No announcement yet.

STEPS & PROCEDURES applying KITAS for foreign wife to live in Indonesia [HELP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEPS & PROCEDURES applying KITAS for foreign wife to live in Indonesia [HELP]

Hi all,

My name is Gary, currently living in Jakarta Barat (Puri Indah housing complex) . Would like your help on proceeding KITAS applications for my wife (Malaysian). We have done the first step with the help of 'reception' staff at Kantor Imigrasi Pusat at Jl Rasuna Said named Bp. S***o... by giving him Rp 850.000 (express service fees) which is now I'm a bit regretful.

How ever, after giving Bp. S***o his service fees amazingly all the documents are ready in half day instead of 4 - 7 days ... now my wife already went back from collecting the so called VITAS stamped on her PASSPORT from Indonesian Consulate General Office and she's now have re-entered Jakarta again last night 29 Sept 2011. But the VITAS had been stamped "USED" ... I assumed now she have 7 days to make 'laporan' to all related departments concerned.

I have some questions needed to asked : 1. Have we done the first step correctly ? 2. What are our next step to obtained KITAS ? 3. How much actually I have to paid now that I have done the first step ?

Is there a step-by-step procedure in this forum or somewhere else in the internet because I couldn't find one and we all know the beurocracy in Indonesia is confusing ... even for me as Indonesian.

Much appreciate if anyone could guide us through with less involvement of 'agents' .

Thank you and regards,

Gary L.
    Last edited by g-lie; 30-09-11, 17:50.

Last edited by nickie; 30-09-11, 17:59.
    [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

Originally posted by g-lie View Post
      (A) ...the VITAS had been stamped "USED" ... I assumed now she have 7 days to make 'laporan' to all related departments concerned.

1. Have we done the first step correctly ?

2. What are our next step to obtained KITAS ?

3. How much actually I have to paid now that I have done the first step ?

(A) I don't know about the details of a VITAS , but , yes , you have 7 days to continue the KITAS process at the immigration office designated for Jakarta Barat .

1. Bribing was not correct for sure . I think that at Imigrasi Pusat you should pay only the fee for the VITAS authorization which they send to the Embassy you chose by telex , or fax ,.. (about Rp30k ?) .

2. You need to go to the Jakarta Barat's Kantor Imigrasi within 7 days after your wife entered Indonesia . The procedures & required documents are probably similar to the conversion of a Visit Visa/Social Cultural (Sosbud Visa) to KITAS (see examples below) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , posts no. 246/247 (my case)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...obi-Needs-Help , see post no.9 to understand how to apply the above examples to your case - it is probably only a difference in the order of the 3 immigration offices to be visited .

3. I suppose you don't need to pay anything more as your wife already paid around USD100 for the VITAS at the Embassy .
      Last edited by marcus; 02-10-11, 10:20.

Comment

Thanks a lot Nickie & Marcus for the information ,....

Comment

@Marcus :
          You seems to understand a lot of Indonesia Immigration procedures then me .... .
          I would like to ask you some question , soo... my next step now is to report ASAP to Immigration Jakarta Barat on my wife's arrival in Jakarta right ?
          * Is there any forms or letters we need to fill up or prepared ?
          * Do they provide the forms or letters at Immigration Jakarta Barat ?
          * Will there be any 'fees' we needed to pay ?

Thanks again Marcus
          Last edited by g-lie; 01-10-11, 20:31.

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Tried to PM you but seems like your inbox is exceeding its quota already .... so here's my other questions...

I see you posted the samples of Surat Permohonan at KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian wife Thread.

Would you mind sending me again the draft for both "Surat Permohonan ITAS & Surat Sponsor (Suami) ? I do not have the draft due to my wife's VITAS was done by 'Bp S****o (KanIm Pusat reception staff) from the beginning until my wife collected her VITAS at KJRI - Sabah , Borneo... (initially he offers his help by saying he could speed up the process with Rp 850.000) at the time we really needed to speed up the process because my wife's visiting period is almost up.

Now I would like to proceed the next process until I can obtained my wife's KITAS without any help from agents or staff anymore.

This Monday morning I will go to Kantor Immigrasi Jakarta Barat to apply for my wife ITAS then KITAS at the same day (if possible)... wish me luck brothers & sisters ! I will shared the full report when all have been completed and obtained ....

Comment

Originally posted by g-lie View Post
              (1) .., soo... my next step now is to report ASAP to Immigration Jakarta Barat on my wife's arrival in Jakarta right ?

(2) Is there any forms or letters we need to fill up or prepared ?

(3) Do they provide the forms or letters at Immigration Jakarta Barat ?

(4) Will there be any 'fees' we needed to pay ?

(5) Would you mind sending me again the draft for both "Surat Permohonan ITAS & Surat Sponsor (Suami) ? I do not have the draft due to my wife's VITAS was done by 'Bp S****o (KanIm Pusat reception staff)...

(6) This Monday morning I will go to Kantor Immigrasi Jakarta Barat to apply for my wife ITAS then KITAS at the same day (if possible)...
              (1) More precisely , you have 7 days to continue the KITAS process (considering the VITAS as the first phase of it) , at the immigration office designated to your KTP's address (I said Jakarta Barat before supposing your KTP's address is in Jakarta Barat) .

(2) As I said , I don't know the details by starting the KITAS process by a VITAS . I believe you will need to provide the same documents I provided for "Sosbud Visa to KITAS" , except that you will request the forms package for "a new ITAS" , instead of forms package for "convertion of Visa Kunjungan to ITAS" (see the reference I gave you in post no.3 above) .

(3) Any city's (not province or main offices) immigration office can provide you the forms .

(4) Fee for a folder , 2 Rp6.000 stamps , and photocopies . See my example at post no.3 .

(5) All you need is already mentioned in my example at post no.3 .
              Surat Permohonan ITAS = Surat Sponsor
              The other "Surat Permintaan dan Jaminan" is provided with the forms package , and you just need to fill it up with your personal data (black ink pen) . By the way , you don't need to specify your income (leave it blank) at the item "Penghasilan setahun" .

(6) ITAS process = KITAS process .
              KITAS means Kartu ITAS (ITAS card) .
              Last edited by marcus; 02-10-11, 11:08.

Comment

@Marcus

Thanks a lot sir ...

Comment

Working...
                X