Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ask] help me! Marry a german citizen

Hey all,
    I'm going to marrying a German citizen February next month in Indonesia, he is a police. I'm still confused how the way the management letters to the KUA (he's already convert to muslim). Because he can't come to Indo just for affairs for the documment which he needed here* now he about to get converted a letter and documents for my visa guarantee for gemany

1. can you give me an info for step to step to get the marriage document and all the thing so?
    2. where to go ?
    3. is that possible to get all the document for only 1 month ??
    and
    4. how much cost at all ?

thanks and cheers
    Last edited by dydhydy; 09-01-11, 15:50.

i think you should just go to the KUA and ask the information about it, and also to the German ambassador about documents you needed. Im sorry cant help you enough.

Comment

Try having at look on the sister site here. You may find what you are looking for http://expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
      The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingchez View Post
        Try having at look on the sister site here. You may find what you are looking for http://expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
        ohhh thankyou so muchhhh

Comment

Hi,
          I am a German citizen, frequently coming to Indonesia. I have no personal experience in German-Indonesian marriage procedures (yet).

But a close friend of mine (German) just married his Indonesian spouse. I followed their paperwork for the last few months, and it did not seem to go that quick.
          Not to scare you, but just to advise you to go to the German Embassy as soon as possible, if you are really planning a wedding in February.

While you are there, make sure you get all information about the visa as well (probably "Familienzusammenführungsvisum").
          As it seems that you are planning to move to Germany with your spouse after the marriage, you might also have to consider the (mandatory) German language test for that. Classes and test are offered at Goethe Institut, not at the embassy.

All the best to you two!

Comment

I would suggest :

a) Read what is required at the reference given by Travellingchez above (make a copy of the list of the required documents) : http://expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html

b) With the above list in hand , ask your KUA for their list of requirements , compare the requirements and ask about any document you didn't understand or didn't know how to get it .
            Ask KUA if they can give you a reference for a sworn translator ( in my case , KUA took my foreign documents in English , and KUA took care of the translation to bahasa Indonesia and later charged me for that (Rp75k per page) .

c) You check or ask your future husband to check what his Embassy in Jakarta say about marrying in Indonesia . There is a document that KUA (in my case) named "Izin Kawin dari Embassy" and some call it "No Impediment to Marry" or "Permit to marry" , which is a proof he is not married . In my case , my Embassy didn't help , I had to bring an equivalent document from my country .

d) If KUA doesn't offer to sworn translate your foreign documents , contact a sworn translator (cheaper in Indonesia) and ask him/her if it is possible to e-mail him/her the documents and he/she translates them before your future husband comes here .

e) Submit the documents at KUA and select a date to marry . My father-in-law paid RP1 Juta for the marriage , but a poster said the official price is only Rp30k .

f) If one day you intend to own land/house in Indonesia , you two go to an Indonesian notary , before the marriage , to make a prenup/separated wealth , "Perjanjian Pra-Nika/Pisah Harta" or equivalent . Its cost start from around Rp500.000 . ---------------------------------------------------------

Other references :

http://www.expat.or.id/info/familylaw.html

http://www.expat.or.id/info/marriage...lications.html

http://www.expat.or.id/info/prenuptialagreement.html

Last edited by marcus; 30-01-20, 07:22.

Comment

dhydhydhyyyyyy first of all congrats to you! its such a big step for 18 years old girl to step into a marriage life, and I admire your guts girl well (as far as I remember, I dunno if its legit), firstly your fiance to get a paper (from his government) stated / declared that he's eligable to marrying his spouse and he bring that paper to you and you can use it to finalize your marriage ceremony at the KUA anyhow, selamat menempuh hidup baru!
              If people say something bad against you, don’t be offended. Remember: "A dog doesn’t bark if he knows the person!"

Comment

Ya Vin, I too a bit surprised to hear the news from our youngest member. Its a huge step indeed.

But however, Congrats Dhy..! Sorry for cant help about your questions though, I hope you will get the answers from the links provided above. Marcus really reliable for such issues.

Btw, is that you and him in the photo ? How sweet ...!!
                Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  I would suggest :
                  c) You check or ask your future husband to check what his Embassy in Jakarta say about marrying in Indonesia . There is a document that KUA (in my case) named "Izin dari Embassy" and some call it "No Impediment to Marry" or "Permit to marry" , which is a proof he is not married . In my case , my Embassy don't help , I had to bring an equivalent document from my country . Here is the Embassy's website :
                  http://www.jakarta.diplo.de/Vertretu...tartseite.html
                  The document Marcus is referring to is called an "Ehefähigkeitszeugnis" in German. Your future husband should get it in Germany, not from the embassy.
                  Getting this might involve a few documents from you as well, as this paper is not meant for him generally only, but for him marrying you.
                  I just checked my local German government website for these things, they request people to phone them as the need for documents might be different according to the country of origin of the non-German spouse.
                  Last edited by Mas Mana; 09-01-11, 06:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas Mana View Post
                    Hi,
                    I am a German citizen, frequently coming to Indonesia. I have no personal experience in German-Indonesian marriage procedures (yet).
                    Originally posted by marcus View Post
                    I would suggest :
                    a) Read what is required at the reference given by Travellingchez above (make a copy of the list of the required documents) :
                    http://expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
                    b) With the above list in hand , ask your KUA for their list of requirements , compare the requirements and ask about any
                    ohhhh tausand danke mas nana & marcus!!!!! i'm just visited the embassy today, droped the document ( same as you wrote "Ehefähigkeitszeugnis"), but the visa will takes more longer i hope that i can get my visa as sooner .. just need to translate and after that i just go directly to KUA to get the date for the wedding .. so i will call my husband being tonight and telling him to send me the insurance document etc etc to get my visa thank's alot cheers ( Ps. can i just pass out the test ?? :P)

