Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enter on APEC card - separate Visa required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expat_jason
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus View Post
     Do you mean that when you go back to your country , you will also get a forced quarentine there ?
    Yes - we have a lovely 2 week vacation in a hotel at our own expense

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by expat_jason View Post
    ...Reports from the other visa agent indicates that those who arrive with APEC are sent back home same day. That would put me in forced quarantine so not worth the risk.

Yes , better spend a little more than take the risk of being sent back .

If you enter Indonesia you will have to spend time in quarentine . Do you mean that when you go back to your country , you will also get a forced quarentine there ?

Leave a comment:

• expat_jason
    replied
    Do you mean that you got the Business Visa without complying to the b , c, and d item above ?
    no i had to get them

And did you get the Visa because you were afraid to not enter Indonesia using the APEC card ?
    back then, I don't think APEC was allowed.  not sure, but don't think so.  
    but now, correct - i will obtain a valid business visa since no one seems to know. 

apparently during covid - APEC is useless in Indonesia.  Even though the consulate has confirmed it's ok, immigration will make the call, and so consulate opinion is useless.  Reports from the other visa agent indicates that those who arrive with APEC are sent back home same day.  That would put me in forced quarantine.  so not worth the risk. 

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    ...however all that is a bit strange to me - As when I went in a few months ago, I was able to obtain a B211A business visa without issue. That, with negative PCR w/i 48 hours, allowed me hassle free entry...

Do you mean that you got the Business Visa without complying to the b , c, and d item above ?

And did you get the Visa because you were afraid to not enter Indonesia using the APEC card ?

Leave a comment:

• expat_jason
    replied
    If you don't get any information from Immigration , I suggest you to do the additional coronavirus related requirements for a Visa :

From the same Regulation above .
    Article 6
    (3) To obtain a Visa Approval from the Director-General of Immigration as referred to in section (2), a Sponsor must make an online application in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations and adding:
    a. a health certificate in English declaring a free from Covid-19 by a competent authority at their home country;
    b. a declaration letter in English consented to do a mandatory self-isolation or undertake a medical treatment at an accommodation or a designated health facility by the Indonesian government at the traveler’s own expense when a PCR check upon arrival by the health authority at ports of entry results in a positive with the Covid-19 or with symptoms in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
    c. a consent letter to be monitored during the quarantine or self-isolation in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
    d. health insurance or travel insurance covering medical expenses, and/or a declaration letter of medical treatment at own expenses, if contracted with the Covid-19 during their stay in Indonesia.
    Thanks for the info - however all that is a bit strange to me -

As when I went in a few months ago, I was able to obtain a B211A business visa without issue. That, with negative PCR w/i 48 hours, allowed me hassle free entry.

And so far, no response on either Messenger nor Twitter from them. I don't expect any either.... lol

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    If you don't get any information from Immigration , I suggest you to do the additional coronavirus related requirements for a Visa :

From the same Regulation above .
    Article 6
    (3) To obtain a Visa Approval from the Director-General of Immigration as referred to in section (2), a Sponsor must make an online application in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations and adding:
    a. a health certificate in English declaring a free from Covid-19 by a competent authority at their home country;
    b. a declaration letter in English consented to do a mandatory self-isolation or undertake a medical treatment at an accommodation or a designated health facility by the Indonesian government at the traveler’s own expense when a PCR check upon arrival by the health authority at ports of entry results in a positive with the Covid-19 or with symptoms in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
    c. a consent letter to be monitored during the quarantine or self-isolation in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
    d. health insurance or travel insurance covering medical expenses, and/or a declaration letter of medical treatment at own expenses, if contracted with the Covid-19 during their stay in Indonesia.

Leave a comment:

• expat_jason
    replied
    Wow, great info guys - thank you. Yes, I did see that Reg before - my normal agent is the one that says no need for separate business visa with apec - based on that. But another well known prominent (BV) does say he had 4 clients sent home at the border with just Apec! So..... hmmmmm I think better safe than sorry!

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    I am not sure about the present rule because I have not been reading the Immigration social media accounts , but around 2 months ago I did read an Indonesian Immigration Letter which informed that the REGULATION OF MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS NUMBER 26 OF 2020 (October 2020) was still valid (see below what it states about your case) .

But independently of this Regulation being in force , it shows (in my view) that even in this Covid-19 pandemic times you don't need an Indonesian Visa to enter Indonesia .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION
    Article 2
    (1) Foreign nationals holding a legal and valid Visa and/or Stay Permit will be allowed to enter the Indonesian Territory through designated Immigration Border Controls after undergoing the health protocol procedure.
    (2) The health protocol as referred to in section (1) is determined by the ministry or agency mitigating the Covid-19 outbreak.
    (3) Visa and/or Stay Permit as referred to in section (1) consist of:
    a. Official Visa;
    b. Diplomatic Visa;
    c. Visitor Visa;
    d. Temporary Stay Visa;
    e. Official Stay Permit;
    f. Diplomatic Stay Permit;
    g. Temporary Stay Permit; and
    h. Permanent Stay Permit.
    (4) In addition to foreign nationals holding Visa and/or Stay Permit as referred to in section (1), crew member arriving by their transports, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card holder and Traditional Border Crossing pass/card holder will be allowed to enter Indonesia.
    (5) Transport operators must ensure every passenger providing a valid declaration of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) with a Covid-19 negative result.
    (6) Designated Immigration Border Controls, as referred to in section (1), is determined by the Minister subject to the capability of local governments.

Article 3
    (1) Minister temporarily suspends to grant a Visitor Visa exemption and Visa on Arrival until the Covid-19 pandemic is declared over by the ministry or agency mitigating the Covid-19 outbreak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.imigrasi.go.id/info/abtc (APEC Business Travel Card / ABTC)

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    (1) ...Does anyone know?

(2) If not, can you direct me to the proper immigration agents in Jakarta - so I can ask them directly? I would prefer the highest Director of Immigration office that overseas the Jakarta airport where I will land. If I have something to show them on arrival from their own office - that would be best I think...

(1) I don't know .

(2) What they call "Director" stays in the main Office (Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi) . But I guess there is a chief of Immigration at the "BANDARA SOEKARNO - HATTA (TPI)" (International Airport in Jakarta) .

But from what we saw in this Forum , high rank officials probably cannot be contacted by phone or email , even low level officials are hard to take a call or answer an email .

I suggest you to contact Immigration through the social media accounts .

https://web.facebook.com/DitjenImigrasi/

DitJen Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) / Twitter

Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) • Instagram photos and videos

Leave a comment:

• Enter on APEC card - separate Visa required?

I have a valid APEC/ABTC card and used it to enter Indonesia pre-pandemic without separate visa (business or otherwise) without issue.
    I want to use it in 2021 July - some visa agents say according to current regulations a separate visa is now required, and some say a separate visa is not.

Does anyone know?

If not, can you direct me to the proper immigration agents in Jakarta - so I can ask them directly? I would prefer the highest Director of Immigration office that overseas the Jakarta airport where I will land. If I have something to show them on arrival from their own office - that would be best I think.

https://www.imigrasi.go.id/hubungi/kantor

That page seems to list all of them, but there are many many - and Jakarta many also - not sure which one.... and what is TPI vs non-TPI?

7 Jakarta:
    1 Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I Khusus
    BANDARA SOEKARNO - HATTA (TPI)
    JAKARTA BARAT (NON TPI)
    JAKARTA SELATAN (NON TPI)

2 Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I
    JAKARTA PUSAT (NON TPI)
    JAKARTA TIMUR (TPI)
    JAKARTA UTARA (TPI)
    TANJUNG PRIOK (TPI)

Working...
X