Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jstar
    replied
    Wow, 22 inch?! Must be careful for the 'sleeping policeman' though...

Leave a comment:

• Alia
    replied
    Talking about cars..., I also just bought a brand new Fortuner last weak, a latest TRD Sportivo in silver metallic. Changed the ring and velg from 17 to a gorgeous 22 also the audio and cover jog. It is looking really good in the car port next to the old Kijang of my boss.

He said nothing when he came in though, I thought he will be asking this and that but not even a word.
    I guess he was jealous...

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
    Suburban, that is so huge! I would not like to have this in the road of samarinda!

But the engine....
    That's the reason we bought this car as our 2nd car. Our first car is brand new sedan. I always drive following the lane but people here (almost same as Jakarta Angkot) enjoy to push new car outside lane.

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    Originally posted by jstar View Post
    Ha, it's a monster. You will have quite some space. What's the price of gasoline over there?
    Indeed, huge car 2m wide 5.6 length, consume petrol 4 to 7 l/km, good thing petrol hear cheaper than Indonesia, less than rp. 5000 per liter.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    What the American car makers did not really get in the past, is that cars like these huge SUV's and Pickup up trucks, are better off with a big Diesel (turbo with injection) engine. The torque is amazing.
    Jstar, north america is not europe!
    Not same customer, not same cost of fuel...

Diesel have never been popular for a personal usage in contrary of europe.
    Even brand like volkswagen didn't want import their diesel engine for car.

Thing have change a little recently... But not that much.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    What the American car makers did not really get in the past, is that cars like these huge SUV's and Pickup up trucks, are better off with a big Diesel (turbo with injection) engine. The torque is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Suburban, that is so huge! I would not like to have this in the road of samarinda!

But the engine....

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Ha, it's a monster. You will have quite some space. What's the price of gasoline over there?

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    Are you serious? White is one of the most popular colors (for cars) in Asia, including Indonesia. Has been a long time. And worldwide white made it to the number one spot some time ago also (Audi has been pushing it a lot in western countries). It was unpopular because it was the cheap/free 'standard' color mainly used for vans, trucks and company cars without any options.

Black is not only an issue for absorbing the heat; it gets dirty very fast. Then silver or grey metallic are the best options. And red fades rather fast because of the sun.

But rather important: Black has the best resale value.
    just closed the deal today; not white, not black, but a blue Chevy Suburban, 5.3L, auto, 2003 but still very good condition, got it for Euro 1300 only - I don't care for resale value; may be after 4 years I'll left on the road site.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Do you want see something hilarious?

The last anime I got for my kid is kung fu panda 1 and 2
    Now a have a 3 year old who is trying very seriously to do kung fu.

What she try to imitate is in the begining of the second when the master play with a drop of water. She got the feet move and then turn her hand... Her very serious expression his very funny

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    I think it depends on region, PhilippeD. We've bought some Avanza in early 2010 and despite having chosen them all in black, I remember that they were on offer in several colors in my city, including white.

Addit:
    An "amusing" anecdote: the reason why we have chosen them in black, with very dark glasses, was because the main target for rental were pejabat going around with their mistress(es)...
    Does it make that long I am in indonesia????

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeD
    replied
    Tito, you need to click on "reply with quote" instead of "reply" for we can know of what you are talking about!

Leave a comment:

• Tito Arie Sandi
    replied
    Wow...that's coll

Leave a comment:

• Tito Arie Sandi
    replied
    Don't be sad..Probably your friend was having problems

Leave a comment:

• Tito Arie Sandi
    replied
    Bad traffic from Kuningan to PGC. Let's enjoy our trip because our family is waiting for us. God bless

Leave a comment:

Working...
X