No announcement yet.

KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Glenn for your explanations, but I think the hierarchy you gave is not totally correct.

- Above all, the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, one duty of which is Imigration, carried on by one of its sections called Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi.
    - At the province level, 1 KanWil per province, which directly represents the Ministry as a whole. Then, in the KanWil, one section is about Imigration.

- Inside the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, one of the Direktorat Jenderal is the Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi. It is as I said before one of the functions of this Ministry.
    - At the regional level (can be kabupaten, city, ..) there are KanIms

So as for a hierarchy, DitjenIm is on top (I don't separate it from the Ministry since it is one section of the Ministry, but of course Menteri Hukum dan HAM is above Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi).
    Below it, you'll have the Imigration section of the KanWil.
    Below it, the KanIms.

There are things that a KanIm can do by itself (example: 1st and 2nd extensions of visa SosBud, extension of tourist visa). Some other things go beyond their competence, and they have to refer to the KanWil they depend on (example: 3rd and 4th extension of visa SosBud - when you need to bring your documents from KanIm to KanWil). And at last, some other things go beyond the competence of the KanWil itself, and they have to refer to DitJenIm (example: KITAS, KITAP, ..). For instance, when you want to make a KITAS, the KanIm gives a letter to the KanWil that is only their "positive opinion" about your case, and then the KanWil gives a letter to the DitJenIm that also states their "positive opinion" about your case, but the final decision is taken by DitJenIm, which will then give order to KanIm to actually make your KITAS.

Hope it helps!
    Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
      The problem is that nearly everybody uses slightly different terms to refer to the same thing and it becomes confusing. It is now apparent that Cabral and rich are referring to DirJen (the main immigration office in Rasuna Said next to Malaysian embassy) and to the Kantor Wilayah. Referring to KanWil as the Kementerian Hukum dan Ham (which it probably is) is confusing. As we are discovering on this Forum, it may or may not be necessary to legalise/register a Muslim marriage from KUA in a separate with Hukum and Ham (which may or may not be the same place as KanWil. Knowing the right place to go and where and how to do it remains a confusing maze for us all.

Has anyone on the Forum actually independently registered their Muslim marriage with the three Government bodies named as for Muslim Affairs, Foreign Affairs and Hukum and Ham after Kua? As I have said, I have registered with Catatan Sipil at very least but beyond that, I remain unsure.

May I say that DirJen on Rasuna Said is very easy to find, just up from the main street leading to Mal Casablanca and next to Malaysian Embassy, if indeed you need to go there. We should all know by now, if on Kitas, know what is our KanIm and KanWil

I'm surprised you had to register your muslim marriage to Catatan Sipil, since for muslim marriages I thought this is automatic, contrary to other religions marriages. I did not register my muslim marriage to CaPil.

But I did do the 3-ministry-process that you mentionned. I don't know how it should be called. It wasn't a requirement of Indonesian government, but of my government in order to legalize my marriage in my embassy and then transcript it to french catatan sipil. As far as I knom it's more a "legalization" of my buku nikah, in order to make sure that my marriage is a real official one, registered by a real officer in its duties, and that the 3 ministry above recognize as legal.

Chris

Comment

• Continued from #531

Went to the KANWIL (The Hak Asasi Manusia one in Jogja, it says KANWIL on the wall, so I just keep calling it that) on the 4th of June. My documents were not finished. They apologized and told me to come back the next day. So I did. On Tuesday the 5th of June I went to KANWIL again. I immediately was given a envelop which I should sent to Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi in Jakarta. No interview, no question, just sign here please and off you go.

As I read on this blog I copied my process number, got a bigger envelop and wrote a formal letter stating I am not able to come to Jakarta myself, but hope my request will be processed and send back using TIKI.

So this big envelop I brought to the nearby TIKI office this morning (6th of June). Now all I can do is wait for the people in Jakarta to process it. I will start calling their number near the end of this week, to see if my envelop has arrived. If all goes well in another two weeks I should have my KITAS. Thus far, besides getting the letter verifying my marriage from the KUA in XXX, the process has been reasonably smooth. Although a "one door" policy, as I am used to in my home country, would seriously make things easier. I kind of feel like their private office boy

to be continued....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabral View Post
          ..... Although a "one door" policy, as I am used to in my home country, would seriously make things easier. I kind of feel like their private office boy
          Unfortunately we all feel like their private office boy indeed .

And it was even worse before . Some 10 years ago , when doing my Sosbud Visa extensions , I had to carry the folder/document(s) from one desk to another , inside the same building , covering some 6 different desks/sections . Carry and wait to get back the folder/document(s) .
          Now , for the same extension , you have to go to 3 different sections .

