Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Indonesian Wife Sponsor While Still Abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Indonesian Wife Sponsor While Still Abroad?

Me(Australian citizen) and my wife of 20 years who l married in Indonesia ( Indonesian national ) want to go back to Bali to live eventually and soon--at the moment we have been living here in Australia for over ten years--she still has an identity card with a indo address--with the present visa requirements can she sponsor me thru the e-visa process( visa 211A ) while she is still in Australia. I did see the requirements for an Indonesian citizen on the indo visa site and it mentions something about her needing to be at least 6 months in Indonesia before applying---I did get in touch with the Indonesian Embassy in Australia and they told me that she can apply from with in Australia but l did not mention to them that she is a permanent Australian resident or how long she has been here. If anyone can clarify or give me an input about this situation , it will be a big help---we have been planning to go back for a few years now but the Covid situation has made it difficult.-------my name is Anthony.

Originally posted by anthonyr View Post
    (1) ...with the present visa requirements can she sponsor me thru the e-visa process( visa 211A ) while she is still in Australia ?

(2) I did see the requirements for an Indonesian citizen on the indo visa site and it mentions something about her needing to be at least 6 months in Indonesia before applying...

(1) The 211A Visa is a single entry Visit Visa (maximum 180 days) , I am not sure if its Social type (the most adequate for your case) is now allowed (the Business type is allowed) . Anyway I suggest you to request the 1 year Limited Stay Visa C317 .
    Until the next 17 (or 20) March your wife can stil sponsor you .

(2) This is what a new Regulation (in effect starting 17 or 20 of next month) states (see below) .
    I am not sure if your Indonesian wife does need to comply with this 6 months requirement , because this Regulation in my view does not clearly state if the "guarantee(s)" referred to in item (4) of the Article 2 is/are only about the financial guarantee(s) or what else .

The Law (about this subject - see below) is also not clear to me and the official explanation of its Article 63(4) is :"Provisions regarding guarantee(s) is/are not enforced because basically a husband or wife in a marriage is responsible for his/her spouse and/or children" .

-----------------------------------------------------

PerMen No. 36 Tahun 2021 About Immigration Sponsorship (valid starting 17 or 20 March 2022)
    Article 2
    (1) Foreigners residing in the Territory of Indonesia must have Sponsor(s) who guarantee(s) theirs existence when in Indonesia.
    (4) Provisions regarding guarantees do not apply to foreigners who are legally married to Indonesian citizens.
    (5) Foreigners as referred to in paragraph (4) are required to have a person in charge consisting of:
    a. husband or wife of Indonesian citizenship; or
    b. Indonesian : father or mother.

Article 4
    (2) An individual sponsor... must meet the following requirements:
    a. be at least 21 years old or married;
    b. reside in Indonesia for at least the last 6 months
    c. not being currently in a criminal justice process;
    d. not being listed in the immigration prevention list; and
    e. having a fixed income and/or sufficient active funds to guarantee the foreigner.

Article 6
    (2) The application (for an individual Sponsor)... is carried out enclosing the following requirements:
    a. application letter
    b. a statement of his/her ability to be responsible for : the existence and activities of the guaranteed foreigner, and his/her return to the country of origin if the foreigner violates the provisions of the legislation;
    c. KTP/Indonesian ID card or Indonesian passport
    d. NPWP/taxpayer identification number;
    e. proof of check account, savings book, or time deposit for the last 3 (three) months in the name of the sponsor of at least Rp100,000,000; and
    f. white background photo

------------------------------------------------------

UU no.6 Year 2011
    Article 63
    (1) A foreigner residing in ndonesia must have a Sponsor that guarantees his/her existence when in Indonesia.
    (2) the Sponsor is responsible for the existence and activities of the foreigner who lives in Indonesia and has the duty to report any change in civil status, immigration status, and address changes of the foreigner.
    (3) The Sponsor must pay the costs incurred to repatriate the foreigner or release the sponsorship when :
    a. the residence permit expires and / or
    b. the foreigner is subjecedt to Immigration Administrative Measures/Deportation.
    (4) The provision(s) concerning the guarantee(s) does(do) not apply to foreigners who are legally married with citizens of Indonesia.
    (5) ...

Comment

Thanks Marcus---I need to chew on things you said---basically l need to apply for the 211A visa before the 17 of March before the 6 months limit on my wife kicks in, that's if if this visa allows me to apply for a social visa--because l was intending to apply for a spouse visa or similar once l entered Indonesia on this visa----l will check out the C317 visa, l hope that does allow for my wife to be in Australia if l apply for it --talk to you soon again--cheers Anthony

Comment

...basically l need to apply for the 211A visa before the 17 of March before the 6 months limit on my wife kicks in, that's if if this visa allows me to apply for a social visa--because l was intending to apply for a spouse visa or similar once l entered Indonesia on this visa...

As I said , I suggest you to apply for the Limited Stay eVisa index C317 which will (directly) become an eITAS (the new version of KITAS) sponsored by your Indonesian wife .

Many years ago we were suggesting to apply for the Visit Visa index B211A (Social Cultural version) to later convert it into a KITAS , but nowadays it is easier to get the Limited Stay eVisa C317 (specific for foreigners married with Indonesians) . Anyway , from https://www.imigrasi.go.id/en/covid1...-0996c81e-7c59, it looks like the Social Cultural Visit Visa is not allowed now .

