    Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 4550

                    Originally posted by ricky_id View Post
                    Ada sih, well that's the malam sabtu/malam minggu stuff. But if somebody says to me, "Selamat malam minggu", that'll trigger the thought that he's been abroad for a while.
                    And you will be right, I have been abroad for 35 year!
                    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

                    Comment

                    • PhilippeD
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 4550

                      Originally posted by vie - yu View Post
                      Philip, bahasa for weekend is " Malam minggu " and we greet each other of course, we like to say " Selamat Malam Mingguan !" or "Met Malam Mingguan !"
                      I will try that next week end
                      La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

                      Comment

                      • babygirl
                        Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1282

                        Originally posted by ricky_id View Post
                        Ada sih, well that's the malam sabtu/malam minggu stuff. But if somebody says to me, "Selamat malam minggu", that'll trigger the thought that he's been abroad for a while.
                        me too.. we don't really use it.
                        Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

                        Comment

                        • babygirl
                          Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1282

                          how to translate 'have a good Sunday/ Monday/ ....'
                          Selamat berhari Minggu? Sounds weird. Selamat menikmati hari Minggu? too long :P
                          Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

                          Comment

                          • ricky_id
                            Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 3447

                            Repot!

                            Comment

                            • PhilippeD
                              Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 4550

                              How they do when they translate a movie or a book. What they say for "have nice week end"? Sampai jumpa??... the meaning is not same, with sapmai jumpa you don't wish to other to have a good time...

                              I keep on my idea, I will play the full bule and I will wish them a "selamat minggu"

                              I don't know why, always feel strange when I left for the week-end and I don't wish to other to have a good week end...


                              Even in french saying "Bon lundi" (selamat senin) sound strange, "bonne journée" (selamat hari) always sound good
                              Last edited by PhilippeD; 02-11-11, 07:48.
                              La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

                              Comment

                              • Snowy city
                                Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 951

                                Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                                How they do when they translate a movie or a book. What they say for "have nice week end"? Sampai jumpa??... the meaning is not same, with sapmai jumpa you don't wish to other to have a good time...

                                I keep on my idea, I will play the full bule and I will wish them a "selamat minggu"

                                I don't know why, always feel strange when I left for the week-end and I don't wish to other to have a good week end...


                                Even in french saying "Bon lundi" (selamat senin) sound strange, "bonne journée" (selamat hari) always sound good
                                have a nice weekend,I think it's Selamat berakhir pekan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X