Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Business Visa, do I have to rent the apartment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Business Visa, do I have to rent the apartment?

Hi, I will be in Jakarta for a few months on a business visa. I tried renting an apartment on Travelio, but it kept rejecting my credit card. In the end my Indonesian girlfriend booked the apartment, but she booked it under her name, not mine. 

My Question now is, will this be a problem (for the immigration)? Do I have to be the one who rents the apartment? Travelio didn’t ask for any document of me, no passport, nothing. Will I be properly registered if I’m staying in that apartment as a +1 to my girlfriend? Travelio said there’s “no special requirement for foreigners who stay”, but I’m not sure about that. In Thailand for example every landlord has to register the foreigner (TM30 or whatever the document is called).

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Johragio View Post
    (1) My Question now is, will this be a problem (for the immigration)?

(2) Do I have to be the one who rents the apartment?

(3) Travelio didn’t ask for any document of me, no passport, nothing. Will I be properly registered if I’m staying in that apartment as a +1 to my girlfriend? ...In Thailand for example every landlord has to register the foreigner...

(1) No , not if your concern is who rents the apartment .

(2) Only the one year Retirement Visa/KITAS requires its holder to rent or "buy" a house/apartment .

(3) Few years ago Indonesia had a similar Government rule . Not anymore (since 2013) , although this registration is still being (wrongly) required for holders of "resident" Visa/Stay Permit (KITAS/KITAP) who request Indonesian identity card .

But I don't know about the specific building administration rule . For example , a problem that you may face (I faced it myself) is that you may not be allowed to live there (not even for a single night) with your girlfriend . If this is important to you , I suggest you/your girlfriend ask the administration . This restriction was recently discussed by Legislators and I am not sure if it passed or not . If this restriction became a Government restriction as well , Immigration may deport you by not complying with the Government rule .

Comment

Working...
    X