Converting Kitas to Kitap in a different city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Kitas to Kitap in a different city

I'm a KITAS holder (mixed marriage), my KITAS expires in August.

I would like to convert it to a KITAP (or even renew the KITAS if it's easier)

My KITAS was done in Batam and my domicile is there.

I'm in the process of moving to Bali, would it be possible to just do the process in Bali? What would the process be for doing it in Bali vs just doing it in Batam?

I'm currently checking out Bali before making the move.

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by imcurious View Post
    (1) ...I would like to convert it to a KITAP (or even renew the KITAS if it's easier)

(2) ...would it be possible to just do the process in Bali? What would the process be for doing it in Bali vs just doing it in Batam?...

(1) If you do it youself , the workload is almost the same .

(2) You can do it in Batam or in Bali depending on the time you move , and in Bali only after you report the address change and your file is registerd in Bali .
    You can start the process 3 months before your KITAS expires .
    In either option you need to report your new address to Batam's Immigration , which if the process didn't change , you need to request Batam's Immigration to give you your file in order to bring to Bali's Immigration manually (maybe now it can be done digitally?) .

---------------------------------------------------

UU no.6 , year 2011
    Article 71
    Each foreigner residing in Indonesia shall:
    a. provide all necessary information regarding his/her identity and / or identity of his/her family, and report any changes in : civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsorship, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
    b...

Article 116
    Each foreigner who do not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to 25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).

Comment

Thank you for the response Marcus.

Would my wife need to change the address on her KTP, since she's my sponsor.

I'm pretty sure we can change our address online, I assumed this would be enough to notify the relevant authorities but your response is making me think otherwise.

If the process cant be done online, it might be easier to just do it in batam.

We didn't use a agent for my previous visas by the way, always on our own (me and my wife).

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by imcurious View Post
        (3) Would my wife need to change the address on her KTP, since she's my sponsor.

(4) I'm pretty sure we can change our address online, I assumed this would be enough to notify the relevant authorities but your response is making me think otherwise.

(3) Yes . Although Bali's Immigration may accept the old KK/KTP + Surat Pindah Domisili , it is always good to update all your documents as far as possible .

It is possible that you too need your own Surat Pindah Domisili because your Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal/SKTT is independent of your wife's KK/KTP .

(4) Anything you can do online would be easier . But for either the Immigration or Kantor Catatan Sipil , the processes are mostly still manual (I did recently for updating KK/KTP) . Who knows the Surat Pindah Domisili may be online dependent on the city , but the Immigration process looks like there is no change (see link below) .

-------------------------------------------------------

From https://www.imigrasi.go.id/en/2022/0...rta-syaratnya/ (Immigration's website)
        Title : How to Change Address Data at ITAS or ITAP along with the conditions (Fev 2022)

...One of the most inviting questions is regarding the change in address data at ITAS or ITAP and the conditions..."The first step for foreign guarantors who want to change their address at ITAS or ITAP is to carry out an exit move procedure at the immigration office in the old domicile area,"...
        The requirements that must be attached when submitting an exit move include: Application form for Change of Address; Sponsor's KK/KTP (photocopy); Guarantee Statement from Sponsor (stamped Rp. 10,000); Surat keterangan domisili , Passport + photocopies , KITAS , Akta Nikah/Buku Nikah...

The exit move process generally takes 3 (three) working days. After the process is complete, the applicant will receive immigration documents...

The next step is to take care of the entry move at the immigration office in the new domicile area. General requirements that need to be prepared are documents from the immigration office at the old domicile, Application for new Address Entry, Statement and Guarantee, Original Passport and Photocopy and Surat Keterangan Domicile of the new address...

Comment

Working...
        X