How to obtain a study visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to obtain a study visa?

International students who want to pursue their education in Indonesia will have to get an Indonesia Student Visa. The Indonesian Student Visa is a comprehensive term, which includes several different permits and visas. In order to study in an Indonesian educational institution, international students have to obtain a study permit, an entrance visa, as well as a residence permit.

To receive an Indonesian student visa, you have to be accepted into an Indonesian university, get the letter of acceptance and then:
    • Apply for a Study Permit from the Indonesian Ministry of Education
    • Apply for an entry visa (VITAS) at the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your country
    • After arrival in Indonesia, change the VITAS into a KITAS (limited stay permit) at the Immigration Department
    • Get a Certificate of Police Registration Card
    • All of these things together make up the “Indonesia student visa”, since there is no one-application visa.

After you are accepted into the Indonesian educational institution, you have to apply for a Study Permit from the Ministry of Education in Indonesia. Since at this point, you may still be abroad, your university should help you with the application process and issue your certificate of acceptance. After the Ministry of Education issued the Study Permit, they will forward it to the Immigration Department Head Office in Jakarta, so they can issue your visa. The Immigration Department forwards the letter to the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate where you intend to apply for your entry visa (VITAS).

The documents you need when you apply for a Study Permit from the Ministry of Education include:
    • Three copies of your passport
    • A copy of the Recommendation Letter issued by your university
    • A copy of your Letter of Acceptance
    • The completed application form.
    • A Letter of Recommendation from the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your country of residence.
    • A copy of your academic transcript and records
    • Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
    • Two passport-sized photographs
    • A Letter of Financial Guarantee or a sponsorship certificate that proves you can cover your study and living expenses.
    • Health certificate

Could you tell us if this information above is from your own experience or did you copy/paste from somewhere (please tell us the link if so) ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Could you tell us if this information above is from your own experience or did you copy/paste from somewhere (please tell us the link if so) ?

Absolutely not. Whenever I present valuable information I make sure that I take the response from a credible source although I make sure that my readers and viewers also find a calming response to any seriousness that is on offer. Thus you will find much in there when looking for constructive feedback. But since it is about a serious issue pertaining to us and you, I consulted a website that gives valuable information regarding student visa and application criteria alongside the status. Thus here is the link below to the valuable information I have mentioned in my content.

Source: https://visaguide.world/asia/indonesia-visa/student/

Comment

Although the information from the link you did copy is not all imprecise , I suggest that interested people ask here of what are the options , required documents , ... , because rules change but many information are not updated quickly enough (for example the mentioned website still doesn't know that there is also Indonesian eVisa) .

Comment

Working...
        X