Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alia
    replied
    My customers even more varies now. From anak sekolah to those employees berdasi who stop their cars.

Located in one of big and busy street has certainly a plus point for my Pondok Es to grow. Some people even suggested that I open a cafe instead. Lets see from there... Its too early to say now, but I'll be thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by Alia View Post
    Now that my drink counter at a mall had come to its due date rental, I was thinking to move out.

The rent is increasing about 10%, which is not balance with the income I’m getting and the expenses I needed to pay. So I moved my booth out and opened a small part of my front fence, install an awning and its been a week today we’re open. I added some other drinks and snacks, like es duren, takoyaki and others in which I’m happily report its been good responds from the customers. Some of them had known us from the mall, and been regular customers. I’m happy…
    How is your customer level? Similar than in the mall?
    Does it seem to want to grow?

I really hope for you it will go well

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
    Its not so hot today yay...
    Only one thing matters for me today, premier of the walking dead season 5!
    I liked the first, the second, on the third I start to lose interest... didn't see the end.

I'm not waiting for the 5th season... I'm waiting for the rain!

:P

Leave a comment:

• Alia
    replied
    Now that my drink counter at a mall had come to its due date rental, I was thinking to move out.

The rent is increasing about 10%, which is not balance with the income I’m getting and the expenses I needed to pay. So I moved my booth out and opened a small part of my front fence, install an awning and its been a week today we’re open. I added some other drinks and snacks, like es duren, takoyaki and others in which I’m happily report its been good responds from the customers. Some of them had known us from the mall, and been regular customers. I’m happy…

Leave a comment:

• Alia
    replied
    I shall waiting for the episode 1 of the Walking Dead tonight as well..!

Leave a comment:

• LittleMonster
    replied
    Its not so hot today yay...
    Only one thing matters for me today, premier of the walking dead season 5!

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
    So I got a text saying that it was 40C in jkt yesterday, oh ‎​ººÒÖÓºº really? I didn't realize it since I spent all day yesterday either in a car or aircon room. But now I am about to have lunch at a non aircon restaurant, maybe its 40C again today ‎​ººÒÖÓºº..so hot!
    I was thinking about said something about this too... Where is the rain season??

Officially, here in Kalimatan we don't have rain season, but still we have a effect of it, from the normal 2-3 hour of rain every 2 day, we have for a month less and less rain until the fatefull week without rain at all. which end up by a full week of rain over the next month will come back to the normal rain aver 2 day.
    That's is our dry & rain season for as much we can call that season over phenomenon and this habitually happen in september.

Like you can see, nature keep it balanced, the average is keep at a rain every 2 day.
    Now we are in the middle of october and still no rain, since the beginning of september it didn't have that much of rain, we have a four day in row with rain at the end of september (it almost drown my tomato plant) and we are back to no rain.
    More than a week without rain now! Where is the rain season.

I start to be affraid of how it will be when the balance will come back!

How is it in Jakarta?

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Robson View Post
    Hello Vania..

So what is your favorite coffee anyway? Sometimes i'm always wants to buy a coffee in the morning before i start my day and doing my daily task at the office but i never did it and as instead i usually did my "coffee time" after lunch or in the afternoon or after office hour.
    Not sure if you want have an opinion of other than Vania...
    Since I'm living in indonesia I have converted to local coffee, the one that you keep the grounded coffee inside the cup. Must not drink the bottom!!!

I use Kapal Api for my daily coffee, since a while I can't go back to "nescafe" and other similar product. I don't find them tasteful anymore.
    I good cup of bali, toraja, or the strong sumatera coffee is always well appreciated.

For the "save up the day" I have some individual packet of "ready mix" of Tora Bika duo (coffee & sugar/kopi & gula). I choose Tora Bika because it is the less sweet. All other brand are overly sweet to my taste.

Leave a comment:

• LittleMonster
    replied
    So I got a text saying that it was 40C in jkt yesterday, oh ‎​ººÒÖÓºº really? I didn't realize it since I spent all day yesterday either in a car or aircon room. But now I am about to have lunch at a non aircon restaurant, maybe its 40C again today ‎​ººÒÖÓºº..so hot!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Robson
    replied
    Originally posted by vania~ View Post
    ahh I get it Phil, but still.. my dossage of coffee is less than your dossage..
    I only drink half cup of coffee every morning on working days.. I dont really like the coffee in the office thats why I only drink half of the cup, I have no choice but I need to drink something to make me awake lol...
    Hello Vania..

