No announcement yet.

KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a bundle Atlantis, seems like you never fail to be so resourceful...

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    I've quickly written you a simple one... Ask your wife to correct any possible grammatical mistake. Fill the blanks with your data.

Comment

Hi All,

I just want to share my experience in going about my KITAS application...

Monday: Went to Kanim Jakarta Pusat at Kemayoran to submit application. (No Fees collected)
      1) Submit application with the documents (photocopies) below;
      a) Surat Permohonan alih status dari Izin Kunjungan ke Izin Tinggal
      (Request letter to convert Sosbud visa to an ITAS)
      b) KTP isteri (Wife's KTP)
      c) Wife's Kartu Keluarga (Wife's Family census card)
      d) Buku Nikah (Marriage book)
      e) Passport
      Tuesday: Collected letter from Kanim Jakarta Pusat for KanWil and Subdit Alih Status (No Fees)
      Wednesday: Submitted letter from Kanim JakPus to Jakarta KanWil in the morning and collected letter from Kanwil to Subdit Alih Status after lunch. (No fees YET.)
      Submitted all letters to Subdit Alih Status at Jln HR Rasuna Said and met with Pak 'R.S'.... Was told to include Birth Certificate of my children and of a 'fee'. When asked 'How much?' They reply was... 'Later....'

Will update more....

Anyone knows how much is the 'Fee' at Subdit Alih Status?

Comment

Originally posted by tingkap View Post
        Hi All,

I just want to share my experience in going about my KITAS application...

Monday: Went to Kanim Jakarta Pusat at Kemayoran to submit application. (No Fees collected)
        1) Submit application with the documents (photocopies) below;
        a) Surat Permohonan alih status dari Izin Kunjungan ke Izin Tinggal
        (Request letter to convert Sosbud visa to an ITAS)
        b) KTP isteri (Wife's KTP)
        c) Wife's Kartu Keluarga (Wife's Family census card)
        d) Buku Nikah (Marriage book)
        e) Passport
        Tuesday: Collected letter from Kanim Jakarta Pusat for KanWil and Subdit Alih Status (No Fees)
        Wednesday: Submitted letter from Kanim JakPus to Jakarta KanWil in the morning and collected letter from Kanwil to Subdit Alih Status after lunch. (No fees YET.)
        Submitted all letters to Subdit Alih Status at Jln HR Rasuna Said and met with Pak 'R.S'.... Was told to include Birth Certificate of my children and of a 'fee'. When asked 'How much?' They reply was... 'Later....'

Will update more....

Obviously, whatever he thinks he can extort from you...
        IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Originally posted by omdafyd View Post
          As far as I know it is the latest information...
          I'm sure Atlantis would have updated it if required.
          There is in fact a newer set of fees lited in the Peraturan Pemerintah nomor 38 tahun 2009 but NO CHANGE/INCREASE have been done on KITAS/Sosbud fees. A KITAS is still IDR 700.000 for the whole procedure, to be paid at the Kanim upon issuance of it. Strictly nothing has to be paid at the different offices in between the application at the KanIm and the issuance of the KITAS. The KanWil and/or the Subdit Alih Status are not authorised to collect any fees in the procedure.

Pak "R.S"... How funny. Last time I've met him was a funny one. He invited me to enter his office, close the door and was obviously waiting for money. He tried to "intimidate" me by just ignoring me, acting as if I wasn't in the office, and from time to time just staring at me without saying anything. I just kept smiling, saying nothing myself but showing him that I was confortable with the silence. After ten or fifteen minutes of this little game, he declared that he was tired, put his feet on the desk, and started to take a nap... I just told him in Indonesian that it was such a good idea, asked politily to remove a few paper from his desk, crossed my arms on the desk and put my head in it as if I also wanted to take a nap. I could hardly refrain from smiling when I saw the surprise on his face. In less than a minute he then signed all the documents, with no fee asked and told me to get out of the office.
          As I said earlier, no fees should be paid.

Comment

Hi Atlantis,

I just got my Surat Keputusan DitJen just now... Apparently, my file was kept by Pak R.S. in his office while waiting for 'additional documents' from me. Last week, I dropped by to submit 'additional documents' and as he was not in office Ibu H, helped me to locate my file in his office and sent my file on the process route.