Notes :
        - Indonesians eVisa is applied online without the need o go to an Indonesian Embassy (but I guess you will need somebody to pay the fees in Indonesia) .
        - You need to be vaccinated (2 doses) to come to Indonesia

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html (Indonesian Visas/documents)

https://www.imigrasi.go.id/en/covid19/ (available Visa types , ..)

https://kemlu.go.id/bern/en/news/178...ebruary-2-2022 (Entering Indonesia , Feb 2022)

https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/register/index.xhtml (Sponsor Registration)

https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/ (apply for visa online)

https://soekarnohatta.imigrasi.go.id/download/ (Download forms , letters' example , and others)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marcus--Hope you are having a good day--I tried to do what you said and asked the Indonesian embassy in Australia ( Canberra ) can my wife sponsor me while she is still in Australia for the eVisa 317 to get clarification . The Protocol and Consular Section member ( I have her name and actual email ) wrote back and this is what she said. " With the current regulation, as the circumstances is evolving in Indonesia due to the Covid pandemic, the application must be submitted by a sponsor (a family member, a travel agent or a hotel ) staying in Indonesia. You may ask your wife's family member to submit on behalf of you and do the payment method that could only be made in Indonesia . " Seems like a lot of mucking about.

Obviously the regulation PerMen No. 36 Tahun 2021 About Immigration Sponsorship (valid starting 17 or 20 March 2022)
          Article 2 means nothing to them or the Consular member does not know the regulation or it was brought forward.

What I am thinking is once I have all the documents and requirements ready for the eVisa, I will try and let my wife register on line for the password and so forth to see if her sponsorship and registration is accepted . In my mind I still have to 17 of March to do this. Things may even change before then. This will take a day and then they should give a reason why if not accepted. I guess there is nothing to lose. Supposing by a miracle I can make the application I let a family member pay on her behalf and how is that done I am not sure.

You know Marcus--I personally think that the central government in Jakarta is not doing much to help the Balinese People or there economy. With countries like Thailand Vietnam and the like opening up to tourists with much less restrictions , its no wonder that Bali will lose out in the short term and long term. I hope I am wrong.

Anyhow have a good day, at the end of the day I will probably go on a tourist visa and apply for other visas when there. I can always go to Singapore and apply for visas from there if need be.

Regards Anthony

Comment

(a) ...Obviously the regulation PerMen No. 36 Tahun 2021...means nothing to them or the Consular member does not know the regulation or it was brought forward.

(b) ...I will try and let my wife register on line for the password and so forth to see if her sponsorship and registration is accepted ...This will take a day and then they should give a reason why if not accepted. I guess there is nothing to lose. Supposing by a miracle I can make the application I let a family member pay on her behalf and how is that done I am not sure.

(c) ...at the end of the day I will probably go on a tourist visa and apply for other visas when there...

(a) Unfortunately , in my view , in general Embassies of most countries do not help much . I guess you better ask through social media : Ditjen Imigrasi | Facebook , DitJen Imigrasi(@ditjen_imigrasi) / Twitter , ..

(b) I am almost sure you can get the Limited Stay Visa C317 / VITAS C317 , I hope you don't need a miracle .

But I guess the online system will not give you any reason for not accepting , it will probably not do the next step (by the way , this looks like how people do all software for online do-it-yourself systems , many times the best we get from the system is something like "ERROR NO.X" , and of course nobody tells what this error means).

(c) Up to now , only citizens of 19 countries can get Indonesian "Tourist" Visa (Australia is not included) . I guess many foreign tourists are entering Indonesia with "Business" Visa , which is illegal in my view (and very expensive because the visa agent will charge for the sponsorship too) .

Comment

e-VISA - Interactive Manual (Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi - 2020)
              Family Unification Limited Stay Visa Requirements (index C317)
              Foreigners who join their husband or wife Indonesian Citizens
              The main requirements, as follows:
              a. a letter of application/Surat Permohonan, from the husband or wife of an Indonesian citizen;
              b. copy of the foreigner's passport which is valid for at least 18 (eighteen) months;
              c. copy of marriage certificate or Buku Nikah;
              d. a certificate of proof of marriage reporting from the embassy from a foreigner and a photocopy of the marriage certificate or marriage book that has been
              translated into Indonesian by a sworn translator, except for English.
              e. proof of having at least US$1500 (one thousand five hundred American dollars); and

Additional requirements are mandatory during the COVID-19 pandemic, as follows:
              f. Health certificate containing information free from COVID-19 in English issued by the institution authorized by the government in their respective countries;
              g. Statement letter in English stating that you are willing to enter quarantine and/or treatment at your own expense at the quarantine facility or health service facilities determined by the government if the PCR examination by the Indonesian health authorities is carried out at the entrance to the country gives a positive (+) result, or there are clinical symptoms of COVID-19 according to health protocols and regulatory provisions;
              h. Statement letter willing to carry out health monitoring during the quarantine or isolation period independently in accordance with the health protocol and statutory provisions; and
              i. Proof of ownership of health insurance/travel insurance which includes health financing, and/or a statement of willingness pay independently if affected by COVID-19 while in Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
              X