Making photocopies nearby didn't change .
          Last edited by marcus; 06-06-12, 10:59.

Comment

Continued from #531

Went to the KANWIL (The Hak Asasi Manusia one in Jogja, it says KANWIL on the wall, so I just keep calling it that) on the 4th of June. My documents were not finished. They apologized and told me to come back the next day. So I did. On Tuesday the 5th of June I went to KANWIL again. I immediately was given a envelop which I should sent to Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi in Jakarta. No interview, no question, just sign here please and off you go.

As I read on this blog I copied my process number, got a bigger envelop and wrote a formal letter stating I am not able to come to Jakarta myself, but hope my request will be processed and send back using TIKI.

So this big envelop I brought to the nearby TIKI office this morning (6th of June). Now all I can do is wait for the people in Jakarta to process it. I will start calling their number near the end of this week, to see if my envelop has arrived. If all goes well in another two weeks I should have my KITAS. Thus far, besides getting the letter verifying my marriage from the KUA in XXX, the process has been reasonably smooth. Although a "one door" policy, as I am used to in my home country, would seriously make things easier. I kind of feel like their private office boy

to be continued....
            Hi Cabral. I am reading your post with great interest. Just want you to know that all of us here as mixed marriage couples are pretty much in the same shoes as yours! love to learn on how things goes with your TIKI etc. Best of luck.

Comment

• Continued from #543

Called the DETJEN number (021-5224658) 17 times on friday afternoon (8th of June) and this morning (12th of June) another 14 times. Still no answer I guess I have to be more patient....

Atlantis -> On the first post on this forum it says I have to pick up the letter myself from DETJEN, or use surat kuasa. Is this really necessary? The airfare/ time consumed to get to jakarta seems ridiculous in comparison to the duty at hand, which is picking up a letter. If they ever pick up the phone, can't I just ask them to send all the files back (politely of course, dengan alasan yang masuk akal). I am willing to pay for the postage...And if they (DETJEN) press the OK button online, shouldn't that be enough for immigration to process me a KITAS?

I have another 24 days left before having to extend my SOSBUD visa, passport still at immigration Yogyakarta, hope things work out....

To be continued...

ps: Happy_mom thanks for the support.
              ps2: just tried calling again 2 more times.....still no answer....

Comment

(1)...Atlantis -> On the first post on this forum it says I have to pick up the letter myself from DETJEN, or use surat kuasa. Is this really necessary?

(2) I have another 24 days left before having to extend my SOSBUD visa, passport still at immigration Yogyakarta, hope things work out....
                (1) At the time he wrote that post , this was his suggestion . But if you see his thread about the KITAP he got , you will see that it is not really necessary .

( partial copy of Atlantis' post at http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ITAP-UU-6-2011)
                [...I've met him and had an interesting discussion with him, confirming me that an applicant do NOT need ANYMORE to pick up his/her SK himself/herself when he/she converts an izin kunjungan in an ITAS or an ITAS in an ITAP. Therefore, if you are not in a hurry, you may decide to wait at home and just monitor the issuance of the Keputusan Direktur jenderal Imigrasi tentang alih status izin tinggal terbatas menjadi izin tinggal tetap (Decree of the Director General of immigration concerning the conversion of a temporary residency permit in a permanent residency permit)

If you do NOT pick up the SK yourself, it will be sent to your KanWil around 15 days after it get issued. Just monitor it on the phone. As soon as you get told that the SK has been issued, start to telephone to your KanWil to know if they have received it.
                Obviously, if you want to hurry the process, you can go to the DitJenIm to pick up the letter yourself. The subdirektorat alih status is situated at the 5th floor. When you enter the direktorat izin tinggal dan status keimigrasian, it is the door almost in front of you. Enter in the premise and try to located a short guy (sitting or standing up, it seems that he has always the same size), in his 40s, with glasses and a retine problem. He is a very nice guy and is the one dealing with the SK. When you enter the subdirektorat alih status the three offices are from left to right: the office of the kasi alih status izin terbatas (for those who convert an izin kunjungan in an ITAS), the kasi alih status izin tetap (the guy who may ask to talk to you if you come to pick up your SK yourself... and who may try to see if you do not have any spare money to share) and the one in the right corner is the one of pak Eko, the kasubdit.

If you wait them to send the SK, it shouldn't take more than 48 hours in between sending by the DitJenIm and reception by the KanWil...]

