Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all :)

Goodmorning,

I would like to introduce myself for a bit and I'm looking forward to hear from people sharing their experiences.
    I'm Mike, I'm 34 years old and currently working as a manager at an agricultural company in the Netherlands. At this moment I'm looking for job or investment opportunities on Java.

With kind regards,

Mike

welcome to the forum Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome.

Comment

What sort of investments you are interested in Mike?

Comment

I'm trying to find business opportunities in promising startup companies. Particularly companies that have ties with agriculture, ICT and tourism.

Comment

Any particular agriculture?

Comment

Well my current expertise is in growing vegetables. But it would be great if I could expand my horizon . Can I ask you what you do in everyday life?

Comment

In this climate I can only grow fungi.

Well okay, chillies and mangga too. But there are certain colder areas where they even grow 'boerenkool', 'spruitjes', 'bloemkool' and obviously strawberries. Even apples in Malang. There is a lot of import here though.

There should be more research into developing heat resistant versions of (good) apple, pear and cherry trees (real ones, not the jamblang you can buy in Mekar Sari). These are, not surprisingly, very expensive and often not even that good. The potential internal market here is huge.

Another potential business opportunity is export to Europe but fruit like Durian, Avocado and Manggo is honestly speaking, not on par with other ASEAN countries (or Australia). And if you're used to good quality apples I don't see you liking jambu. Terong Belanda and Sirsak could be other options.
                [FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1981 View Post
                  Well my current expertise is in growing vegetables. But it would be great if I could expand my horizon . Can I ask you what you do in everyday life?
                  Every time when I read about agriculture and investments those two words combined I always think of palm oil and vast farms in Sumatra.
                  In my everyday life I am working in textile business.

Comment

Thank you all for giving me some insight in this matter. In September I'll be going to Jogja for a few weeks, visiting my girlfriend and also making a plan for our future together. I am also hoping to gather more information then.

Comment

welcome! good luck for the job hunt
                      [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=tahoma]I'm glad to be back
                      [/FONT]
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X