No announcement yet.

Return to Indonesia after exit w/o EPO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Indonesia after exit w/o EPO?

I don't know how much anyone can help with this, because my son has an unusual stay visa called a DINAS, as a dependent of his father who is employed on a USAID project supporting the ASEAN Secretariat. The DINAS visa is *somewhat* like a KITAS but is semi-diplomatic. Our son's DINAS expires in September 2016.

Anyway...he's leaving for college so we tried to get him an EPO, figuring he'll just re-enter Indonesia on a tourist visa when he comes to visit us during holidays. However, the process is bogged down. Here (with a few personally identifying details changed) is the story, in the words of the administrator from my husband's office:

[FONT=Calibri]Please be informed that until today EPO process for [Puspa's son] has not been finalized yet by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), and also by Ministry of State Secretariat. According to [agent] the request with attached letter and all related documentations has been sent and submitted to MOFA on June 3, 2016. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Since [Puspa's son] will be leaving on June 20th, and due to insufficient time to process EPO for Charlie [agent] said its okay for [son] to leave the country without EPO. But the ASEAN Secretariat will be informing to the Ministry of State Secretariat to discontinue of giving stay permit for [son] when it gets expired on September 18th, 2016. [Agent] said such condition quite often happened that ASEAN Secretariat did not process EPO for the foreign staff of ASEC until its expiration date.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]FYI, ASEAN Secretariat was also unable to help us in getting EPO for [a different person employed like my husband is]'s son when he left Indonesia in 2014.[/FONT]

Any thoughts on this? Should we say "oh well, no biggie", or worry that when our son tries to return in December and his visa expired in Sept but he has no EPO, he will be charged a gazillion rupiah in overstay fees?

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
    I don't know how much anyone can help with this, because my son has an unusual stay visa called a DINAS, as a dependent of his father who is employed on a USAID project supporting the ASEAN Secretariat. The DINAS visa is *somewhat* like a KITAS but is semi-diplomatic. Our son's DINAS expires in September 2016.

Anyway...he's leaving for college so we tried to get him an EPO, figuring he'll just re-enter Indonesia on a tourist visa when he comes to visit us during holidays. However, the process is bogged down. Here (with a few personally identifying details changed) is the story, in the words of the administrator from my husband's office:

Any thoughts on this? Should we say "oh well, no biggie", or worry that when our son tries to return in December and his visa expired in Sept but he has no EPO, he will be charged a gazillion rupiah in overstay fees?
    You can't be charged for an overstay when a permit has expired and you were not in the country posterior to the date of expiration (the exit stamp proving it).

I would be tempted to say "no biggie". However it would be wise to give back his Dinas card and any immigration document he would have to the office of issuance.

Comment

my KITAS/MERP expired while i was out of indo,I came back in on a sosbud visa then when I went to the imigration office they got me to fill out a form explaining return of old kitas etc. and that was that!.They only asked why i didn't extend my kitas and i told them i had an operation In Australia and unable to return..No problem

Comment

... Any thoughts on this? Should we say "oh well, no biggie", or worry that when our son tries to return in December and his visa expired in Sept but he has no EPO, he will be charged a gazillion rupiah in overstay fees?
        Well , Atlantis already said , overstay is not applicable .

But I was curious and took a look at the Law and one Regulation , and interestingly there is not much about the Dinas . The Law 6/2011 mentions MERP only for KITAS and KITAP . No mention of when the Dinas is canceled/invalidated in that Law neither in PP 31/2013 . But in Article 83 of PP 31/2013 it states there are Dinas for single entry and multiple entry , so I think that in case it is a single entry , it is automatically canceled when its holder leaves Indonesia .
        Last edited by marcus; 14-06-16, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
          But I was curious and took a look at the Law and one Regulation , and interestingly there is not much about the Dinas . The Law 6/2011...
          This is because Depkumham (which Imigrasi is part of) have little control over it. Dinas issuance is controlled by Deplu (though it is done through Imigrasi) and therefore it is in their regulations that one should look to have a better idea of the beast.

Comment

Just to update the thread - our son got his passport back today with his EPO in it, so we are now all set. Luckily, we will not personally discover what happens if you leave Indonesia with a DINAS but no EPO and try to come back after the DINAS expires.

Comment

Glad it worked out Puspa. Nothing worse than having doubts hanging over your head while you are trying to enjoy yourself. Have a good holiday!!

Comment

Just to update the thread - our son got his passport back today with his EPO in it, so we are now all set. Luckily, we will not personally discover what happens if you leave Indonesia with a DINAS but no EPO and try to come back after the DINAS expires.
                Awwwww, we wanted some airport intrigue and drama!
                Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Working...
                X