No announcement yet.

KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody got married last week and going to apply for ITAS on Tuesday,i would like to know if we have to travel to Jakarta to pick up letter from DITJEN personally or can they mail it to us?..we do not know anybody there who can pick up for us...gonna be a lot of travelling and accomodation expenses...also does anyone know of really cheap accomodation near Immigrasi at Jember...thank you in advance,Greg!

Comment

• Originally posted by brodee View Post
      (1) ... ,i would like to know if we have to travel to Jakarta to pick up letter from DITJEN personally or can they mail it to us?..

(2) ...also does anyone know of really cheap accomodation near Immigrasi at Jember...thank you in advance,Greg!
      (1) You don't need to go to Jakarta , may be by courier/mail (see second reference below)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , (post no.128 , old example of converting Sosbud into KITAS)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-an-Indonesian (how to deal with Jakarta - a recent example of ITAS/KITAS to ITAP/KITAP)
      Note : This KITAP process is similar to the KITAS process

(2) I don't know .

Comment

• ok thanks Marcus,hopefully my brain is getting it together!...one more question..is it correct that STM is no longer required at any stage?

Comment

• Hi, I'm a male, in England. I normally work in England from May until October and visit my Indonesian wife (married 10 years) and family in Central Sulawesi from November until end of April (so 6 months Uk, maximum 180 days Indo on Sosbud).
          I will arrive in Indonesia in November 2013 on a wife-sponsored Sosbud.
          When should I arrange a Kitas if I want to go back to Uk in April 2014, come back to Indonesia November 2014 and still have a valid Kitas + Merp that I have enough time to convert to Kitap in November 2014 ?
          From my understanding, if I start to arrange my Kitas when I arrive in November 2013, my Kitas or Merp, or both will not be valid for long enough to apply for Kitap when I come back to Indonesia in November 2014.
          To further complicate things I want to try to arrange a British passport for my 5 year old son who is in Indonesia with my wife but this means I will have to send my passport to Hong Kong so my passport will be either in Jakarta or Hong Kong.
          I have Buku Nikah (my wife's Buku Nikah was stolen). My wife has a Kartu Keluarga that names me as kepala keluarga (even though I've only ever had Sosbud, so legally I can't LIVE in the house but can only VISIT). More laughably, I'm listed as WNI. I'm not sure if we can use the Kartu Keluarga we have or if we will have to arrange a new Kartu Keluarga that doesn't mention me or lists me as WNA.
          We have no pre-nup so legally even my wife can't own the house that we live in.
          Any advice will be much appreciated.
          Thanks in advance.
          I have no plans so nothing can go wrong

Comment

• can anyone tell me,according to imigrasi website i need a Surat keterangan domosili to start itas conversion..everybody here says not possible to obtain...

Comment

(a) .. is it correct that STM is no longer required at any stage?

(b) .. according to imigrasi website i need a Surat keterangan domosili to start itas conversion..

(c) everybody here says not possible to obtain...
              (a) Correct .

(b) It is not always requested , so better ask your specific Kantor Imigrasi for the list of the required documents , before getting one .

(c) I never heard that before . I , myself , got one for my recent KITAP . You need to go to RT , then RW , then Kantor kelurahan , and then Kantor Kecamatan .
              Last edited by marcus; 24-09-13, 16:43.

Comment

• only issue i still have is the Surat Keterangan Domosili???

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry MacArsey View Post
                  (1) ... From my understanding, if I start to arrange my Kitas when I arrive in November 2013, my Kitas or Merp, or both will not be valid for long enough to apply for Kitap when I come back to Indonesia in November 2014.
                  To further complicate things .. my passport will be either in Jakarta or Hong Kong...

(2) I have Buku Nikah (my wife's Buku Nikah was stolen).

(3) My wife has a Kartu Keluarga that names me as kepala keluarga ... I'm listed as WNI. I'm not sure if we can use the Kartu Keluarga we have or if we will have to arrange a new Kartu Keluarga ..