(2) be informed that , as soon as Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi writes the approval letter , the ITAS/KITAS is officially approved (your ITAS/KITAS validity date starts from the date of issuance of this letter) , so if it arrives a little late at KanWil and KanIm , it will not be a problem .
                But there was one poster saying that they didn't send the letter because they waited the "ok , please send it" from the applicant .
                Last edited by marcus; 12-06-12, 17:39.

Comment

• Continued from #546

Alhamdullilah, my 36nd phone-call today was a success. After a few times getting into the menu, but being thrown back out again, I finally got in touch with someone at the front desk. Explained him my needs and he connected me through to the right department. Although it it took a total of 3 times going back and forth to the operator at the front desk, he was a good chap and hung in there with me When someone picked up a lady answered the phone. I gave her my name and within one minute she found my file. The letter had arrived on friday, it was processed on monday, and today an SK was going to be made ready for the "bapak kepala" to sign. In all my enthusiasm I forgot to ask her name, sorry.....

I asked politely if they could send the SK back to Kanwil Jogja, and she said that's no problem. Her guess was that by thursday the SK should be ready. Suddenly the skies are looking a lot brighter. Even though all the calling took 30rb. of my pulsa, I am a happier person, knowing everything seems to be going smooth. Keep on calling and calling and calling is definitely the right advice. In total I called 17 times on Friday and 36 times today

To be continued....

ps: Marcus thank you very much for the info. I don't have to worry about extending my SOSBUD it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Takri View Post
                    Thank you Glenn for your explanations, but I think the hierarchy you gave is not totally correct.
                    Thanks for providing further details on the hierarchy! Your comments have served to enlighten me.

Originally posted by Cabral View Post
                    Continued from #546

Alhamdullilah, my 36nd phone-call today was a success.
                    Congratulations, Cabral!

Namaste, peace & love,
                    Glenn
                    I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• Processing KITAS in KanIm Denpasar, Bali

Hi all,

I thought I would share my experience processing my KITAS in Denpasar, Bali, in case this could help some other people here in Bali.

I started the process roughly 1 month after entering Indonesia on a sosBud, and the whole process took less than 1,5 month. It went smooth and, as always since I started dealing with KanIm Denpasar 2 years ago, with no bribe or attempts of asking for bribes.

So the whole process costed me Rp 700.000 (ITAS) + Rp 55.000 (pix and fingerprints) + Rp 5.000 (red file).

1st visit (to KanIm): alone, to give all the documents :
                      - the regular perdims (forgot the numbers)
                      - surat permohonan from my wife (no meterai)
                      - surat jaminan from my wife (with meterai - form available at the kanim)
                      - passport + photocopy
                      - photocopy of wife's KTP + Kartu Keluarga
                      - surat riwayat hidup (resume - form available at the kanim)
                      - photocopy of buku nikah
                      - photocopy of the Surat Izin Menikah from my embassy stating that they checked my status and allowed me to marry in Indonesia (it is not a proof that they know that I actually married since they made it before my wedding, but since I had an official translation in Indonesian I thought I would add it to my file)
                      - photocopy of the akta pernikahan made by my embassy after transcription of my Indonesian buku nikah (I only had the original french version and highlighted the words "marriage", "embassy", my name and my wife's name, the date, and they were satisfied with it). This is to prove that my embassy is aware of and acknowledges my marriage.
                      - a surat keterangan domisili from my kantor desa. It wasn't clearly asked but I prefered to do it.

They asked me to come back approximately 10 days later.

2nd visit (to KanIm) : After a week or so, they called my wife and asked her to come to KanIm for an interview. We came together with little baby (it always helps...) and answered a few questions about where we live, what's my job, where we married, etc. No more than 10 minutes and nothing special or tricky. They told me to come back a few days later to pick my letter for KanWil.

3rd visit (to KanIm and KanWil): I came the due date, and was given the letter to be brought to KanWil and stating their positive opinion about my request for KITAS. But the lady warned me that the signature of the civil officer was missing on my wife's kartu keluarga, and that this could cause problem in the KanWil. She suggested me to fix this before giving me the file and the letter for KanWil. So I made a quick (well...) run to my kantor camat and kantor kependudukan dan catatan sipil and got the signature the same morning, went back to kanim, replaced the KK with the fixed one, and took a set of everything + the letter and brought them to KanWil.
                      In the KanWil a nice guy checked my set of documents. He asked me what was my job in Indonesia. I said no job. He asked me how I was going to fund my family for 1 year. I said with my savings from France. He said I should add a bank statement to my file. I gave him a french bank statement that I had prepared, with no translation, but where I had highlighted the date, my name, the amount of money in euros and he was satisfied with it. He only asked to write a letter saying something like "I attest that during my stay in Indonesia I will fund my family with my savings from France".
                      He said they would process the letter for DitJenIm within 2 days, and that they can send it themselves but that I would save 1 or 2 weeks by sending it by myself with Tiki for instance. I said I would pick up the letter in 2 days.