Anyhow, I went to pick up my SK just now, met up with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal with the help of the wife's family member (who I happen to share my experience with). Happen to see Pak R.S. before seeing the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal. He doesn't seem too happy to see me.

During the meeting with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal, learnt that Pak R.S. will soon be transferred out. Ibu H then delivered my SK after the meeting with the Kasubdit and all is well....

Comment

age consideration for KITAS approval?

Hi Atlantis,

I just got my Surat Keputusan DitJen just now... Apparently, my file was kept by Pak R.S. in his office while waiting for 'additional documents' from me. Last week, I dropped by to submit 'additional documents' and as he was not in office Ibu H, helped me to locate my file in his office and sent my file on the process route.

Anyhow, I went to pick up my SK just now, met up with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal with the help of the wife's family member (who I happen to share my experience with). Happen to see Pak R.S. before seeing the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal. He doesn't seem too happy to see me.

During the meeting with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal, learnt that Pak R.S. will soon be transferred out. Ibu H then delivered my SK after the meeting with the Kasubdit and all is well....
              Tingkap & others with recent KITAS experience,

Was this meeting with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal the interview part of the application process?

I ask because today my wife & I visited the KanIm in North Jakarta to follow up on my request for a 1st extension on the Sosbud. While eating lunch at a nearby restaurant, one of the KanIm officals recognized my wife and asked if i am her husband. A friendly conversation proceeded with another offical joining in. My wife took the opportunity to ask about the KITAS application process. A point was made by both these officials that I will experience a difficult interview based on my age (36) and why I am not currently working in or out of the nation, instead being sponsored by my pregnant wife. My wife stated that we have sufficient savings to live on, although she will continue her work during the pregnancy, and we have money invested in a few small businesses in Indonesia (the officials reminded us that I cannot be involved with those ) - not lucrative enough to justify a working permit sponsorship for me. After hearing this, both officials stood by their previous comments about my potential KITAS interview.

Can anyone confirm the validity of the comments by these officials or provide any other insight? In my search of this forum, and specifically of this thread, I found a couple of posts that stated that age is not an issue with the KITAS application but I have not read any posts about the "interview" experience.

Thanks,
              Andy
              [COLOR=#0000ff]"The earth is one country and mankind its citizens."
              What if we begin to view each other as part of one human family?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by all4ywh View Post
                Tingkap & others with recent KITAS experience,

Was this meeting with the Kasubdit Izin Tinggal the interview part of the application process?

I ask because today my wife & I visited the KanIm in North Jakarta to follow up on my request for a 1st extension on the Sosbud. While eating lunch at a nearby restaurant, one of the KanIm officals recognized my wife and asked if i am her husband. A friendly conversation proceeded with another offical joining in. My wife took the opportunity to ask about the KITAS application process. A point was made by both these officials that I will experience a difficult interview based on my age (36) and why I am not currently working in or out of the nation, instead being sponsored by my pregnant wife. My wife stated that we have sufficient savings to live on, although she will continue her work during the pregnancy, and we have money invested in a few small businesses in Indonesia (the officials reminded us that I cannot be involved with those ) - not lucrative enough to justify a working permit sponsorship for me. After hearing this, both officials stood by their previous comments about my potential KITAS interview.

Can anyone confirm the validity of the comments by these officials or provide any other insight? In my search of this forum, and specifically of this thread, I found a couple of posts that stated that age is not an issue with the KITAS application but I have not read any posts about the "interview" experience.

Thanks,
                Andy
                Andy, as far as I'm concerned and I strongly suspect my opinion would be backed up by Atlantis, they are just trying it on. I am not aware of any age related criteria with regard to obtaining a KITAS.
                You are legally entitled by Law to obtain a KITAS providing you can prove you will have enough funds to support yourselves.
                Be very careful with this issue if you are in any way involved with the business's, this is just the ammunition they need to extort you to the max, not to mention possible deportation and being blacklisted for a period of time.
                IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Don't worry and be confident... There is no age factor in obtaining a KITAS... The 'interviews' are mainly to check whether the required documents are intact. Although some officials may cook up some tricks in order to make you believe that you really need their help.

