Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. I'm new and eager to expand my network

Hi guys,

I lived in Canada for over 8 years since my early teens and move back home, and currently working at Sudirman area. I have been back for a few months, I hardly have any social life, except my coworker... Well you can say that I'm lonely, it's hard to find the right friend that click with you right away so hoping that I can meet up and be friends with some people here.

Cheers,
    Patzzivi

Welcome aboard Patzzivi. There has been a bit of discussion on the board from time to time about the trials of returning Indonesians adjusting to life back home after living in a Western environment. I am wondering if you feel that your 8 years in Canada has changed you? Are you seeing Jakarta in a light different that when you departed? Do you find it difficult to relate to your Indonesian peers?

Comment

Hi,

Have you checked out the Personals forum yet ? Most of the folk there seem to be genuine - as with anything on the Net, you just have to take most things with a grain of salt, but I dont see anyone talking about their yacht / Learjet / gold Rolex

Cheers,

estreeter

Comment

Originally posted by patzzivi View Post

Well you can say that I'm lonely, it's hard to find the right friend that click with you right away so hoping that I can meet up and be friends with some people here.
        Ciao Patzzivi

I also work in Sudirman and I was in Holland for 5 years before I came back. Jakarta is big and crowded but it can get pretty lonely here. Just like Once singing for Dewa in Kosong "Di dalam keramaian aku masih merasa sepi".

Luckily I went to university in Indonesia before I left and I managed to stay in touch with a few college buddies. We would occasionally do drinks on Friday, you are more than welcome to join us. If you are interested let me know via PM and I will let you know when we meet up next time.

Comment

Definitely, I believed not only I have changed, Jakarta is rapidly changing as well. As one of the most populated city in Asia, I see more and more poverty on the street and the inequality of race, gender, and religion that I have not seen before, especially the traffic! Since I went to Canada in my early teens, it was easy for me to adapt to the "Canadian way" and It makes me who I am now and I'm proud of it.
          In terms of my co-workers, I have the privileges to work close with my family members, so the adaptation in workplace is somewhat bearable.
          Thanks for commenting

Comment

Originally posted by Poffertjes View Post
            Ciao Patzzivi

I also work in Sudirman and I was in Holland for 5 years before I came back. Jakarta is big and crowded but it can get pretty lonely here. Just like Once singing for Dewa in Kosong "Di dalam keramaian aku masih merasa sepi".

Luckily I went to university in Indonesia before I left and I managed to stay in touch with a few college buddies. We would occasionally do drinks on Friday, you are more than welcome to join us. If you are interested let me know via PM and I will let you know when we meet up next time.
            Hi Poffertjes,

Yes, it is pretty hard to find buddies in Jakarta, I left Jakarta since SMA so I have lost contacts with my SMP friends, since it's so long ago. Yea of course, I would like to join you guys, I will PM you

Comment

hi patzzivi,
              I also work around Sudirman and by weekend, am running an underground restaurant with my husband, a Dutchman.
              too bad, you just missed last week's community gathering in EX.
              [COLOR=black]
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by patzzivi View Post
                As one of the most populated city in Asia, I see more and more poverty on the street and the inequality of race, gender, and religion that I have not seen before, especially the traffic!
                You see inequality in traffic? As far as traffic goes, i believe that's the only constant here...its freakin horrible all the time.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Soham View Post
                  You see inequality in traffic? As far as traffic goes, i believe that's the only constant here...its freakin horrible all the time.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
                  Ah, sorry It suppose to be a separate comment, as I remember Jakarta wasn't this jam-packed 8 years ago, there was some traffic but nowadays people don't even care about traffic light anymore (in some areas) and the motorcycle is just disorderly, there are everywhere, driving on the wrong side, on opposite directions... Guess, I just have to get use to it.... Anyways thanks for commenting...

Comment

Working...
                  X