Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-visa to Kitas to SKTT

Hello..
    I am an ex WNI wants to apply eVisa (penyatuan keluarga sponsored by my dad) to be able to enter Jakarta. I understand that I have to apply the eVisa and then in Jakarta I need to get Kitas and then SKTT. I have several questions:
    1. How long is the process to convert eVisa to Kitas in Immigration Jakarta?
    2.. I read it somewhere that after Kitas I need to get Surat pengantar from RT, and then Surat Keterangan Domisili from Kelurahan (not sure if I need to get surat keterangan baik from Police) and then I can apply for SKTT. Can you tell me how long is the process to get SKTT in Immigration office ?
    3. What happened if I need to leave Jakarta before I get Kitas?
    4. If I have Kitas on hand, when I want to leave Indonesia, do I need to apply for MERP? What happened if I don't apply for this document and instead next time when I want to go back to Jakarta I just use VoA?
    5. Can I use Kitas alone to get covid vaccine?

My apologies for many questions as I am very confused with the procedures.Thank you.

Originally posted by Aniexwni View Post
    1. How long is the process to convert eVisa to Kitas in Immigration Jakarta?

2.. I read it somewhere that after Kitas I need to get Surat pengantar from RT, and then Surat Keterangan Domisili from Kelurahan (not sure if I need to get surat keterangan baik from Police) and then I can apply for SKTT. Can you tell me how long is the process to get SKTT in Immigration office ?

3. What happened if I need to leave Jakarta before I get Kitas?

4. If I have Kitas on hand, when I want to leave Indonesia, do I need to apply for MERP? What happened if I don't apply for this document and instead next time when I want to go back to Jakarta I just use VoA?

5. Can I use Kitas alone to get covid vaccine?

1. Around 10 days .

2. SKTT is an Identification Card issued by the city's Government (Kantor Catatan Sipil) , not by Immigration . How long depend on each city's service , but maybe around 2 weeks . Each city has a little different procedures for it , but my city still requires a Surat Tanda Melapor (STM) from the Police (even it being not required anymore by the revised Immigration Regulation) . I guess both the Police and the city's Government are not aware of the Immigration Regulation revised in 2013 .

3. You lose everything , meaning you will have to start from zero again .

4. MERP is now automatically issued (no choice) together with the KITAS/e-ITAS . Its name is not MERP anymore , but instead "Re-entry Permit" simply .
    Later when/if you get a 5 years KITAP , it will also come mandatorily with a 2 years Re-entry Permit (as there is no 5 years version) , so after the 2 years you will have the choice to apply for a new one any time you want , or not apply at all . But you need a Re-entry Permit to return to Indonesia after a trip abroad . A visa-on-Arrival is not a solution for that because you cannot have 2 Stay Permits at the same time (the e-ITAS/KITAS is 1 Stay Permit and a VoA would turn into another Stay Permit) .

5. To get vaccinated by the Indonesian Government you will need the SKTT .

Comment

Thank you Marcus. It is really helpful.
      If I am an ex WNI, should I apply eVisa for penyatuan keluarga and sponsored by my parents or I should apply visa for ex WNI? Is it possible?

Comment

...If I am an ex WNI, should I apply eVisa for penyatuan keluarga and sponsored by my parents or I should apply visa for ex WNI? Is it possible?

According to the Regulation (PM no.26 Year 2020) , only 3 types of long term Visa are possible now : for investment , retirement , and for joining the family .

I guess you would not be considered eligible as Immigration sometimes call the ex-Indonesian Visa as "Repatriation Visa" (Visa Index 318) .

I guess that "joining the family" (Visa Index 317) would be : a foreign spouse joining the other spouse , or a foreign minor child joining one/both parents .

----------------------------------------------------

From Indonesian Embassy in Berne :
        - Family reunion with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 317);
        - Repatriation with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 318);

-----------------------------------------------------

Peraturan Menteri no.26 Tahun 2020
        Article 5
        (3) Temporary Stay Visa for the non-work activity as referred to in section (1) point b is granted to a foreigner for:
        a. a foreign investment;
        b. a family reunion;
        c. retirement travel.

Comment

Thank you Marcus.
          Is it possible to apply for this visa Family reunion with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 317) sponsored by my parents eventhough I am married to WNI and over 18 years old already? The reason why I don't want my husband to be a sponsor is because he lives with me here overseas and the address on his KTP/KK is way too far from my parent's home in Jakarta and hence it is difficult if I want to go to immigration office to arrange for Kitas.

Comment

(a) Is it possible to apply for this visa Family... (Index 317) sponsored by my parents...?

(b) ...The reason why I don't want my husband to be a sponsor is because he lives with me here overseas and the address on his KTP/KK is way too far from my parent's home in Jakarta and hence it is difficult if I want to go to immigration office to arrange for Kitas.

