KITAP Extension , How ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP Extension , How ?

Hello. About 5 years ago I had to apply for a Kitap and wanted to do it myself rather than use an agent. I asked for help with the process on this site and was very kindly advised how to go through it step by step. Now it is time for renewal and not only do I need help again with the process due to memory fade, I am uncertain as to whether the laws may have changed in some way.
    So, if it is possible , could anybody either point me in the direction of a guide to renewing my kitap or offer step by step guidance for the same.

grateful thanks in advance,

Barney

Originally posted by Barney View Post
    ... could anybody either point me in the direction of a guide to renewing my kitap or offer step by step guidance for the same...

The Law and Regulations didn't change , so basically the required documents are the same as when you did some 5 years ago . What did change is the introduction of the online request process (I don't know if Immigration also accepts requests in the old manner) . I guess the online was introduced to make it a bit easier for the requesters , so you could try there . Unfortunately we still don't have any case of KITAP here in the Forum , but you could use some information from case of KITAS from Visit Visa : http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...as-from-sosbud

I never did it online too , but we can probably do it together , like we did in the case above , if you don't mind .

------------------------------------

Barney , in your other post you said you are moving to UK , so be informed that it may not be worth to get the KITAP in your case , unless you do intend to come back to Indonesia soon .

Your KITAP may be canceled if you stay out of Indonesia for more than 1 year (for each trip abroad) . Besides you will have to (*)get another Re-entry Permit when the first 2 years one expires and you want to come to Indonesia , and each 5 years you need to "report" to your local Kantor Imigrasi .

(*) Fortunately it seems you may not need to come to Indonesia to get a new Re-entry Permit .
    Last edited by marcus; 01-06-19, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
    X