Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saltnpeppa
    replied
    Thank you Marcus for the information I really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Saltnpeppa , sorry , only now I understood your post no.19 above . I thought that "Note" was yours , now I see that it was my Note .

So see below the related part of the Law . As you see , it doesn't matter if the foreigner has a 2 years MERP .

-------------------------------------------

UU no.6 Tahun 2011
    Pasal 62
    (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap:
    a. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia;

Immigration Law no.6 Year 2011 (not the official translation)
    Article 62
    (1) A Permanent Stay Permit (KITAP) may be terminated if its holder :
    a. Goes abroad and does not return to Indonesia within 1 year ;

Leave a comment:

• saltnpeppa
    replied
    Thank you Marcus I really appreciate that.
    I have asked to the person in charge in Kanim Jakarta and he said that the rules still the same. The WNA can't stay out of Indonesia more than one year.

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Oh yes , the 1 year abroad limit is in the Law (Article 62 of UU no.6 Year 2011) and I think that the many Surat Edaran (Circular Letter) issued recently cannot change it . But due to this pandemic you better ask Immigration , who knows a waiver is available .

Leave a comment:

• saltnpeppa
    replied
    Thank you Marcus for your response, I will tell my friend just like you said, I think that is the best way to just come back to Indonesia before 1year.

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by saltnpeppa View Post
    (1)...Do you have a solid Undang - udang written for that?...

(2) Even your MERP is valid for 2 years?

Answers revised , please see post no.22 below .

Leave a comment:

• saltnpeppa
    replied
    [QUOTE=marcus;n860009]

Note : Remember that if you stayed abroad more than 1 year (continuously) , your KITAP is automatically cancelled,

Do you have a solid Undang - udang written for that? Please post it or links. Even your MERP is valid for 2 years? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Yulianafltcr
    replied
    Marcus, link for no.1 https://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html

About the contact, yes it just regular humas imigrasi. 
    And no, no one answer their social media.. and phone number they put at their website also didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by Yulianafltcr View Post
    (a) ...I was read the article from www.expat.co.id...

(b) Any advice who should I contact?

(a) The link you provided does not work .

(b) I thought you already got a contact there (you wrote above : "Sent email to humas Ditjen imigrasi, the answer is...") .
    The best way to do what you want is to ask somebdy to go there (a relative , friend , or a visa agent) . Or try through social media :
    Ditjen Imigrasi | Facebook
    DitJen Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) / Twitter
    Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) • Instagram photos and videos

Note : Could you please answer my question in (1) above ?

Leave a comment:

• Yulianafltcr
    replied
    Marcus, thank you for reply.

I was read the article from www.expat.co.id, it wrote :
    "Be aware that If the permit is going to expire while you are out of the country, you may lose your ITAS /ITAP if you don't take action. You would then have to go to an Indonesian embassy to apply for a new visa all over again (not another permit).  
    We have in the past understood that you cannot apply for an extension to your exit permit from abroad. However, consular offices abroad (in both embassies and consulates) may be able to assist you if you can provide the following, and IF they receive the approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta"

So this is what I'm trying to get, the approval from dirjen imigrasi.

‹Any advice who should I contact? 
    ?thank you.

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by Yulianafltcr View Post
    (1) ...Sent email to humas Ditjen imigrasi, the answer is no rules change, doesn't matter if covid number is pretty high . They advised us to apply for visa 317...

(2) So,... any better option we can take?

(3) Is it common to just send his passport to Indonesia to extend MERP without me, his sponsor?

(1) Sorry I don't understand what exactly happened between you and DitJen Imigrasi Jakarta . No rule change about getting the MERP in your situation ? And what is the rule , because I didn't see it in the Regulations that I know ?

(2) Well , your husband will not lose the KITAP just because of the MERP, but he will lose it if he does not return to Indonesia within 1 year (and obviously he cannot enter Indonesia without a valid MERP) .
    If you use to travel abroad frequently , keeping a KITAP is not always a good idea . So better options depend on what is your plan about where you will be in the future .

(3) I never saw any case . In this Forum I remember of only 1 case since 2008 , but the sponsor was in Indonesia .

Leave a comment:

• Yulianafltcr
    replied
    Halo I'm not sure should I make a new post or can I just ask here.
    We've almost same problem.

My husband had KITAP (sponsor istri) 4th year, but MERP will finish in September.
    Looking at situation right now, I don't think we'll going back to Indonesia very soon.
    Spoke with Embassy in Sydney, they advised to ask letter from Ditjen Imigrasi in Jakarta, than the embassy here will stamp the passport.
    Sent email to humas Ditjen imigrasi, the answer is no rules change, doesn't matter if covid number is pretty high . They advised us to apply for visa 317.

Well, we don't really want to loose KITAP.

So, back to our situation right now, any better option we can take? Is it common to just send his passport to Indonesia to extend MERP without me, his sponsor?

Thank you in advance.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by kresnanto View Post
    ...do you know if someone comes with that Limited Stay Visa then got a job offer from a company that willing to sponsor a work permit? Do you think that person needs to leave Indonesia in order to get their new visa then process the KITAS? ...

So with this VITAS 317 you will get the e-ITAS/KITAS sponsored by your Indonesian wife , with it some people have only added a Work Permit (now named "Notifikasi"/Notification) to work (without the need of the specific Work e-ITAS/KITAS) .

You better check that further at https://tka-online.kemnaker.go.id (Work Permit , Plan for Hiring Foreigners , ..) , and at your city's Kantor Imigrasi or Ditjen Imigrasi | Facebook , DitJen Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) / Twitter .

Leave a comment:

• kresnanto
    replied
    Thanks Marcus,
    I need to research this but looking at the https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/, it seems to be a pretty straightforward process. It just that I am not familiar with this Limited Stay Visa 317.

As a side topic, do you know if someone comes with that Limited Stay Visa then got a job offer from a company that willing to sponsor a work permit? Do you think that person needs to leave Indonesia in order to get their new visa then process the KITAS? or that person can stay inside Indonesia and continue with the process?

Leave a comment:

• marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by kresnanto View Post
    ...my only option is to enter as visitor in the future and re-apply for wife sponsored KITAP again.

If you want a KITAP as soon as possible , better come with a Limited Stay Visa index 317 , which will turn into an e-ITAS/KITAS within 30 days after you enter Indonesia (but must request) . Then you can stay around 1 year with the e-ITAS/KITAS or immediately request a KITAP .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X