4th visit (to KanWil): I came to pick up the letter and the set of documents to be sent to DitJenIm. The same nice guy told me to come back in 1 or 1,5 month to check if the letter from DitJenIm had already arrived. I sent all the documents to DitJenIm via Tiki.

5th visit (to KanIm): I went to KanIm after about 2,5 weeks to process the 2nd extension of my SosBud (I had processed the 1st one during my above visits to KanIm). I had all my documents and my red file but the officer saw my name and said "you don't need to do that, your kitas is ready to be paid for". Waow!! Imigration got faster than expected! In 2 weeks my file had gone to Jakarta, had been approved, the letter from Jakarta had been done and sent to KanWil and KanIm! That was a big surprise. So instead of asking for a SosBud extension I paid for my ITAS and got my picture and fingerprints taken. They said my KITAS and buku POA would be ready in 3 days.

6th visit (to KanIm): after 3 days I went to KanIm and picked up my kitas + buku POA. I then asked what documents I should gathered if I wanted to asked for a KITAP right away (I've been married for 2 years and 1 month). A first guy kindly said "oh you can't do it right away". I said I think I can since the new law and a second guy told "yes you can, the documents you need to gather are the same as for the KITAS". Actually I think I'm gonna rest for a few months, but it's nice to see that ITAS to ITAP conversion, right away after the 1st ITAS, doesn't seem to be a problem.

I reported to Kantor Kependudukan dan Catatan Sipil this morning and should get the SKPPS tomorrow. Next step reporting to POLDA Denpasar for SKLD.

Have a nice day all of you,

Chris

Comment

• Reporting to CaPil and to POLDA after getting KITAS in Denpasar, Bali + question about SKTT

Following previous post, here I'll tell about my reporting to CaPil kabupaten Gianyar and to POLDA Denpasar after getting KITAS 1 :

1) CaPil Gianyar to get SKPPS (what about SKTT??)

I went to kantor kependudukan dan catatan sipil (CaPil) of my kabupaten, Gianyar, to register as a KITAS holder and, I thought, get a SKTT. The people there didn't seem to have previously heard about SKTT but quickly said "oh you're applying for SKPPS (Surat Keterangan Pendaftaran Penduduk Sementara), here is the form and the documents you have to gather". I filled the form and gave the required documents (photocopies of paspor, kitas, buku poa, ...).

After a week or so (they forgot to call me as they said they would) I went to CaPil. I think the letter had been ready for several days. It was indeed a SKPPS. I met with a guy who said to be the kepala seksi mutasi orang, a nice guy who handed me my SKPPS. He told me the fee was 350.000 Rp and before I could express any surprise (since I expected a cheaper price) he showed me a Peraturan Daerah Kabupaten Gianyar dated from 2010 about fees that must be paid to CaPil and, indeed, it said 350.000 Rp for a SKPPS for a KITAS holder. He gave me a receipt. I still plan to get my own copy of this PerDa, but I guess that is the price.

Since I still had in mind my SKTT I asked him about that and he said "SKTT?.... oh you mean SKTTT, Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal Tetap? you'll only need this when you have a KITAP!". No, I didn't mean SKTTT but asked if there was any other document that I should ask for and get from CaPil as a KITAS holder. He said no, there is nothing else, only SKPPS.

His answer surprised me since SKTT is actually a document that is clearly mentionned in UU 23 Tahun 2006 tentang Administrasi Kependudukan in article 20:

Pasal 20:
                        (1) Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang datang dari luar negeri dan Orang Asing yang memiliki izin lainnya yang telah berubah status sebagai pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang berencana bertempat tinggal di wilayah Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia wajib melaporkan kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari sejak diterbitkan Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                        (2) Berdasarkan laporan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1), Instansi Pelaksana mendaftar dan menerbitkan Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal.
                        (3) Masa berlaku Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (2) disesuaikan dengan masa berlaku Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                        (4) Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (2) wajib dibawa pada saat berpergian.

Obligation of CaPil about that is even stressed in article 69:

Pasal 69:
                        (1) lnstansi Pelaksana atau Pejabat yang diberi kewenangan, sesuai tanggung jawabnya, wajib menerbitkan dokumen Pendaftaran Penduduk sebagai berikut:
                        f. Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal untuk Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari;

I didn't have the law with me and didn't argue more. Any advice? Should I go there again with the law and ask about SKTT? Or did I do my job and is this their problem?

