Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a cool place to chill & hang out in Jakarta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a cool place to chill & hang out in Jakarta?

Hi Guys this forum seems to lively, I hope I can some pointers as a newby to find nice places to meet nice locals & expats & make new friends?

Depends where you are. If what you're looking for is outside Jakarta, I'm blind.

if you're in the city, just drop off to Kemang on Friday evening or saturday. Beware of the traffic though.
    [COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Maria always comes on the first comment haha..
      yeah she's right

Comment

Kemang

thanks for the advice, btw is there a particular place where expats in this forum hang out in Kemang?

Comment

Rooftop, Eastern Promise, Nu China (is it still there?)

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
            Rooftop, Eastern Promise, Nu China (is it still there?)
            I don't think that Nu China is still there. But now, there's Murphy's. He doesn't even state what sort of hang outs is he looking for.
            There are threads about community gathering, if the OP would only care to look.
            [COLOR=black]
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Wait, Nu China is gone? I just went there like last month! Well, there are still plenty of places in Kemang anyway. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by power13 View Post
                Wait, Nu China is gone? I just went there like last month! Well, there are still plenty of places in Kemang anyway. Have fun!
                Nu china is still there.. couple days ago i was at kemang and saw it's still there.. hmm birdie on tuesday night would be great, there's some an acoustic performance there, but lately i found out my fav band doesnt play there anymore, another band has taken over.. u can get very cold bintang..

Comment

or you can go around Kuningan. Like Liquid Exchange, Blue Grass, Aphrodite, SCBD Rooftops, Pasar festival, etc.
                  or you can check here http://www.jakarta100bars.com
                  wanna buy me a drink?

Comment

I can give you some advise : Aphrodite is in Klub Rasuna, Jl. HR Rasuna Said. It is where Rasuna apartment residence hang out there most of the time. It is sports bars, having more than 6 big screen tv and it is always show sports (any sports different sport on each tv), 80's music, except on Thursday abit live with house music and dj, food and drinks is affordable and taste beautiful. Most of all you are free from girl's bugging you! Also pool table. It is a place for those who wants to be a pro pool player if you not that good in pool dont try the pool! Everybody is pro there..

Loewys : Also in Kuningan, at Oakwood building precisely. It is bar and restaurant. I suggest you make a reservation if you would like to have dinner there, it is always busy and full, any day. Food and beverage is standard but pricey. You can meet some expats middle class up there, any citizens there, so maybe you can meet your friends there. However it is place for you and friends hang out or with girlfriend but if you come alone surely you can make a friends. Also, free of girls bugging!

BATS : Locates in Shangrila, basement. Food is worth it as they served big portion (western size of meals and pizza), drink is expensive as 5 stars hotels used to be, will be busy after 10, it is kind of pick up bar (ops sorry just to give proper pictures), but it is nice if you come after work, get your happy hours, no girls starts working yet, and live music is piano and soft one. After 10 you can have real party there with live band (new band there, hmmm ok lah), advice be careful with the girls who looks like very interest to you.. she maybe interest with your wallet.. LOL ops also you have to pay cover charge 150.000 for your first drink

RED SQUARE : Locates in Arcadia, Senayan Area, I dont think you can find friends there because it is discotheque kind of a place. It is tooo loud to talk. You just need to act there lol... You have to pay for cover charge hmm around 150.000 depends on the event there. Never ordered food there, but drink is cheap and worth it as they will put loads of vodka! lol... Full of lovely girls but as usual be careful with them.. LOL..

Oh Kemang, you can drop by at FeZ, bar and pub same concept like Aphrodite, sports bar with pool table. You can meet local expats lives there. No live band just nice place to hang out and chit chat as it is not so loud and free of girls bugging...

Eastern Promise, owns by Dutch I think the same owner of CaZbar (mega kuningan), lots of dutch for sure, nice dining area, food is hmm ok, beverage also ok, affordable, and they have like blues kind of live band before (as my friend steve used to play there), they have 3 different areas, bars, dining area, pools area, and on the back is the open air area with the stage for live band performance.

Others:
                    Vin+ also locates in Arcadia, very nice dine and wine ops sorry i dont see many expats there.
                    Corkscrew-wine places and pricey, not may expats but nice food.
                    JackRabbit and Immigrant is for teenage
                    Hard Rock is local teenage hang out place too but you can try..
                    Social house, Grand Indo, nice view, have open area look at the Bunderan HI, pricey, nice food, standard drink..

What else? Anybody?

Comment

Hey guys thank you for the tip,
                      I am looking for a place for to meet expats & locals to hang out for a couple of drinks & with the benefit of nice scenery "Attractive looking people".

Comment

@dannynusa31, define "attractive looking people"?

After three or four beers, everything seems attractive, don't you think?
                        [COLOR=black]
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

SOunds like block m is your type of place then.
                          [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

lol.....

Originally posted by jim69 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
                              Well said, jim69
                              [COLOR=black]
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X