From my own recent experience, I was not asked for a single document to prove whether or not I have any or enough funds but I was only asked verbally on that.

Anyway, some people just don't get it that it is possible to survive without work. Like one official who still insist that its better for me to get a company/association sponsored visa instead. I just told him that I want to be on a wife sponsored KITAS first and will be looking around for legal work later.

Comment

[QUOTE=omdafyd;50146]
                    Andy, as far as I'm concerned and I strongly suspect my opinion would be backed up by Atlantis, they are just trying it on. I am not aware of any age related criteria with regard to obtaining a KITAS. You are legally entitled by Law to obtain a KITAS providing you can prove you will have enough funds to support yourselves.
                    yes Om, this would be the initial conclusion based on the participating parties in the conversation. However, the reason for my post is that it was a surprisingly genuine conversation, especially between my wife and the female official, with the official commenting that it would be quite disheartening to get the KITAS process going and then be rejected at the interview. The female official concluded by saying that i should restart my employment search (she cunningly remarked that an English teaching job should be no problem...fyi, i have been down that path already here and the contract was amicably desolved early as i have no desire to work in that occupation) or we should pursue a working permit sponsorship by one my wife's businesses - i remarked about that low potential in my earlier post.

Be very careful with this issue if you are in any way involved with the business's, this is just the ammunition they need to extort you to the max, not to mention possible deportation and being blacklisted for a period of time.
                    Ohhhh yes, this is clearly understood - i leave any room where my wife is thinking, planning or making decisions! However, what a very frustrating situation when we have the desire and spirit to invest our own savings here while creating jobs for native Indonesians, but yet as a foreigner i am required (and from my view punished) by having to seek working sponsorship to be involved in our investments and legally reside here. But of course, without that requirement that is another Rp12 million+ annually that the federal coffer does not receive...

With that thought and the beneficial changes in laws for foreigners in recent years, does anyone know of any lobbying being done about this situation of foreigners residing here and investing in/creating businesses?
                    Last edited by all4ywh; 08-12-09, 23:33.

Comment

[QUOTE=all4ywh;50181]
                      Originally posted by omdafyd View Post

yes Om, this would be the initial conclusion based on the participating parties in the conversation. However, the reason for my post is that it was a surprisingly genuine conversation, especially between my wife and the female official, with the official commenting that it would be quite disheartening to get the KITAS process going and then be rejected at the interview. The female official concluded by saying that i should restart my employment search (she cunningly remarked that an English teaching job should be no problem...fyi, i have been down that path already here and the contract was amicably desolved early as i have no desire to work in that occupation) or we should pursue a working permit sponsorship by my wife - i remarked about that low potential in my earlier post.

Ohhhh yes, this is clearly understood - i leave any room where my wife is thinking, planning or making decisions! However, what a very frustrating situation when we have the desire and spirit to invest our own savings here while creating jobs for native Indonesians, but yet as a foreigner i am required (and from my view punished) by having to seek working sponsorship to be involved in our investments and legally reside here. But of course, without that requirement that is another Rp12 million+ annually that the federal coffer does not receive...

With that thought and the beneficial changes in laws for foreigners in recent years, does anyone know of any lobbying being done about this situation of foreigners residing here and investing/creating businesses?

Andy, if it was me, and I know a certain Mod who takes the same attitude, I wouldn't be averse to advising my wife in regard to her business ventures.
                      I think Immigrasi would have a hard time proving anything or making a case out of that, in any event how could they possibly know.

PS, I still think they are trying it on, they are very, very well experienced in having friendly conversations, a bit like the 'long con'...
                      Why don't you ask this helpful female to point out the actual regulation that she says might preclude you from obtaining a KITAS.

either way good luck mate.
                      Last edited by ohmdafyd; 08-12-09, 23:39.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Don't worry and be confident... There is no age factor in obtaining a KITAS... The 'interviews' are mainly to check whether the required documents are intact. Although some officials may cook up some tricks in order to make you believe that you really need their help.

From my own recent experience, I was not asked for a single document to prove whether or not I have any or enough funds but I was only asked verbally on that.

