End of job contract before KITAS ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of job contract before KITAS ends

I would like to ask you for advice on a visa matter.
    • My current job contract in Indonesia ends in the middle of October and my employer decided not to extend it for another year.
    • My KITAS is going to expire in December.
    • During a goodbye meeting with my employer, I was informed by HR that as a gesture of goodwill they will not cancel my KITAS till the end of October, so I have time to travel a bit. Also, the company is not going to provide me with a flight ticket to home (Europe) because this is not part of the contract and they are not obligated by law to do it.
    • They recommended¬†buying a flight ticket on my own and leaving by the end of October.
    In the perfect scenario, I would like to stay till the end of November to relax and travel a bit. But coming back at the end of October is also ok.

I read about the need of obtaining EPO (Exit Permit Only) if I want to leave the country before KITAS expires in December. Is it applicable in my case? I wonder why my employer didn’t mention that at all … Do you think that there are any hidden bad intentions on the side of the employer ...

What should I do now? Just leave the country soon and don't bother about anything? Try to reach to the employer to discuss EPO? Can the employer terminate my KITAS without EPO?

Thanks for all help!

Originally posted by dereztygel View Post
    (1) ...the company is not going to provide me with a flight ticket to home (Europe) because ...they are not obligated by law to do it.

(2) I read about the need of obtaining EPO (Exit Permit Only) if I want to leave the country before KITAS expires ...Is it applicable in my case?

(3) I wonder why my employer didn’t mention that at all … Do you think that there are any hidden bad intentions on the side of the employer ...

(4) Just leave the country soon and don't bother about anything?

(5) Try to reach to the employer to discuss EPO?

(6) Can the employer terminate my KITAS without EPO?

(1) An ex-moderator of this Forum had the opinion that foreigners do have the right for the ticket back home by Law . I don't agree . See the related part of the Law below . Recently there was a revision of the Law , but I don't know if this part was revised (probably not , from the comments about the revision) .

(2) Yes , it is applicable , although it is not named EPO anymore . They stamp your passport with something like "RETURN OF IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT" (I almost can't read it clealy in my passport) .

(3) I don't believe there is any bad intention .

(4) Many had done that , but it is not recommendable . If you do that and come again to Indonesia , the officer at the airport may question the absence of the "EPO" (if you do , a least keep the HR's phone number for the Immigation to check with your employer if there were no wrong doing) .

(5) Yes , I think . Your employer will need your passport to request the "EPO" and Immigration will stamp the "RETURN OF IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT" including "Should leave RI Territory within 7 days" , I guess , from the date they stamped there with the officer's signature .

(6) Although not usual , I guess it is possible too .

------------------------------------------------------

UU no.13 Year 2003 (Indonesian Manpower Law)
    Article 48
    Employers who employ workers of foreign citizenship are under an obligation to repatriate the workers of foreign citizenship to their countries of origin after their employment comes to an end.

Comment

Working...
    X