Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export motorcycle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Export motorcycle

    Anyone know if it is possible to send a motorcycle that is purchased here, back to Australia?

    Obviously, the bike is not in my name, but want to know how I would go about getting it into my name (if possible) and sending it on a boat home.

    Also the possible cost involved would be great.

    Thanks guys and gals.

  • #2
    Originally posted by TheJester View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to send a motorcycle that is purchased here, back to Australia?

    Obviously, the bike is not in my name, but want to know how I would go about getting it into my name (if possible) and sending it on a boat home.

    Also the possible cost involved would be great.

    Thanks guys and gals.
    Anything is possible, I imagine, but if you can legally import it you would not only be up for import duty of course but more difficult would be the process of registering it for use back home. I know that in Victoria for example Vic Roads would just about pull it apart to see if it all complies with Aus safety standards etc, not to mention Customs ripping it apart looking for illicit substances...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Talk about bringing coconuts to the coast, firewood to the forest...

      Comment


      • #4
        Stupid me never even thought of how Oz would treat it! I was only concerned if Indonesia would let it go.

        I will try and make some enquiries in Oz as to the possibility of it getting in there.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheJester View Post
          Stupid me never even thought of how Oz would treat it! I was only concerned if Indonesia would let it go.

          I will try and make some enquiries in Oz as to the possibility of it getting in there.

          Thanks.
          I export scooters all the time mate PM me and i will be happy to take care of it for you.

          Comment


          • #6
            There you go. There is always someone around to help you out, even if you want to ship coal to Newcastle. Scooter-man has added a new facet to this gem of a forum.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post

              I export scooters all the time mate PM me and i will be happy to take care of it for you.
              Hi i also wanna export a scooter can you help me

              Comment


              • #8
                Piagio001 , I think Scooterindo was joking , he probably didn't/don't export scooters . Anyway , Scooterindo has not been in this Forum anymore .

                I don't know much about the subject , but I guess many countries don't allow import of used motorcycles (my country does not allow) , so for you to export one , you have to check if the receiving country allows that too .
                Last edited by marcus; 28-02-18, 08:37.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My country (Netherlands) allow scooters from other countries so that’s not the problem.
                  More important is the rules for export a motorcycle too Europe.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know , but I guess you can find out by searching the internet for something like : cara mengekspor barang bekas . You can use Google Translate if necessary .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not quite the same, but similar themed post. Anyone in this forum knows of a contact who would be able to help me export an FJ Land Cruiser from Jakarta to Singapore?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X