Originally posted by vin.vierge View Post
                    dhydhydhyyyyyy first of all congrats to you!
                    Originally posted by Alia View Post
                    Ya Vin, I too a bit surprised
                    oh heyyy thanks Vin and Alia
                    i feel the same , the way I'm just 18 and he only 20
                    well, where to send the invitation by the way ??

Comment

On that language test:
                      If you want to live permanently with your husband in Germany (= more than the normal 3 month visa), you will most likely need a language certificate for A1 (first level) proficiency in German to show it to the embassy when you apply for that visa. Otherwise he can only invite you for a 3 month stay in the beginning, after which you will have to leave the European Union again, and then apply for the permanent visa (I think the term is "Ehegattennachzug") to re-enter at a later point in time.

Maybe your husband can look up that law in German, it is called "2. Änderungsgesetz zum Zuwanderungsgesetz" (28.8.2007).
                      I have never seen much information about it concerning German-Indonesian marriages, but it seems that the German-Thai community is pretty active and very critical on that topic on internet forums.

The Goethe Institut Jakarta has a web site on language classes, in Indonesian:
                      http://www.goethe.de/ins/id/jak/lrn/skb/idindex.htm
                      Classes, tests, prices, dates.

They are located fairly close to the German Embassy, so you might want to go there as well and ask directly for info on their language courses for an A1 certificate. My friends wife did not find any way around it, although I heard rumors that an Indonesian university degree in sastra Jerman might be accepted instead of Deutsch A1 certificate.
                      No, seriously, you will probably need it. But as I see from your post above, you have already started to learn his language :-)
                      Last edited by Mas Mana; 11-01-11, 04:33.

Comment

Originally posted by dydhydy View Post
                        oh heyyy thanks Vin and Alia
                        i feel the same , the way I'm just 18 and he only 20
                        well, where to send the invitation by the way ??
                        ahh young love... reminds me of the marriage proposal I got from my 23 yo yankee ex offcourse at that time I wasnt mentally prepared so two thumbs for you!
                        you can make a marriage invitation here on the forum
                        If people say something bad against you, don’t be offended. Remember: "A dog doesn’t bark if he knows the person!"

Comment

No, seriously, you will probably need it. But as I see from your post above, you have already started to learn his language :-)
                          Oh mas manaaa, its sound so complicated but danke I'll check that trhu because I probably need it, yes I need it but I don't think that I will take my degree for it cuz I'm now with my economic major
                          But emmm do you know, how long my visa will accepted (tourist visa) my husband being sent me kinda letter of insurance about me.. What's that about?? He told me that if I give them this letter maybe they will get accept it more faster but I realy have no idea about it :-s
                          Can I get my visa more faster? I mean I'm just too lazy to come so often to the embassy cuz its actually takes like 2 hours driving and how ??
                          Can you give me a tips to get my visa more faster mas manaaaaa?? because we need to pick a place what I like to live in germany before his office send him to the places so we need to hurry.. Danke danke danke lol

Ps. Oupss sorry, it should be tausend not tausand, ahaahah my bad

Comment

Wow, your German language skills are improving with every posting ;-)
                            Sorry, I do not know about those visa regulations and how long issuing a visa takes in Jakarta, can't help you there.
                            Thanks for clarifying the planned visa status (tourist visa), though.

AFAIK, the health insurance papers for you are mandatory or at least highly recommended for this type of visa. Otherwise your husband would have to guarantee for all expenses in case you needed medical service while in Germany - which could be a lot in this system. So for all I know, these insurance papers would be normal part of the visa process. They are not making the visa process any faster, they are basics for it. Hm, can I put this into more positive words?
                            Yes: Hey, great that you already got the insurance papers, as these should help to avoid further delay in getting your visa ;-)

Sorry about confusing you with things like that A1 language test, I thought you were already applying for a permanent residence visa to ikut suami. You should not need this document for the tourist visa that you are applying for right now. My apologies for this misunderstanding!
                            Last edited by Mas Mana; 12-01-11, 00:26.

Comment

Sorry about confusing you with things like that A1 language test, I thought you were already applying for a permanent residence visa to ikut suami.
                              You should not need this document for the tourist visa that you are applying for right now. My apologies for this misunderstanding!

Nooo you helped me as well danke again ?? Haha terima kasih
                              Yeah because we don't have much time to take all the document, we just need to hurry ( no reason why, but we are hurry lol) haha
                              My future husband mama will give an extra insurance if I need to make it faster and so but thought that 1 insurance letter quite helpin for sure
                              But well I'm just too lazy to ask them because its takes like 3 weeks after applied means that I should come over again to embassy beside my plan for my wedding party and all the thing that I'll make it with his mama I just don't want to think about the document no more :-s
                              But danke, I will just call the embassy

Terimakasih mas manaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                              X