Any advice will be much appreciated.
                  Thanks in advance.
                  (1) It is a tough schedule for doing all at once .
                  I would do in parts . This next visit , I would do the son's passport and the Kartu Keluarga . In the second visit , then I would do the KITAS process + the KITAP process (or the KITAP could be done in the third visit) .
                  A reasonable time to allocate for a KITAS or a KITAP process is around 2 months (supposing no problem in the middle) . So it is possible to do both in your second visit (request the KITAS as soon as you arrive , then requesting the KITAP as soon as you get the KITAS , so you may have still time left for requesting the KITAP's MERP and later requesting the "KK Orang Asing"/"KTP Orang Asing" (you can leave Indonesia before KK/KTP are ready) .

(2) I suppose there will be no problem . In my case , I submitted only the photocopy of one of the Buku Nikah , and immigration just took a quick look of the original (just one too) and returned it to me .

(3) This Kartu Keluarga is clearly not correct , so better get a new one . Remember that the address in it is also important . The address of all documents (KK , KTP , ..) must be the same , and the real one .

Comment

only issue i still have is the Surat Keterangan Domosili???

I didn't understand .

Comment

• In the Instructions for converting a Sosbud Visa to a Kitas http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...oreign-husband
                      It states:
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. The foreign husband get a Visa Kunjungan SosBud abroad, and get an Izin Kunjungan delivered for a first leg of 60 days at the port of entrance.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. The foreigner goes to his local KanIm (no mandatory waiting period of 4 months), along with his indonesian wife to apply for the conversion of his izin kunjungan in an ITAS. (Pasal 47 & Pasal 48* PP nomor 32 thn 1994)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]3.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] The sponsor "buys" the needed forms (IDR 10K to IDR 25K) and fills a written demand. A "Riwayat Hidup" of the foreigner, a bank statement showing that the couple has enough funds to live 1 full year in Indonesia should be joined.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]4[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. On top of the above, the sponsor should submit:[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]- Akte Perwakinan asli (kristen, Hindhu, Buddhist) or Buku Nikah asli (islam) or Surat Tanda Bukti Lapor Perkawinan asli (overseas wed)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]- Wife's KTP.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]- Husband's Passport.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]5.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Usually, 2 extra sets of photocopies are requested for each documents. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]6[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]. Imigrasi will then issue a document to be brought to the Kantor Wilayah. It is a letter which says that after reviewing all the documents, he has no opposition for the conversion of the immigration status. Allow a couple of days to get the letter signed by the KaKanIm.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2. KanIm is my local Immigration Office in Jakarta Selatan
                      6. Kantor Wilayah. Who and where is this? Is the KaKanIm the same as KanIm and it will take them a couple days to sign before taking to Kantor Wilayah?[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus View Post
                        I didn't understand .
                        at this stage the local desa people etc.are saying i cant get a surat keterangan domisili until i have a kitas...i'll see what happens!

Comment

• My understanding is that the SKD is a (legalized/notarized) certificate about the place of residence of a person or business. Mainly for tax reasons and in case of private sector to avoid double taxation between countries. Doesn't make a lot of sense before a KITAS, think it's even necessary to have a NPWP (tax identifier number).
                          [FONT=arial black]
                          [/FONT]

Comment

• [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Kantor Wilayah is Regional Office. Regional office of what? Immigrations? Where is that? Was that not where KanIm Jakarta Selatan where I applied for the KITAS or is there something between there and DetGenIm[/COLOR][/FONT]
                            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by bundyrum View Post
                              Hi..is it 2 to 3 days or can it be done in 1 day to pick up your 317 visa from indonesian consulate in Darwin..cheers.they don't answer their phones and emails aren't working...as usual.thx.
                              it took me 5 working days to get my sosbud visa in Darwin...

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                                (a) [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Kantor Wilayah is Regional Office. Regional office of what? Immigrations?

(b)Where is that? Was that not where KanIm Jakarta Selatan where I applied for the KITAS or is there something between there and DetGenIm[/COLOR][/FONT]
                                (a) Immigration's regional office .

(b) I don't know , but later when Kantor Imigrasi asks you to go there , you can ask the address .

Comment

Working...
                                X