Anyway, some people just don't get it that it is possible to survive without work. Like one official who still insist that its better for me to get a company/association sponsored visa instead. I just told him that I want to be on a wife sponsored KITAS first and will be looking around for legal work later.
                        Thanks tingkap for the prompt response! Some questions:

1. Did you recently relocate to Indonesia?

My situation is that I have been here for 30 weeks - I originally arrived on a working permit sponsored by a school - as mentioned in my post to om, that ended after 4 months and I have been on a Sosbud since.

2. During the interview were you asked about your plans for the next year while living here?

3. Any question about why you are not desiring to work now or comment about your age?

Comment

I arrived here on a sosbud in march 2009. I converted to a wife sponsored kitas via a 317 visa a few months later. No interviews and my age is 31. They never asked for any proof of funds either. The only sweat is that you have to exit to singapore for a few days. I guess it depends alot on luck too.

Comment

Originally posted by beebop View Post
                            I arrived here on a sosbud in march 2009. I converted to a wife sponsored kitas via a 317 visa a few months later. No interviews and my age is 31. They never asked for any proof of funds either. The only sweat is that you have to exit to singapore for a few days. I guess it depends alot on luck too.
                            Indeed Beebop we remember your process well.
                            Your experience, highlights the differences in approach by different staff and offices around the Country.
                            Your successful application, tho' not without it's stresses if I remember rightly, should encourage others.
                            I know you were fully informed before and during your application, and supported by people in this forum which I trust helped both you and your wife to some degree.

As mentioned many times in this forum, having at least a working knowledge of the regulations goes a long way in dealing with corrupt and misleading Orang Immigrasi.

Just for clarification the 317 Visa does require an exit and re entry to complete the process, but as Atlantis has clearly stated this is not compulsory at all, just easier for those who work in the Kantor Immigrasi you have to deal with. The conversion from Sosbud to KITAS can and is often processed within Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by all4ywh View Post
                              Thanks tingkap for the prompt response! Some questions:

1. Did you recently relocate to Indonesia?

Yes. I entered on a Sosbud visa end of Nov.

My situation is that I have been here for 30 weeks - I originally arrived on a working permit sponsored by a school - as mentioned in my post to om, that ended after 4 months and I have been on a Sosbud since.

2. During the interview were you asked about your plans for the next year while living here?

There's no formal interview. No guidelines either, it depends on your luck and whether you look confident or not.

There is no legal basis for age or funds. The wife sponsored KITAS is given solely on 'Humanitarian grounds' in juncture of adjoining oneself with one's family (Wife and/or Kids). This is clearly stated on my Surat Keputusan DirJen Imigrasi which grants me the KITAS (Just got it yesterday!)

3. Any question about why you are not desiring to work now or comment about your age?
                              Nope. Although a comment made about my age though... I'm 31... I was told that I am too old for the visa... Haha.. I just correct him politely that I am applying for a Wife Sponsored Visa not a Parent Sponsored Visa... I guess once you know some basics of the law, they will back down...

Comment

Dear All,

Update on my conversion from a Sosbud visa to a KITAS.

I got my Surat Keputusan DirJen yesterday, authorizing the KaKanwil to instruct the KaKanim to grant me a 1 year KITAS on 'Humanitarian grounds' of adjoining oneself to one's family.

Went to KanWil in the morning and submit the letter from DirJen. Waited for an hour and got the letter to the Kanim (No Fees paid, but politely requested whether I can wait for it to be done - Maybe the guy is in good mood today).

Went to the Kanim with both letters from DirJen and KanWil and proceed with photograph taking and finger printing.

Total costs I paid so far;
                                KITAS: Rp.700,000
                                Fingerprinting: Rp.15,000
                                Digital photo: Rp.55,000
                                Photos submitted for application: Rp.30,000

Total: Rp.800,000

Other costs would be transportation, food and Pulsa... No unofficial fees paid... Not even to encourage anyone to type faster...

I will be going to the Kanim again on Friday to pick up my KITAS, Blue book and passport... I will also apply for the Multiple Re-Entry Permit on Friday which would cost me another Rp.1,000,000. Hope all goes well for me on Friday!

Just for the record... I need not leave the country to proceed with the KITAS conversion... I directly request for a conversion from my Sosbud to an ITAS.
                                Last edited by tingkap; 09-12-09, 17:59. Reason: additional comments

Comment

Working...
                                X