Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried to apply working holiday visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naughtygab
    replied
    based on my friends experiences, there are 2 ways you can think of
    1. go low. means you go to the country, as tourist perhaps, and start to find some job available and take whatever is offered. by doing this you might end up having to start from scratch. like baby sitter, waitress etc.
    2. work on something you are really good at, make a good reputation of your work , and try to market your product internationally. this might take longer time, but by doing this, how much you will earn wont be an issue.

IMO, it would be much better if you try to think about your fashion career and other capability. there are a lot of fashion designer from Indonesia who are now famous outside indonesia. and they live abroad now. you cant expect things come instantly.

Leave a comment:

• vania~
    replied
    yeah

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Originally posted by vania~ View Post
    yes Jaime, i did browsing over the internet to find infos.. but the job that available are mostly for high school graduated and not all country accept Indonesian to have working holiday in there,
    and yeah true, ive heard things about sex or human trafficking.. like the girls in red light district in Amsterdam, some of them thought about to be professional dancer but ended up in there
    That's why it's good to have local friends and family to see if the job is genuine.

Leave a comment:

• vania~
    replied
    yes Jaime, i did browsing over the internet to find infos.. but the job that available are mostly for high school graduated and not all country accept Indonesian to have working holiday in there,
    and yeah true, ive heard things about sex or human trafficking.. like the girls in red light district in Amsterdam, some of them thought about to be professional dancer but ended up in there

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Originally posted by vania~ View Post
    yes, i have diploma int'l from Esmod Jakarta. yeah, my english isnt so great but im trying to be positive anyaway
    That's a good start. I'd say to go for it. Being close to friends and family can be a big help.

Just make sure it's reputable place, and not some sort of sex trafficking deal. I've heard too many horror stories.

Leave a comment:

• vania~
    replied
    yes, i have diploma int'l from Esmod Jakarta. yeah, my english isnt so great but im trying to be positive anyway
    Last edited by vania~; 20-05-16, 15:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Do you have a degree in fashion? Language skills might need more work for those countries.

Leave a comment:

• vania~
    replied
    i prefer European country such as Netherlands, Germany or Belgium because i have friends and family there
    i speak English and Indonesian, im 26, i studied fashion design

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    I think you need to be a bit more specific what countries you're considering.

I'm somewhat familiar with Australia. What's your age, college degrees, and language skills?

Leave a comment:

• has anyone tried to apply working holiday visa?

im Indonesian, been working here for almost 4 years and i found its interesting to work and holiday outside Indo, but still not sure what country i want to go.. and im not sure how much i will get if im working out there, can i survive from the money etc. and my English isnt that great

anyone has any experience?
Working...
X