Hello everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody

I'm new to this forum, so to introduce my self...

My name is Jacqueline, I am Australian and I am soon to make the move to live in Jakarta.

I am familiar with the city and have studied the language. I speak a basic level of Indonesian. I am planning to enrol in a language class once I am settled in as to improve my vocabulary.

If anyone has any advice on finding a language school or a tutor that would be great.

Regards,
    Jacqueline.

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you have prepared a lot better than I did to come here.
    I packed my bags and moved able only to say "thank you".

What are yu going to do over here?

Comment

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I think you will find it a place where people are friendly and very willing to help with any advice you may need.

Happy Christmas,

Ray
      When my wife wants my opinion, she gives it to me

Comment

Hello Mas and Deviray,

Good to hear from you both.

I am moving because I have just taken a job with an Indonesian media company.

At the moment I am still in Australia awaiting the approval of my Kitas. The company is taking care of this for the most part.

I am 24 and coming to Jakarta on my own. I am a single female but a confident person so don't expect to find the move too confronting, particularly because I have been to the city twice already.

Regards,
        Jacqueline

Comment

Hi Jacqueline,
          First off, just call me Ray As I said, people here are nice. You will have a good time here I think. Although I have not lived in Indonesia on a full time basis I have always found it so nice to be here, very relaxed etc. So, come over, have a good time and I'll probably see you around.

Take care,

Ray
          When my wife wants my opinion, she gives it to me

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
            I'm new to this forum, so to introduce my self...

My name is Jacqueline, I am Australian and I am soon to make the move to live in Jakarta.

I am familiar with the city and have studied the language. I speak a basic level of Indonesian. I am planning to enrol in a language class once I am settled in as to improve my vocabulary.

If anyone has any advice on finding a language school or a tutor that would be great.

Regards,
            Jacqueline.
            Hi Jacqueline,

Welcome to the Forum and soon welcome to Indonesia. (IALF)
            Indonesia Australia Language Foundation might be a choice for you. It's located in the Sentra Mulia building across the street from Pasar Festival on the ground floor. If you go there by appointment a teacher will give you an oral and written test to see what level you should be placed in.

If it's vocabulary you are after many members, Indonesian and English speakers said they learned a lot by learning songs. You could also begin writing down words in English that you don't know yet in Indonesian and start looking up their meanings online. 3 - 10 words a day would get you ahead in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
              I am moving because I have just taken a job with an Indonesian media company.
              Sounds like you are pretty well set up to come here and, because you have been before, not as many shocks as most newcomers.
              Best of luck with the new job.

Comment

Hi Jacqueline, welcome to the forum and here is the link to the website of the teaching organisation mentioned above.

http://www.ialf.edu/
                IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Hello Mate,

Welcome to Jakarta soon
                  Best Regards,
                  ryanwijaya.com/sketch

Comment

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes.

I'm still sitting around in Australia awaiting my kitas. I've been doing as much as I can online before the move but of course there are limits to this.

Anyhow, I look forward to making Jakarta home.

Jacqueline

Comment

Warm welcome to the forum & to Indonesia

Comment

Hi Jacqueline
                        I am also from Australia. Saya juga dari Australia.
                        I stay in Bali for one month every year.
                        Saya tinggal di Bali satu bulan setiap tahun.
                        Look I also have a basic understanding and have a lot of resources and can stear you towards some good stuff or we can chat like above to help each other
                        Anyway good luck
                        Regards
                        Mark

Comment

Welcome all newbies to the forum and the wonderful country of Indonesia!A true wonderland in this world!

where sometimes logic and science don't really apply....

Comment

Welcome Jacqueline!
                            Good luck with your kitas
                            Im a newbie in this forum too (hello everyone! ^^)
                            If you need a language exchange mate, I can help you ^^
                            If people say something bad against you, don’t be offended. Remember: "A dog doesn’t bark if he knows the person!"

Comment

hi jacqueline. hope you'll enjoy your time in indonesia. welcome
                              love is trembling happiness

Comment

Working...
                              X