So what is your favorite coffee anyway? Sometimes i'm always wants to buy a coffee in the morning before i start my day and doing my daily task at the office but i never did it and as instead i usually did my "coffee time" after lunch or in the afternoon or after office hour.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Robson
    replied
    Originally posted by greentea85 View Post
    I am having a quiet Saturday night, took a nap, created this account, replied to some job vacancy posts (fingers crossed!). Currently browsing this forum while watching videos on Youtube.
    Hello greentea 85.

From your name, i bet that you like greentea so much, am i right?

What are u doing for tonight? Do you have same activity exactly like you did on last Saturday night?

Anyway, have you found your dream job?

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    On my road we have road light with a orange tone. We have one nearby the house which give a light orange light in the bedroom.
    When I walk with the kid I often see light that turn off out of nowhere. Never understand the reason but quite happy our road light don't have this problem. Road can become so dark without the light.

Last week our road light broke. No more light and the bedroom is very dark at nigh, which I prefer for sleep... not my wife!
    When they finally repair the lamp some day ago we got a light that flick off.
    I have no idea of what they change, but now, EVERY time the AC in our room turn on (when the room become more hot than the temperature set) the road light turn off for turning on again 1 minute later

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Traveling with kid:

Recently I made a travel to Jakarta with my 2 kid (3½ and 2½ year old). The ride from Samarinda include a car ride to Balikpapan (2½h) the waiting for boarding and the plane ride to Jakarta (2h). The travel was a "on the last minute" style with the goal to make the Canadian citizenship of the kid... They required the kid to be present for start the process.

We left home at 4h in the morning for catch a plane at 8h.

My kid use water bottle with a straw. They have the advantage of avoiding catastrophe... but if you fill them with cold water and with time this water become at room temperature, the water will expanse a little. when you open the lid it give you a little fountain.
    In a plane it have pother physical law that have apply into the bottle... by getting altitude, the pressure becoming more low, the air inside the bottle become whit a higher pressure than the outside, on an half fill bottle the effect is "interesting"... a real bomb! it's like if you had compressed air inside the bottle.
    At first I didn't think about this at all, my kid ask me for drink water, I give her the bottle... and she got the surprise when she open it! The "fountain must have been of a 30cm high.
    I catch up fast the bottle and every other time before give the bottle to the kid I unscrew the cover first for balance the inside pressure.

When we arrive in Jakarta, both kid were totally exhausted. The older one got into deep sleep while the ride in taxi to the hotel. She start to dream and give us a couple of laugh alone mixed with sudden "want to fall" and trying to grab something. She does that all the way from the airport to the hotel nearby the Blok M.

After put the luggage at the hotel, take 2 second for breath we rush in to the Canadian embassy, the traffic was not so bad, we arrive there fast... for being told "yes, like your e-mail said we are open from 8 to 4, but unlike your e-mail said, we don't treat case after 12". It was somewhere around 2 pm, we go back to the hotel, take our dinner in a nearby mall and the first day was finish.

The next morning we take a taxi back to the embassy... the guy got totally lost, it take 3 time more time to reach the embassy and it's me who spot the building. Kind of strange to give instruction of where to go on a city you don't know at all.
    At the embassy the process was smooth and easy, my wife appreciate the difference with the Indonesian bureaucracy. She was so much expecting a lot of hassle and was surprise by how much simple it was. Give the form already fill with all the document, have them review for being sure everything is alright, pay the fee and go back home.
    Thing that put a smile to my wife and make her forget about the experience with the taxi. We definitively change of taxi driver (he was waiting for us and I agree to reduce the fee of the ride) and we head to Sea World.

The rest of the 2 more day we pass there were more relax. We enjoy meeting with friend, my wife meet her long time no see school friend and we bring the kid to KidZania.

I didn't learn it, but totally confirm it: If you want have a trip for relax don't travel with kid! It take me 2 week for fully come back from this travel.
    Anyway, I have never travel for relax. Traveling is for adventure, I have plenty of "working week" for recuperate from a travel.

Over all the travel goes quite well. The kid dind't got sick nor give us too much trouble. They love the different place we visit and ready to go back anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• vania~
    replied
    hahahah I make my own coffee too Phil! because i dont like the way they make my coffee, too much sugar.. so I make it my own and they can do other thing

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by vania~ View Post
    ahh I get it Phil, but still.. my dossage of coffee is less than your dossage..
    I only drink half cup of coffee every morning on working days.. I dont really like the coffee in the office thats why I only drink half of the cup, I have no choice but I need to drink something to make me awake lol...
    Yah, I understand you, me too I like when my coffee taste good... that's why I said "forget that" to the coffee they have at work and bring my own coffee.
    It also have the girl in the kitchen who is suppose to make the drink for us... I don't even want bother to have the trouble to explain them how to make my coffee, I know it won't work out good, I make it myself.

Like that I have MY coffee like I like it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X