(a) No (in my view) .

(b) So for the Visa 317 your Indonesian husband can sponsor (I think it doesn't matter that he is with you outside Indonesia) .

The usual way would be you two go to his KTP's city and get the e-ITAS there if his KTP address is still valid , and later go to Jakarta (Immigration takes this address subject very seriously) .

But it may also be possible to get the e-ITAS in Jakarta (you better ask the Immigration Office responsible for the area where your parents live) . Maybe you will need to get a Surat Pindah from your husband city .

Comment

Thanks Marcus.
              If now I am sponsored by my spouse , stay in Indonesia for several months, go overseas and later in several years I want to repatriate back to Indonesia,can I change sponsor to my parents eg apply new Kitas based on visa 318 sponsored by my parents?

Comment

If now I am sponsored by my spouse , stay in Indonesia for several months, go overseas and later in several years I want to repatriate back to Indonesia,can I change sponsor to my parents eg apply new Kitas based on visa 318 sponsored by my parents?

Well , I guess that few years from now , Indonesia will allow Visa 318 again , so I see no problem .

But , I don't know if I understood well your question . Usually when we say "change sponsor" when you have a KITAS but want to chang its sponsor . This is sometimes possible but very uncommon , so not easy to get .

Comment

Thank you Marcus.
                  I am going to apply for e-ITAS but not sure if I have enough time or not since I will be staying in Indonesia for 5 weeks only. My question:
                  1. Since it's online now, do you know how long it need to get KITAS after we report to immigration?Will the original passport be hold in immigration while we are waiting for the process to get the KITAS email approval? I am afraid it there's PPKM when they hold my passport, I cannot go overseas.

2. After that, is it mandatory to apply for SKTP (KTP for ITAS) ? I think this will also be online. Do you know how long in average we can get it?

3. Since I don't plan to live in Indonesia but I need to go for urgent thing and the only way to get visa is through ITAS sponsored by spouse, say in the future, if the ITAS has expired, can I enter Indonesia again with Free Visa/Visa on Arrival? Will I have problem in immigration?

Sorry for many question, it's just I will have a short time in Indonesia so I need to carefully plan everything,
                  Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Comment

... I will be staying in Indonesia for 5 weeks only..
                    1. Since it's online now, do you know how long it need to get KITAS after we report to immigration?
                    1a. Will the original passport be hold in immigration while we are waiting for the process to get the KITAS email approval? ...

2. After that, is it mandatory to apply for SKTP (KTP for ITAS) ? ...Do you know how long in average we can get it?

3. ...if the ITAS has expired, can I enter Indonesia again with Free Visa/Visa on Arrival? Will I have problem in immigration?

1. I guess , around 10 days . Remember that you will have to stay 8 to 14 days (depending on the country you are now) in quarentine .
                    1a. Yes , because Immigration will stamp your passport ("LIMITED STAY & RE-ENTRY") .

2. The SKTT is required by Law , but I guess many foreigners don't request/get it because it is useless for many and the fine is small .

3. I guess there will be no problem , but it would be better if you bring a explanation letter from the sponsor (why you didn't cancel the ITAS before leaving Indonesia) .

-----------------------------------------

Since few days ago , Immigration gave us a signal that thinks is becoming easier now , so you should try to get a 60 days Visit Visa instead (Visa Index 211 , sponsored by your Indonesian husband) .

-----------------------------------------

From https://kemlu.go.id/singapore/en/rea...nt-information (Indonesian Embassy in Singapore)

...Last update: Wednesday, 15 September 2021

...foreigners from all foreign countries who enter Indonesia, either directly or transiting in a foreign country must show negative results through the RT-PCR test in the country of origin whose samples are taken within a maximum period of 72 hours before departure ...

install the PeduliLindungi mobile app on your device (iOS or Android):
                    https://pedulilindungi.id/...

Foreigners are required to show a COVID-19 vaccination card or certificate (physical or digital) as a requirement to enter Indonesia...

​Upon arrival, an RT-PCR retest was conducted for the traveler and are required to undergo mandatory quarantine for 8 or 14 days depending on the escalation Covid19 case of the country of origin...

Comment

Thank you Marcus.
                      About the visa211 sponsored by husband, I am a bit worried say if it is approved but since the regulation mentioned only for this visa with business purpose sponsored by company can get into indonesia,I will not be able to pass Indonesia immigration and have to go back overseas straightaway.

I wish immigration could look into this matter.Not all WNA especially ex WNI can stay long in Indonesia.We need to go there for some urgent/personal things and not for vacation during this pandemic,so if we have to apply for c317 and then lapor to get Kitas with a long/uncertain waiting time and not too mention if there is PPKM then we dont have passport and cannot travel back.

Comment

Working...
                      X