2) POLDA Denpasar to get SKLD:

Smooth and straightforward, nice people. I was asked to pay 100.000 Rp which I knew was the official price. Got a Surat Tanda Terima until the SKLD is issued.

Have a good day,
                        Chris

Comment

• [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]continued from #548

Three weeks after I called the DETJEN in Jakarta and received word all my documents had arrived, I decided to walk into the KANIM Yogyakarta and see what is happening. I had not been called or informed at all. After writing down my name on a piece op paper, I received my entire folder and was told to go the cashier. I couldn't help but take a peak and indeed inside there was a printout of the official decision by the DETJEN to grant me a KITAS.

I paid the 755,000 IDR I knew I was supposed to pay. Then I had my picture and fingerprints taken and was ordered to go upstairs and collect a blue book. I got this little book (buku pengawasan orang asing) and was then ordered to sign the blue book and my future KITAS.

I can come back on the 11th of July to officially pick up my KITAS. After this I will go straight to Catatan Sipil to get my SKPPS, or is it SKTT? I am confused now after reading Takri's story. The catatan sipil in Yogyakarta seems clean, I noticed this after getting my newly born son's birth certificate there for free while being helped with legalizing several needed documents at no cost. So I have no fears going there next week.

I met a Dutch lady at KANIM Jogja who just got her KITAP, but had paid more than 7,000,000 IDR for it, with help from the immigration people she said, and then the trip to Jakarta, she added. I just explained I have done everything myself, never went to Jakarta (TIKI), and have my KITAS now for a little less than 800,000 IDR and am planning to get a KITAP for a little over 3,000,000 IDR in about 10 months. She found it hard to believe.......

Thanks to all the info here I feel much more confident in dealing with Indonesian government, and will longer be forced to pay such crazy amounts....a big thanks to everyone sharing info here

Salam,
                          Cabral[/FONT][/COLOR]
                          Last edited by Cabral; 03-07-12, 20:42.

Comment

.....[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]and am planning to get a KITAP for a little over 3,000,000 IDR in about 10 months.....[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            ???
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cabral
                              .....[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]and am planning to get a KITAP for a little over 3,000,000 IDR in about 10 months.....[/FONT][/COLOR]

???

My current KITAS is one year valid, so it would be a waste of money to immediately change it into a KITAP. Better keep it for about 10 months and than start the procedure for a KITAP. Besides I have seen enough KANIM and KANWIL for a while
                              Hope that explains it.....

Comment

My current KITAS is one year valid, so it would be a waste of money to immediately change it into a KITAP. Better keep it for about 10 months and than start the procedure for a KITAP. Besides I have seen enough KANIM and KANWIL for a while
                                Hope that explains it.....
                                It is a spouse sponsored KITAS, right? Then you will be in for a surprise, look at this (posted by Atlantis in one of the KITAP explanations):

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]....the article of law which lists the category of [COLOR=#417394]KITAS[/COLOR] holder that could be entitled to be issued a [COLOR=#417394]KITAP[/COLOR]. They are:[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]a.) investors[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]b.) rare foreign expert[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]c.) top foreign manager of a company[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]d.) foreign churchmen carrying religious duties[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]e.) foreign spouse joining an Indonesian husband or wife[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]f.) legitimate child who holds a foreign passport joining an Indonesian parent[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black][SIZE=2]g.) foreign spouse of a foreigner holding a [COLOR=#417394]KITAP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]h.) legitimate unmarried foreign child (under 18 y.o) joining a foreign father/mother who is a [COLOR=#417394]KITAP[/COLOR]holder.[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]i.) Former Indonesian willing to regain Indonesian citizenship as per Citizenship law number 12/2006[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=black]j.) Retired foreigner*[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]If your [COLOR=#417394]KITAS[/COLOR] doesn't belong to any of these category, then you can not apply for a [COLOR=#417394]KITAP[/COLOR]. ..... Indonesian wife sponspors you for a [COLOR=#417394]KITAS[/COLOR] (without having the right to work then). Then after 2 years, you will be able to apply for a [COLOR=#417394]KITAP[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]However, belonging to one of the above categories is not enough..., it says that the change of status (from ITAS to ITAP) must consider the benefits that this foreigner brings to the nation in terms of national development and must consider the human aspects. This is for the very least highly subjective.....[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
                                So you will need multiple KITAS first...

Look here for the process:
                                Last edited by jstar; 04-07-12, 10:48.
                                [FONT=arial black]
                                [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X